Show of support

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scramm, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Scramm Journeyman

I don't actually have a problem, I just wanted to say to all the people working on our beloved game that I really appreciate how much you put in to making this such an awesome place to be. I know you get a load of abuse when some ignorant troglodyte DDOS's the servers, but there are plenty of us who know you work your buns off to get us safely back in game. Thank you all so much.
  2. Kryshael Journeyman

Agreed!!

I enjoy playing this game and just glad that it is still around after 17 years.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Scramm like this.
  3. Mileaux New Member

Sorry, this forum has been mis-labelled: Player Support simply doesn't exist for this game any longer. Just a casual perusal of ignored topics spanning months should be ample evidence of this. In all reality, it is most likely two or three unfortunate souls better suited for digging ditches or greeting shoppers rather than a team of focused and knowledgable support professionals. :mad:
  4. Scramm Journeyman

Actually, every question I've sent to DB about the game has been dealt with really quickly. They've been nothing but polite and helpful to me every time, even when I had a problem through my own fault. So, I've got absolutely nothing bad to say about their customer support. On here, it seems to be more players supporting each other, which makes sense to me as it's a forum for all of us.
  5. Mileaux New Member

Website hosted and (allegedly) moderated by DeyBreakGames.
    So very happy you received the support everyone else posting here has not - I have had a handful of positive exchanges with support staff over the years, but as I stated before: just look at all the ignored posts and issues listed within this shadowy corner of their forums.
  6. Scramm Journeyman

Aye, I can't say anything from your viewpoint since I've not had the experiences you've had. And it's a shame there are people that feel they're (and are) being ignored. I just put it down to the fact that this is by far the oldest game they're running. It's still being played by thousands of people, but it'll be making them nowhere near as much money as their newer games. The support staff we have probably just don't have the budget or manpower to help as much as they'd like, so focus on things like petitions and direct contact over forums. I'm sure they're not too happy about it either. I'm just glad the game is still around and that so many people still play it. Hopefully, DB bosses will see sense and put more resources into it someday.
  7. Wickedblades New Member

A lot of today's gamers are big cry-babies with deep-seeded narcissism. Their gaming problems constitute an emergency and quite possibly the end of the world. They forget that people, just like them, are working to improve, fix, and create new content for their enjoyment. So, it's good to see a thread like this. Kudos.
  8. johntherob Journeyman

I don't mind the servers being down BUT after the past couple of weeks of crashes and instances not loading SOMEONE has to step up and take responsibility. That is, in a fictionally perfect world, the CEO. Now it is some Shadowy hacker group that gets blamed when the old, dilapidated equipment begins its inevitable slide to obsolescence.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Mileaux New Member

Prove it.
  10. Lianeb Augur

Were you able to login and go to Empires of Kunark today?
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

Prove the opposite. Your position is loud, but you are really the minority.

As a previous poster wrote, there are a lot of posts writen by immature whiners, whom find an echochamber online, if not in RL.

There are actual concrete problems with server instability, and venting that frustration is legimate and valid. That is not the same as "DB sucks" or some other teenage-like approach to problems.

I believe you need to be informed that most people that read a non-specific complain from you automatically tag you as a whiner and complainer, and simply ignore you. If you want to be tanken serious, you have to stop contributing to the background noise of the internet, and be specific, concrete, and constructive, even fact-based if possible. Critique is fine, if it is constructive. I hope my feedback to you is specific enough.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Cheers to those who make today's EQ possible, I am enjoying it very much.