EQ Wishlist 2017

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soon, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Soon Augur

Let me start first!

1. Separate GoD & OoW releases
    2. Faster level xp (Phinny)
    3. Cancel the new TLP server. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. puppypaws New Member

1. Phinny best of the best tournaments, and the prize is kronos.
    2. More marketplace ornaments and mounts
    3. Dandin
  3. Caxx Journeyman

1) remove mark of the mighty pet debuff / nerf
  4. Darshan New Member

New progression server with the following ruleset:

FV loot rules
    Phinny exp
    Phinny instancing
    2 Accounts max instead of 1 on Phinny
    3 Month Xpac timers
  5. AgentofChange Augur

True progression server. xpacs are released immediately after the previous one has been defeated.
  6. Strawberry Augur

Ok.

New TLP:

-phinny true box rules
    -better XP (twice that of phinni)
    -PoP newbee armor quest implemented at launch
    -launch with velious or later
    -no krono
  7. fransisco Augur

- phinny like server
    - slower unlocks
    - all krono is no drop
    Immortalus likes this.
  8. TheDude115 New Member

Phinny exp is fast enough... please leave it as it is.
  9. TheDude115 New Member

plus you can get pots too.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Resurrect the Al'Kabor server and provide a legit PC client, require Gold Membership to access the server.
    Bewts likes this.
  11. malaki Augur

Everyone asking for no drop krono or whatever are just asking for people to get ripped off when people do their krono trades on other servers. There's no chance they'll make a server that you can't subscribe to with krono so it will always be a thing.
  12. Trevalon Augur

1) LJ/RF EXP Rate on Phinny
    2) Plane of Storms Keying fixed
    3) GoD by itself.
  13. Ming Tee Augur

Peace on Norrath...because phinny is already perfect.
  14. Bewts Augur

Good lord, I'd have to quit my job to keep up.
  15. Bewts Augur

This would be pretty much amazing.

Would you want the characters restored too or start from scratch?
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Would want my characters back. It's the only set of characters that has ever been removed completely by an official EverQuest server. Every other merge or server close allowed you to keep your characters.

Could even do a fresh server with identical code base if too many people were wanting that. Call it Miragul!
  17. Darshan New Member

What was Al'Kabor server?
  18. Illusory Augur

1) Cancel the new TLP Server.
    2) Shutdown Vulak, Fippy, RF, & Lockjaw (Probably costing you more money to keep them operating.)
    3) Further reduce phinny's xp rate.
    4) Increase Phinny's expansion unlocks to 1 year
    5) Eliminate krono from Phinny, your krono will be transferred to a randomly created character on another server.
    5) Enforcement of Phinny's ruleset.

Booyah, Happy New Years! :)

(As I was jokingly writing the above, I bet if they actually made these changes, it wouldn't impact Phinny at all and everyone would still play.)
  19. Lungvin Lorekeeper

it was the mac version of eq. It stopped at PoP
  20. Bewts Augur

It was an isolated community on a server that had minimal to no developer enhancements for a very long time.

It effectively stopped at PoP, and had plenty of... Unique bugs. Notoriously, pacification cast twice bugged mobs to be permanently pacified unless your character rubbed against the mob. It made farming named in zones like BoT simple - paci all but the named PH and run from PH to PH farming armor molds. There were others, but that's an example of the quirky for better or worse Ak server.

Back in 2012 or so, the server was decided to be sunset because it simply didn't generate revenue as there was no online marketplace and only had paid subscriptions. Development to catch it up wasn't... Practical. Hard to find development and coders familiar with that old language I presume?

Outrage ensued from many a person as we on AK didn't ask for much, just keep the lights on and a hard server reset every two weeks.

Powers to be gave in, and went a step further making the game free to play on AK, including a new web based launchpad. Not sure how it all worked, but PC players were able to access the server via that launchpad.

The attention this got and launchpad changes drew in a new group of players, and all was right in the AK world again.

Unfortunately, this second life was short lived and our new player base created a spike in CS tickets amongst other issues.

As the server no longer generated ANY revenue via F2P and no marketplace micro transactions, somewhere along the line the decision was made to pull the plug AGAIN - no exceptions made; We were hurting the bottom line. I'm not clear if this was pre DBG in the timeline or not, but I suspect cost analysis via CS allocation of expenses made the AK server line item stick out like a sore thumb and made us a liability financially. That, plus lack of developer support in the Mac arena made the server a risk that a catastrophic failure may not be easily or affordable to repair.

We pleaded to have the code released so we could port the server or replicate it p99 style. All, requests were denied and the plug was pulled. All characters were lost, no transfers, no compensation, nothing. Some people had been paying members for a decade or longer, I was in the 3-5 year window myself on 3 accounts. We got a thank you and a public letter on the forums.

It was a pretty tragic course of events for many of us, and the decade long success of a time locked server makes a great case for a TLP setup in this fashion.

I'd put AK style on my EQ wish list every year.