Cannot run 2 accounts at the same time, crash, crash, crash.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Elyssanda, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Yeah, I don't bypass the launchpad, that part is running correctly. path points to it correctly.
  2. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Ok, do all three ICONS point to different Folder Structures as in each has its own unique folder?
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

nope, they point to the same place. I need to DL to a new directory?
  4. moogs Augur

/wave

What is your EQ installation directory? When I ran the installer from everquest.com, I changed it from the default C:\Users\me\Public\Daybreak Games Company\Installed Games\EverQuest to just C:\EverQuest

I only have one shortcut on the desktop and everything works fine. In the launcher just select your account and log in. I usually log in the second and third accounts after selecting the server. No need to install in multiple folders or have multiple eqclient.ini files. Keep it simple.

I would suggest backing up your EQ folder, installing it fresh to a simple folder path (C:\EverQuest works for me but it's your system), and then copy files as needed from your backup such as EverQuest\maps, EverQuest\uifiles (?), and your character INI files (luclin_elyssandra.ini) and so on.
  5. Enigma Maitreya Augur

My take is there is something causing an exception to occur that is not being handled properly as in informing you of what the problem is.

One simple test you can make is this, copy your Everquest Folder (the one that contains the launchpad.exe) to the same parent folder, this should create a new folder named Copy of Everquest with everything inside it.

Now then execute the launchpad.exe from inside the Copy of Everquest, it should fire up and get you to the first screen, what I would then do, is launch from the ICON and see if it comes up. If it does, then despite all other things, the indication is that you can resolve your problem by creating separate folders.

Again it is easy to determine by simply making a 3rd copy of the Everquest folder and then executing the launchpad.exe from it, if you then have all 3 instances running .... you need to chose. To pursue why they can not all be executed from the same directory, something I avoid like the plague, accept the setup as is and just create new shortcuts for the 2 copy's, uninstall EQ totaly and delete all folders (the dx9 dll should remain and not cause a problem), reinstall EQ and see if that fixes all your problems..

Another thing, you said it all worked 9(?) months ago, did anything substantive change in that time to your computer, hardware, OS, software etc?
  6. Eniner Augur

Steam is kinda like the devil with some things i highly recommend downing everquest straight from daybreaks site.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Steam has been gone completely eradicated for over a year. Trying Moog's fix now.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If that doesn't work then check for graphics issue. Log on to each account and check in the cog wheel that all is the same on each account. IE 800x600, old models on/off etc. If this is Windows 10 you can try changing your compatibility mode in there also, to windows 7 I think is what people are using.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Close to winner winner chicken dinner! I had my main account set at 1920x1080, which isn't even an option from the login cog wheel. I had to drop both of them to 1280x1024.. and Having 1 account logged in fully, with a character standing in POK, when starting up second account, got me all of the way through character select screen before I had a *reset device error* and it would shut down.

Now, honestly, I'm 3/4 brain dead atm, because counting driving time, I've now worked 19 of the last 24 hours, so I'm not gonna mess with it anymore tonight, but tomorrow morning, I will try again.
  10. Bluebox New Member

I play on 2 computers, 1 computer logs in 3 accounts easy peasy. the other computer logs in 1 account, the 2nd account is just a black screen after the launcher.

DOH
  11. Enigma Maitreya Augur

I never said it wouldn't. What I said was I would avoid that scenario like the plague for these reasons. It requires shared file access, anytime any program .... ooops forgot about that .... and you will get an exception generated. Second, go to the Test Server and then log in Account 2 .... Ooops it went to test server as well OR it reverted Account 1's files to NOT Test Server.

In short for the few pennies it takes to duplicate the folder on a hard drive, it just, in my opinion, doesn't make any sense not to. Who needs the headaches like this individual is having.
  12. Bluebox New Member

So i just went afk for 6 mins and it logged in the other account from the BSOD (black screen of death)

LOL buggy POS game that i love =)
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Still not working right, but I will keep trying..
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok sounds like your rested up now :D Here are two other things to try from my searching around:

Before clicking Play, click on the cog (advanced tools), Game Config which will launch Options Editor. Run through it, setting resolution to at least 800x600 (or 1024x768). This editor has preset resolutions in for many years ago. The reason for the suggested selection is that EQ default resolution is 640x480. 99% of the systems out there will not run with that resolution, having a min requirement of 800x600 with the OS and/or LCD monitor.

And change from or to windowed mode on them.

Good luck! PS I just logged into my patchers and they all say 640x480 on the config screen under the cog wheel. I run 5 accounts on 4 icons.
  15. Sarkaukar Augur

Though I did not see it mentioned whether or not you are using Full Screen or Windowed mode, when running more than one account, run in Windowed mode.

If using the same directory, before starting up the second account, get logged in to at least the character selection screen then hit Alt Enter to change to windowed, log off and back to make sure the setting saved. If using two separate folders, log in, switch to windowed mode then log back out.

If you make any changes to the game then have it crashed without logging out successful, settings tend to not be saved correctly.

And are you using any sort of customized UI, either as a set or pieces?

Also, we should get some info on your system specs. Either create dxdiag (Windows Key + R, type in dxdiag, save as file then post the info from the top to just pass your video card info).

And if you would, post your eqclient.ini info.

Also, with your antivirus program, exclude your EQ directory from active scanning.

For the system itself, make the following changes > Control Panel, Power Options, set from power saver/balanced to HIGH PERFORMANCE.

During since 9 months ago, are you still running on the same computer and OS or had you updated to Win10 from an earlier version?
  16. Loielin New Member

I typically have 3 going at a time. But it will often crash if I don't let one load all the way in before trying to open another.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Have you tried upgrading your graphics driver?