bought augs not so good this xpac

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Dec 26, 2016.

1. svann Augur

I was wondering why no one ever does eok HA's for the sathir trade gems. Looked at what can be bought and found that Id gain 2 Hint over what I got from TBM bought augs. 2 Hint for 500 sathir trade gems seems a little ridiculous considering that the TBM were so cheap. I mean, I have 18k extra currency from TBM without even trying. Considering how much improvement every other item is this expac, I think the bought augs should be a little better than they are.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

34 type 5 augs are fine as is. Currency amount from the HAs need to increase. That is the true issue imo
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

These augs exist as much for the people who are just getting to this level or skipped TBM gear as they do for those who are moving from TBM gear to EoK gear.
  4. svann Augur

Perhaps, but is anyone running eok HA's for currency to get augs? Not that Ive seen. Unused content is bad content.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

I have been recently.
  6. segap Augur

I'm not and have no intention to. The time vs. reward is not worth it. The HAs are also fairly boring on top of the lack of value.
  7. Kravn Augur

750 for the bag and done... Augs really not worth upgrading to.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Why isn't the currency tradeable this time around?
  9. Cicelee Augur

It amazes me how so many people will complain about something such as this, then in three days complain that they are done with EOK partisan/mercenary/missions and now have nothing to do.

This expansion is supposed to last us until October presumably, when next beta opens up for next expansion presumably. Why you feel you have to rush to get everything done by 2017 is mind boggling. I am sure there are people out there who have completed all EOK group stuff, including hunter and collections, and will complain mid January that they are bored out of their mind. Well, then do some HA and upgrade ten of your slot 5 augments. Or do some TS and upgrade Artisan Prize.

Yes the augments may not provide much of an improvement over what you currently have. But that is what the next seven months are for. Relax, do five of them every two weeks casually, and look- you just upgraded all your +32 to +34.
  10. Xanathol Augur

+2 heroics over TBM augs are rather pointless no matter how you slice it, regardless of price.
  11. segap Augur

The problem is having content that's worth doing, or that is fun enough to do multiple times. It's EQ, I expect busy work. It's just that I expect some entertainment while doing it. None of the merc tasks have any replay value. Most of the partisan tasks are long and drawn out running errands with a few kills here and there and not entertaining enough to repeat. I've also personally found the HAs to be dull. Despite the thousands of AA, it only takes a couple weeks without trying too hard to get the ones that actually make a difference of any kind. Pretty much leaves camping type 7 augs.
  12. Kassus New Member

If its not worth your time dont do it. Some content upgrades you faster than others. Sometimes you kill a mob several times until you get what you want, sometimes you run a mission several times till you get what you want. Many do not mind putting in hours and hours of work for small upgrades that set them apart from others. +2 on a heroic stat doesnt seem like much, but if it took you 2 weeks to farm 1 single item that gave +20 more to a single heroic would you do it? Upgrading 10 small things can be the same as one large upgrade.

You also have to look and think this may be intentional. Most of the group drops pretty much make all group content trivial. They could not make it much more powerful or it would be even worse. They also needed to add in content that did take time to finish to give people that wanted to improve their chars something to do. Progression, etc only last so long and many are already completing those.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Since Ngreth decided to remove the non-lore type 5s from named drop tables, it would be nice if heroic adventures gave a little more currency. Right now it's a pretty big grind for an aug, the stats of which are nearly identical to Sulstones, and you can farm that currency faster or trade for it. It's not a big deal either way. No reason to pick up the pitchfork and torch for.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daybreak/SOE has an established history of switching every so often between tradeable and non tradeable currency this is just one of those times. Helps mix it up. But yeah every time they switch over from tradeable one expansion to not the next people ask the same question.

So I suspect the answer is they felt it was time to go non tradeable. And I suspect they wanted to make the focus of this expansion camping items. Again.. switching up so it is not the same old same old again.
  15. daranged Lorekeeper

Also the augs can not be sold back to vendor cant remember if could in tbm but would be nice as building toon might want swap out few etc tried today and couldnt sell so wasted 5 runs through ha`s there maybe a "glitch" im hoping wont destroy it yet
  16. Sindaiann Augur

You could sell type5 back in TBM
  17. Tucoh Augur

The price and increase wouldn't be so bad except that there's so few ways to get the currency. If we got a small amount of currency from doing group missions, non-instanced merc tasks, named kills etc it'd be a slow grind to replace our TBM type 5s with EoK type 5s, but we wouldn't be forced to do some pretty boring HAs for it.

Still, I'm not complaining. If the increase was +10 instead of +2, we'd all feel obligated to farm them, and that could be some 50+ HA runs, and it'd feel like Gribbles by the time we were done!
    Sindaiann likes this.
  18. Ruven_BB Augur

Do the world rares drop in instances? And its pretty tedious at the current prices how many missions that will have to be done to max out the augs. I have 5 so far and I'm losing interest quickly.

Ruven
  19. Dropfast Augur

I have no idea why the group missions don't give currency anymore but that is a big part the problem. Considering how small the increase in stats are and combine that with how little each HA gives, It is pretty crappy. Also the currency not being trade able makes it even worse. I'd say either the stats need a small bump or group missions should give currency. The HA's are getting very old fast.

The Droga HA is way overboard really compared to the others. The other night we got the kill 20 mountain death goblins version and it was ridiculous. Each mountain death goblin was surrounded by 4-5 other normal goblins. So if you don't have a good puller or enchanter, it really takes like 80-100 kills to get the 20 you need. It was pretty much the same thing with the Barrel one as well. Why this HA takes 4 times more kills than some of the others is beyond me but whatever I guess. The Lab HA's are the easiest I think, which is kinda funny.
  20. Cicelee Augur

I would guess the main reason why group missions don't give currency is because you can do all four group missions in the time it takes to do Droga HA el oh el.

And even if they added 25 to each mission, people would just chain Lceanium/Droga/Chardok missions every day and never do the HA unless they absolutely wanted collectibles...