I'll keep posting this

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tazzytu22, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Tazzytu22 Journeyman

For the love of Marr, if your going to give us free AA's now. At least make the button Pet Hold work at level 1. There is no clear reason and only detrimental without it prior to the purchased AA.. I play a Beastlord on a progression server as others do.. Its just not possible to pull, spamming pet back etc.. to then have the pet casually walk to his guarded spot instead of running.. Make Pet Hold auto, yes.. At level 1.
    And as well, Bought daybreak potions such as bottle of adventure, speed, clarity etc need to be heirloom.. There is no reason why they should not be heirloom.. For the love of Erollisi!!
  2. Glooping Elder

Welcome to the original way pet classes pulled before pet hold AA was introduced. You are playing a progression server which has most people wanting to go there for "nostalgia". This is one of those things.
  3. Tazzytu22 Journeyman

Also, Vah Shir should be able to take upon the role of Monk.
  4. Tazzytu22 Journeyman

Yes Glooping, I understand the nostalgia and have played sense 99 sense we all here try to out do everyone in /playtime - still I remain. At LEAST for regular servers, I believe it is still a annoying issue.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Probably far less of an issue on regular servers actually. The majority of the regular server player base is above the levels in question and even if not other advantages regular server players get such as better gear helps minimize the issue in regards to overall playability as far as the pet thing goes.

As for the potions I assume the idea is to have us buy potions for each character not make all potions a pool for any toons on an account. Up to daybreak if they want to change that based on what what they think would generate the best income stream.

But I guess there is no harm to ask.
  6. Mcdeath of Rathe New Member

The potions used to be heirloom but there was issue where you could start new character and claim starter pack that came with 10 then transfer..
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

I say I must disagree on principle. We lived with that challenge for many years, without any "AA", pet hold abilities, etc. That is the very essence of the original gameplay, it was hard to be a pet class, because pets could screw everything up. Very often, pets where not allowed in a specific dungeon, etc. Pets would poof on invis ("thanks for killing my pet with invis, buddy"), and would aggro mobs just by being there, on top of that, they where lower levels, so they would aggro from further away. A well known mage technique would be to tank for the pet (since we had no pet heals), so that together, we could kill a mob, and med/bandage/regen health up afterwards. Oh, and pets had the same health regen as players. Pet armor? What pet armor? Pet focus? Pet AA? puh! We didn't need that stuff, we would cross Antonica crawling on the edges of zones, and binding before each zone line (so that we had shorter to run when we died). XP rez? What XP rez? If you wanted the pet to tank, while punching it yourself (yes, that was the way to go when you where OOM, which was real fast), you would have to pull the mob so that the pet was literally on top of it, else it would hit on the player, it was not aggro based, but proximity based (for pets). But the last levels of the 40ies where fantastic: the fire pet had a natural DS of 45ish, which meant that the mobs would go down FAST! Ohh, pulling drolwarg ragers with the fire pet, I remember it as it was yesterday.

Pet classes where really hard, not very popular in groups, and not that impressive. But very challenging, and to survive with a pet, let alone get XP, was a win. . That is the classic EQ experience.

Ahh, young people nowadays... Stop whining :-D (lovingly said)

You play on progression server, this is how it was in the old days.