Glaring issues on Zek...where are the GM's!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zekitup, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Zekitup New Member

There are numerous issues with Zek's pvp system. While I understand the server is lacking and DB probably has other projects to tackle, perhaps a small amount of time spent on Zek is in order for those in charge! You were there when everyone moaned about shroud changes...you were there when we asked to end pvp in instances..please be there now.

To list all of the problems Zek is currently facing would take far too much time so I will go into the ones that are obvious and are causing the most issues.

1. Mage pets need to be put on line of sight for pvp.
    When you can bury yourself up on a roof, two floors down, and send a pet on anyone trying to traverse a zone...something is very wrong. I mean these mages are completely out of pvp reach and are risking NOTHING. All they are doing is causing massive amounts of trains and Ksing the mobs with their pet. This is beyond annoying and gives mages and extreme advantage in every dungeon on Zek.

2. Shadowknight burns need to be addressed.
    NO class should be able to DA all the way up to another player, drop there DA and then push one button causing the other person to die instantly. This is beyond OP. If do not also have DA..you wont survive a SK burn even fully runed. For the love of Tunare...TONE IT DOWN.

3. Ranger snare in PvP is ridiculous.
    They already have heals, roots, leaps, weaponshield, and eyes to grab targets of those using shroud...do they REALLY need a perma "keep at bay" spell for any melee?? Ranger snare in pvp either needs a longer refresh, removed entirely, or it needs to fail much, much more often.

4. This is by far the most important.
    Hackers and exploiters are rampant on Zek. When the shroud was changed for a small amount of time we FINALLY had a way to weed some of these hackers out which led to more than a couple suspensions. The good news however is (not really) now that shroud is fixed everyone is back to rampantly pulling targets, warping and using map hacks to find locations of others...and we no longer have a way to catch them. The same hacks before are hacking it up now with zero worries as DB seems to have zero motivation to stop these 3rd party program users.

Seriously....all you have to do is spend a few hours on Zek and be in pvp range. Park yourself in a zone stare at the ground (avoid bind sight) and see how long it takes for a non tracking PC to hunt you down. You can be in a huuuuge zone and they will be there in under a minute. You can then run around shrouded in line of sight to PC's who don't use eyes and wait for them to pull your target even though a clicky is never used and your helm is off(avoid light source).

Please GM's for the good of everyone on Zek...take a little time to do your own investigating...I promise it wont take you long to catch the rampant hackers.
  2. Wizdons Augur

Not going to read all of that.. zek is dead. Dbg is hardly staffed to deal with PvE stuff along side TLP.

PvP is junk in eq. Always has been always will be. I dont want or think time should be spent on it anymore. Frankly not enough staff to go around to deal with it.

Die Hard PvP folk realy should hang it up. No offence but trying to squeeze blood from a turnip.
    Yi Min and Connundrum like this.
  3. Claritydealer Journeyman

Zek is dead. If you want PVP you'll need to look at other upcoming MMOs.
    Yi Min likes this.
  4. puppypaws New Member

Can we please get free transfers off of zek.
  5. YellowBelly Augur

They should just shut it down.
  6. Critts Augur

Sounds like the same issues they where haveing when I left in HoT. While I would like to see Zek balanced and regulated there are glaring balance issues in PvE as well as some of the highest population servers not being stable enough to raid on. If those issues can't be fixed the game will not make it very much longer.
  7. Kajira Journeyman

Zek is the island the kids in Lord of the Flies landed on. Get off while you still can. As others said EQ PvP was always a broken paradigm. It always attracted the psychos and griefers in the game. DBG isn't going to worry a bit about class PvP imbalance.
    Yi Min and Nennius like this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Love The Lord of the Flies reference.
  9. Imak Augur

PvP wasn't always broken; it became broken to monstrous extent when PoP launched and resists skyrocketed (among other pvp detriments). Later, SOE merged all the existing pvp servers into the horrific Zek abomination and simultaneously, and most vigorously, washed their hands of the entire notion of pvp. Its been just about as broken as it can be ever since.

Years 1999-2002 were glorious. PvP was phenomenal, then.
    Zekitup likes this.
  10. bazinga Elder

Pvp server is in the same boat (or waiting at the docks, waiting for the boat) as all others..... unless PvP turned into a progression server where all the focus is at.
    Zekitup likes this.
  11. Zekitup New Member

You hit the nail on the head. PvP wasn't always so broken and when you hear veteran players talk about EQ you will be hard pressed not to hear about some epic battles from that time.

For all of you saying Zek is dead or nobodies got time for pvp..The same could be probably be said for a good share of the blue servers. My point being...you guys have gotten what...3, 4 blue progression type servers? Is it really too much to ask for them to take some of that wasted effort and redirect a small portion of it to fixing a few simple mechanics for the pvp server that DB provides? At the very least...if DB truly has no care or time address these issues they should in fact allow free transfers off of the server.

On a side note I would trade Zek for a progression pvp server any day of the week.
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

This would be the greatest thing EVER.
    Not to actually play on obviously but for everyone else to feast on the forum drama, bonus points for adding the Sullon Zek ruleset.