Misc question - full screen exit?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Asus, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Asus New Member

What's the best way to close EQ at full screen when you get disconnected due to a server down etc? On my Windows 10 box, I am locked on the "You have been disconnected" black screen. I can't seem to close or exit that unless I reboot or sign out of Windows. Is there a better way?
  2. nemotech Lorekeeper

you could always start task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and select eqgame.exe iirc and kill the process (r.click the process you wish to end, and select end process or end process tree)
  3. Asus New Member

task manager does not come to the front. nothing seems to defeat the black screen :(
  4. nemotech Lorekeeper

try Alt+enter to window eq then Ctrl+Alt+Del. i think it will eventually if you rinse repeat Ctrl+Alt+Del, the you have been disconnected does eventually go away, it takes a bit. usually about the same amount of time it takes for me to not be pissed anymore, lulz
  5. Rhaage Augur

or... I think it's alt + esc...
  6. Thash Zoner

Ctrl + shift + esc has always worked for me, it just brings up the task manager directly. EQ's never made me stab the power button for 4 seconds.
  7. Asus New Member

Thanks, I'll try some of the suggestions out where the server crashes again in the next few days.