Mana of the Sarnak Compressor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alundis, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Alundis New Member

Does anyone know what to do with this one-slot container? I have no idea what to put in it.

My reading of the lore suggests that it is meant to provide a means for non-tradeskill characters to complete the Kor-Sha progression. However, the item has a low trivial of 102. (It shows up on the list of tradeskill items unlike the Mana of the Sarnak itself and the Cloudy Brown Liquid.)
  2. Durew Journeyman

3. Brudal Augur

How does one put 8 items in a 1 slot container?

4. anniedammit New Member

Also wondering what goes in the 1-slot container.............. anyone?
  5. Thunderkiks Augur

Tried putting everything in the one slot container that was in the original recipe and nothing worked. Wanting to get progression finished for my crew I decided rather than wait for an answer I would just skill up my two non tradeskilling toons blacksmithing for the regular combine. So I have an extra container for whenever the secret is revealed or whatever might be broken to be fixed.
  6. Kravn Augur

Bump. Nothing used thusfar in the task is usable inside the container... Zero hints that I can see anywhere within the task either. Metallurgy of souls just says how to make it... nothing about how to use it.

Any chance the devs can give a hint on this? Is there another item that possibly isn't dropping yet?
  7. Gialana Augur

I don't expect it will work, but has anyone tried combining the container in a tradeskill container, such as a forge?
  8. svann Augur

9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Eqresources has bad info on their quest write-up, causing people to want to use the Compressor when they don't need to.

Tip 1: The final combine for Mana of the Sarnak was trivial to my druid at 178 smithing skill, NOT "Trivial > 300" as eqresources lists it.

Tip 2: All of the subcombines can be done by somebody else and traded. So any toon doing the task needs, at most, smithing skill of 178 (probably lower). Smithing to 178 will take less time than finding any of the ingredients :)

Tip 3: If you really don't want to worry about any tradeskills, like me, just buy the damn potion from the marketplace.
  10. segap Augur

That does ease the pain somewhat. Where I stand, however, is that the creep of tradeskills in to progression should not have happened. I know I'm not alone in having a complete disdain for tradeskills. They're a niche thing. Some people love them. Many more hate them. They shouldn't be forced in to other aspects of the game.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You are absolutely not alone. I find them insulting, for the most part. :)
    Sancus likes this.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I can confirm a few more recipes that DON'T work (also check the beta thread for more experiments):
    • All of the 8 ingredients a second time (after completing the task) = poof. Was hoping to get an item to put in the compressor.
    • All of the improved 8 ingredients + Sarnak Mana Compressor in a forge = Cannot combine ingredients.
    • All of the improved 8 ingredients + Sarnak Mana Compressor + Vial of Viscous Mana in a forge = Cannot combine ingredients.
  13. Kravn Augur

So what is the Mana of the Sarnak Compressor for then? and why is it mentioned in the Metallurgy book if its not intended to be used? I would still like to find out how its used as I really don't want to work on tradeskills on alts.
  14. Bamkan Augur

Did you try all 8 original ingredients + the compressor in a forge?

When you do the quest the first time, the first fail with all 8 original ingredients gives the message along the lines of "it couldn't hold and explodes with .....". , which would seem to indicate that something "a compressor" might be required.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I can't confirm that. Unfortunately, I was a little pissed when I did my original tests. Here's my quote from the beta thread:

But which ingredients did I use? The test I did this morning was definitely with the "improved" (combined with Viscous Mana) ingredients.

Another thing I haven't tried, because it's such a stretch and I don't want to waste any more ingredients, is to do the combine while having the Mana Compressor in a top level inventory slot. It's not equipable anywhere else, and I don't think you can do any combines with something in your hand. A stretch, for sure.

Perhaps there is a way to do the combine with a trade window open with the recipient toon? Another stretch.
  16. Kravn Augur

17. Yendar Augur

Had this problem also, I'm pretty sure they just made the container the wrong size & will have to wait for them to fix it before its useable.

I had to train my 4 toons smithing in order to finish progression.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It looks like there may be a bug here. I'll look into it and get back to you.
    ---
    That was quick... yeah. Definitely a bug.
    It is intended that you put the 8 items in that container, but somewhere along the way the container size was altered and we missed the change.
  19. Wizdons Augur

so another patch or hotfix?
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Loving that you see/acknowledge this. Much thanks! Far too late to help a lot of us.

I'm disappointed that it took almost 3 weeks and multiple threads (including the beta thread specifically for this task) to get any response. I feel like more than a bit of an /tool for all the real $ (tradeskill potions) and time I wasted on something that somebody could have responded to 3 weeks ago.

This is obviously not directed at you, Ngreth, but rather at the organization that will take players' money, ask those players to help them test their new product, and then ignore the input from the players while the players struggle. These forums are not very busy, certainly not too busy to read and respond to the support posts and the threads where you specifically ask for input. It is frustrating that the organization won't participate in their game's forums more regularly/consistently.