Halfling XP Bonus and AA

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bewts, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Bewts Augur

Does the Halfling XP bonus apply to AA?

I've heard conflicting answers and it's been a long time since it mattered.

I recall someone mentioning if you put 99 or 98% into AA, you'd get like 102 or 103% compared to simply putting 100% into AA.
  2. Ducreux Augur

It 100% does not work for AA, neither does being a rogue/warrior. And yes I tested with AA xp at both 100% and 97% using the /alt on command.

Source: Quarm server science.
  3. Bewts Augur

I'm not following the 97% math. Can you Science more for me? Why 97%?
  4. Gialana Augur

How do you put 99% or 98% into AA? With the default UI, at least, I can only get increments of 10%, so 80% and 90% are possible, but not 99% or 98%.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

On the Mac (Al'Kabor) server you had to set the AA exp to 99%, and it got weird ending up giving you an extra 4% above everyone else. Dunno if that was just old 2003 code or if it still works here. But who cares, halfling is a horrible race.

The command is: /alt on 99
    moogs and Gialana like this.
  6. Bewts Augur

Based on that premise, is our local Quarm Scientist using the wrong parameters? 1.05 x 97 is 101.85% and may need a larger control to observe the difference more accurately?

I remember Zamiel on AK spending hours measuring AA rates at different levels by counting mobs required per AA. Using only a few kills may not capture the small % difference using the Halfling hack. Particularly as EQ uses funny math to round.
  7. Moggman Elder

i've heard atleast reports from 2 different people who race changed to 1/2ling for exp bonus when luclin opened and they werent getting aa's faster than i was while in the same group for the 1st 100 hrs or so of luclin
  8. jeskola pheerie

Dead Halfling Society of the Lockjaw server is recruiting. deadhalflingsociety.com

On topic.
    Bewts likes this.
  9. Bewts Augur

Anecdotal. DO U SCIENCE BRO?

I agree, conflicting reports.
  10. Ducreux Augur

Doesn't work, but Quarm is still open and you can test it at 51 all you guys want. Go kill 10-15 White cons as both a halfling at 99% and a standard race and they will have the exact same AAs and AA %.