Class Suggestions for Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnog, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Gnog Elder

Hi Phinigel Server,

Having come to the realization that EQ remains the best MMO I've ever played, I've decided to return (last played in 2001 or so) and play on the Phinigel server. As I get started, I'd appreciate your thoughts on what class to roll.

I most enjoyed the enchanter class when I played. If I roll an enchanter on Phinigel, (1) in the next few months, before PoP opens, will I be able to find groups for leveling? and (2) what is the likely guild/group demand for a max level enchanter class when PoP opens?

I also enjoyed the monk class when I played. How would that class fare in terms of #1 and #2 above?

Finally, other than the enchanter, monk, and cleric, are there any classes that are in particularly high demand either (1) for leveling groups, or (2) for max-level raiding? (I played a Cleric through Kunark, and I can't go back to that.)

Your insights here would be much appreciated. I'm basically looking to choose a class that gives me the best chances of finding groups throughout the leveling and raiding stages, with a heavy thumb on the scales of enchanter and monk.
  2. Ducreux Augur

Enchanter if you want easy group invites and difficulty finding employment/use in a raid, aoe grinding is super popular right now and it seems like every group wants 1-2 enchanters for enough stun lockdown. Monk is great for both grouping and raiding, groups will probably expect that you know how to pull moderately well, but you can get away with next to no pulling ability in a raid as it seems like half the monks on the server already don't know how.

Clerics are always in demand in every aspect of the game but don't play something you won't want to stick with. Warriors are an oddity, there's always either way too many or not nearly enough. You might find groups super easy to get one week then the next week nada, the same with raiding where you might be in a 3 warrior rotation or a 10, and being Warrior #10 in a raid is almost the most boring position in the game.

;tldr go Monk, or honestly even Beastlord as for whatever reason it seems like this might be the first server I've played on where beastlords aren't running around everywhere.
    Happyfeet GOML likes this.
  3. Banecrow Elder

My suggestion to you would go to a few of the high end guild websites and see what is being recruited right now. That might give you an idea on what classes are needed on the server.
    Finchy likes this.
  4. Coach_Kegadin Augur

Enchanters are the most powerful group content class hands down and remain that way through PoP. Play an enchanter.