Test Server unavailable for over 44 hours now

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stonne, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Stonne New Member

I normally do not like to be negative but I worked in IT for 30 + years and this situation does not look very professional. I find it very difficult to believe that a server that is open to the public is not monitored for problems. I would have lost my job if I did not take proper steps to monitor these types of servers. In these times, the process is not complicated at all.

I believe that characters that were logged into the Test server early on Saturday and did not log off are fine. However, from around 3:00 pm Eastern on Saturday the test server has not been available in the list of choices after login.

A simple automated alarm is usually set up to monitor network access to public servers. If correction of the problem cannot take place quickly, then automated or manual messages typically go out to inform people of the basic situation.

I understand that the test server is not a priority and typically may not get any service over a weekend. I also understand that issues with the live servers may be consuming all the time of support staff.

What I do expect is some type of acknowledgement that there is an issue. A notice (automated or manual) should have been posted somewhere to let people know that there is a problem with access to the test server. It currently looks as if no one at Daybreak knows of the issue and that is what I find unprofessional.
  2. Holyfires Elder

stonne there is a issue with test if you have been around awhile like you have stated then you should remember that if test is not updated to main system that the characters that are copied will vanish . The xml they use for copies degrades after 24 hours and you might have to recopy said toons backup.Golbal chat being down means the system has an issue with global coding IE mail chat server side chat and so on. With that being said we will have to wait and see what happens who knows maybe its a purge .
  3. natend32 New Member

I work in IT as well and agree 100% with Stonne. This is past the realm of ridiculous and on the verge of insane at this point. We have monitors setup on every server that alert us the second a server goes down or is unavailable, even on our non-production servers. There is literally no excuse for a production level server to be unavailable for this long, test or otherwise.
  4. Holyfires Elder

Look having warning lights bells and whistles don't help if there isn't anyone on to answer it . They have warning systems in play just like everyone else but remember they took over from SOE so they are short staffed . So complaining about it doesn't matter .
  5. Stonne New Member

Some of you are misunderstanding my post. I know that the problems will likely take time to correct and I am not complaining about that at all.
    What I was expecting is some kind of acknowledgement that they know there is a problem.
    Busy or not, it takes less than a minute to post a simple notice. In many cases, the notice is automated and does not require a human to do anything.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. natend32 New Member

If what your saying is true, why even have them then? There's no point in being alerted of a problem if no one is going to take care of said problem.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Shmoozy New Member

The order EoK button , on the other hand , works just fine...