PvP needs to change ~

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zalkor, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Wizdons Augur

waste of time. PvP has always been a side show. Now with extremely limited dev time its just time for it to fade off into the sunset. Focus whatever limited time on PvE.
  2. shiftie Augur

If the devs wanted to save time. They'd eliminate safe zones. Pvp in all zones, no guildhall, no lobby etc and allow those that insta gib and gate to land in harms way. Remove instant gates as well. Other than that there is no way to reasonably balance all of the damage and damage absorb abilities against things like snares and 100000% accuracy abilities that have creeped into pve over the last decade or more.
  3. Gator35 Journeyman

70% less damage to pvp targets across the board. Its an easy fix/coding issue. Thats what would fix pvp.
  4. Gator35 Journeyman

But yea, no one within Sony/DBZ has cared about pvp for decades, and it won't change.
  5. Caster Lorekeeper

So, people needed to be at 40%, before you could burn them? So, there was 60% of their life that needed to be removed? So, you didn't insta-kill? No need to kid, also no need to inaccurately attempt to justify an erroneous point.

Anyway, my original statement remains the same - arena duels do not equate to Zek PvP.
  6. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Just to clear up:

1. There are two active guilds on Zek at max level, one raiding regularly (Wudan), and one raiding sporadically (Retaliation). There's also a third guild that's active, with people in it leveling up/getting group gear (Elven Guard).

2. Burst DPS now is a thousand times worse in terms of its ability to make skill irrelevant in PvP. You can't compare it to past eras. You literally have people leveling up SK boxes to just park in safe zones and rotate in while they wait for their other SKs' burns to refresh.

3. Depending on the classes and how smart you are with DAs, you can still duel effectively. I pretty soundly beat a warrior with a bard in an arena duel, but I had to get lucky timing my DAs, and I had to burn 120 (yes, 120) murky vials (insta-click shadow step).

4. PvP is not all banner ganking. A handful of zones in current content are regularly contested by Wudan and Retaliation. That's the PvP that could be genuinely great if burst DPS wasn't such a mess.
  7. Zalkor New Member

As i said this does not concern a lot of you. So all of you that play on the blue servers your input doesnt matter. This post is for the people of zek and the Devs. Also Gator you are right, it is an easy fix.
  8. fransisco Augur

Back in luclin, I remember sony announcing that the current pvp fixes they were making would be the last.
    They said that in order for pvp to really work, they would need to balance every class spell/ability against every other classes spells/abilities as they upgraded. They said that just wasn't going to happen. So what you have for pvp is all there ever will be.
    Essentially stating they are abandoning all pvp.
    The amount of time it would take to make pvp balanced is staggering.
    Besides, people dream about those few fun fights they've had pvp, but 99% of it was always just ganking - which is only fun for the ganker.
    No one shows up because they don't like getting ganked. That will never change. PvP is mostly just video game trolling
  9. Wizdons Augur

any hour spend on PVP is an hour less on PVE so it concerns everyone.
  10. fransisco Augur

exactly. Dev time spent on the lowest pop server instead of all the live servers effects everyone. Mostly in a negative way
  11. Warpeace Augur

You want PvP fixed look for a different game? I just don't see how EQ could possibly even come close to balancing things for realistic PvP. PvP has been horribly broken in EQ for almost ever. Your asking for every piece of Gear, Spell, Ability and Class to be re written to make pvp work for crap to even start.
  12. Gator35 Journeyman

PvP balance is a fantasy in any game. Its not a question of "balance", but that of not being so overwhelmingly unbalanced to the point of nausea.
  13. Zalkor New Member

It's not that i want it to be balanced so to say, just put a damage reduction on players..... As in you do the same amount of damage to mobs you normally do, but then when you start pvping its like a 50% damage reduction to other players......
  14. Gator35 Journeyman

Right. 70% damage reduction across the board for pvp would be perfect.
  15. Zalkor New Member

It really would be...... It's an easy fix and it keeps Zek alive.....
  16. Gator35 Journeyman

It won't happen though. My advice would be stop devoting money and time to a game that doesn't care.
  17. Zalkor New Member

We can only hope..... I will always play this game... Love it only game I can do nothing and still be more fun than playing other games x)