Server status and expansion release

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Havepint, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Havepint Journeyman

So it seems during peek times the servers start lagging and crashing, including the login server. Am I the only one seeing an issue when expansion is released? I have a feeling it is going to be a nightmare.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Things have seemed to get a bit better but still some issues on weekends when online numbers are high. But I agree I think people need to be prepared for anything and definitely not worth taking a day off for expansion launch. Best to see how things go first before hand.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Better? Servers have crashed EVERY DAY for the past week. How is that better?!
    FarkenHostile likes this.
  4. FarkenHostile New Member

Why lower lockout timers when you cant even keep the servers up? that was a big bust.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Two servers crashed tonight so far... definitely getting better?
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

On the other hand if they only ran bonus events when things were running perfectly how often would that be? :)
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

In game lag has been much better for me... and crashing on zoning has been much better for me. I have no problem calling Daybreak on things that is why I had a seven day vacation :) But some things HAVE gotten better for me at least.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

For sure, crashing is pretty much gone. Awesome fix. Since the last patch, entire servers are crashing every night. Not so great.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

But as I say no more crashes on zoning and lag in game is better. Your turn. :)
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd rather crash on zoning than have the server crashes.
  11. Havepint Journeyman

I think the only reason it seems better at the moment is because a lot of the players that would be playing on the live servers on peek times are split between live servers and beta. I still have seen the server crash both times the last two times my guild decided to raid live instead of beta. Both times we had just completed an event and the chest popped, we got lockouts and then the server crashed (so no loot).

The login server also suffers during peek times with so many players logging in.

I made this thread not to argue or not to even complain. I was hoping on a staff response recognizing the issue and giving an update. If they were not aware of the impending problem then let the thread shed awareness. It is a problem. Hoping for the best will not work. I truly think many players will be lost if nothing is done.
  12. AlmarsGuides Augur

I kinda of concur here, it seems like the server crash because there's too many people playing (lets all blame phinnies popularity)

This seems like it's going to be the biggest X-pac since RoF (popularity wise). Restarting my traders each night is going to be not very fun for me
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

Also speculating that people are returning in quite big numbers, causing strain on servers.