Lockjaw = Dead

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by James, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Augur

DBG's folks ..... do you plan to EVER look at Lockjaw? (Can't talk about Ragefire since I don't play their so I will stick to Lockjaw and what I know) I mean seriously guys, do we just plan to leave Lockjaw sitting there with 100 people on it forever? YOU PEOPLE did this to Lockjaw to start with when you released Phinigel, you destroyed the playerbase on Lockjaw.

I've heard the argument from the power guilds about how merging Lockjaw and Ragefire kills raiding etc etc etc. I doubt it but whatever, I just want to know is ANYTHING ever going to be looked at concerning this? Just because you give Phinigel everything that want does not mean you can at least try to help us over here. Our subs are JUST AS GOOD as Phinigel players subs those who remain on Lockjaw do not want 3 month progression, we want it like we have it so please come help us in some way, shape or form.
    Torezz likes this.
  2. Tudadar Augur

Seems they dont really want to deal with it :p It looks like the double server launch is a mistake that will never happen again ( just like voting lol ) Id personally recommend that people save up 2250 SC and not go under that amount for a just in case scenario.

Im hoping for a LJ / RF merge and a new progression server in June - august range 2017 so time will tell. A combined LJ+RF actually has a pretty nice amount of subbed *accounts* so i'm sure theyll make the right decision in the next 12 months.
  3. snailish Augur

If there is one happy raiding guild on Lockjaw, that arguably makes the case to keep it running (if that is enough subs to justify it... which it may be).

Consider Vulak... I played there off an on. It got rather dead. It's been stuck in SoD for some time. It now appears to have a raiding guild going again, not sure if they intend to push the unlocks, but they are paying to play there. Vulak still existing as a separate server is not a good precedent if you are waiting out Lockjaw free-merging into Ragefire.

This comes up a lot (another TLP)... I highly doubt a new one comes along before the slowest of the current 3 is past at least OoW. Unhappy with low population... go to Phinny. Unhappy with slow XP/fast unlocks but want some raiding options.... go to Ragefire. Want lots of room to solo and unhappy with slow XP/fast unlocks... go to Lockjaw.

As far as "multiple server launch" at the same time. With the Phinny capacity now proven to work... there is no reason to launch two servers of the same ruleset at the same time again. I think an honest person would suggest the voting unlock aspect has not been worth the trouble either. Just set timeframes.

As said before, they could easily launch Phinny 2.0 (probably when 1.0 is much closer to live than classic) and run that cycle over and over.

Also as said before, I believe they could launch Sleeper/Combine 2.0 (racing unlocks that next expac is 3 weeks after you beat the required content of previous content) in a perpetual cycle each time such a server catches up to live. A different kind of player likes this ruleset, and I believe they would repeatedly push the race to live. So this server could launch the same time as Phinny 2.0 (or whatever)... different audiences.
  4. Donutsz12 Elder

I played on Lockjaw for awhile but yeah I moved on. That is the problem is they keep creating new servers to run through the same content over and over again and just adding 1 more expansion to the mix. Its a good hype for awhile but it will not be a stable server with the same player base for a long period of time. If your looking for the same playerbase then move to live servers and not tlp.
  5. Zool Elder

LJ was created cuz of high population on RF. Now us a good time to merge them since both will hit Luclin.
    Later on the exp might diff more. I dont get it why they dont merge now. Just stupid not to.
  6. Maybach99 New Member

The whole "You love little brother now that hes born more than middle brother" argument only holds so much weight when Little Brother server is crashing 4 times a week, triggering lockouts for guilds who didnt raid the zone and raid bosses dropping nothing. TLP are on the backburner for the new expansion, somehow the majority of people have refused to accept it.
    This to me is why Blizzard said they aren't even gonna dust the shelf of Legacy servers until they re 100% done developing new content for WoW, a dev on a forum said (to the effect of) "it'd be insane to try and do both"
  7. Progress Augur

The same thing happened on Vulak and nothing was done until the server was empty.
  8. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

A server that is still progressing is not dead. Lockjaw players always have an option to forward transfer to Ragefire as well. On Fippy, we had a constant stream of people (and guilds) transfer over from Vulak. You guys will be fine if you keep progressing.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

Is that a paid transfer? If so, $25 for an automated process transfer is robbery. Moreso since it would be per character.
  10. Tudadar Augur

Its like 2250 sc. 1250ish if people buy during a SC discount. People just need to save the free 500 monthly SC and not waste it on xp potions.
  11. James Augur

2250sc for what kinda transfer?
  12. Gremin Augur

Hard to state a server is dead when you have 6 guilds raiding current content every week. If you feel the server is dead, have you looked into a guild? Do you have general channel turned on? Do you use /who to see who is where on the server?

DHS alone has 16 people in the pipeline levelling currently to 55(min level to raid with us). Our lowest one is 24, and we have a few levelling boxes in Unrest currently.

As far as merge goes we have Sleeper alive and kicking..so seriously doubt they will merge while we have Sleeper and Ragefire does not. To my knowledge the 3 guilds in Sleeper currently have no intentions to wake him either until closer to PoP when ST 2.0 opens.
  13. Dral Elder

I have been told several times that the sleeper will be woken prior to Luclin release. I actually think the wake date should be announced to the server rather than discussed behind close doors. There are a few other guilds that have been keying for ST and it is not fair to them that an official date has not been stated. As of the last discussion I had, it was supposed to be woken around the 11th of November.

After the release of Luclin, with the addition of AAs, Nanzata the Warder could be killed with two groups. The reason I was given for waking the sleeper on an official date was so that all guilds could experience the waking together, rather than have a stealth group of people walk in and kill off the 4th wader which is always left up.

As player power increases, this becomes more of a possibility.
  14. Gremin Augur

Glad to see communication amongst all giilds in the rotation is alive and kicking /sarcasm off
  15. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

We had entire guilds transfer over to Fippy from Vulak, they all paid - in some scenarios, for upwards of 6-12 boxes. I don't see why there would be an exception here - especially since Ragefire and Lockjaw had an opportunity for free transfers between the servers.

People get free DB cash monthly anyways, that's a bit over 4 months of DB cash.
  16. AlmarsGuides Augur

Honestly Lockjaw is healthier than most people think. I logged on hoping the server was dead that way i could enjoy the game without people up my ....

Well, no, server isn't dead. Enough people play there for people to be camping epic mobs/camps even at 3 - 5am on a week day.
  17. Nolrog Augur

Not only that, Almar, but the OP ignores the fact that LJ has been in Velious for a long long time and people have done most of what they wanted to. Once Luclin opens, you will see people come flooding back to play again.
  18. bodes Augur

Epic weapons are still powerful in Velious and will remain quite powerful on Lockjaw if the Luclin vote fails.
  19. Silinius Augur

Again, there was discussion about whether to wake the sleeper but we (FI) still have a ton of folks that would still like items. Since the quest stuff doesn't actually populate until Plane of Power, there is no reason to wake The Sleeper at this point. He remains asleep unless someone else decides to piss off the entire server and wake him.... but that isn't going to be Faceless Insanity and I'd expect that our ally's in the rotation would abide by that decision.
  20. Panadin New Member

Old school vallon, Whats up :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.