Returning

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Janacek, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Janacek New Member

Hail!
    I'm returning to EQ after years away. Originally I played a Cleric and loved it!
    I would like to return to Zek, as Pvp is a fun game twist, and am wondering:
    What are two or three classes that would help the Zek server community the most?
    Are there any classes that are just not viable for solo survival in the current Zek environment for a returner?
    Thanks in advance. I am very happy to see EQ is still alive and thriving, and that there is a passionate player base. Looking forward to meeting many of you.
    Good journey
  2. Dermel New Member

As someone who started playing on Rallos Zek as a cleric, I feel your pain and desire to return and engage in the same environment. With that said, let me save you some time: It's not the same environment.

Zek has a handful of PVPers. Old-school PVP - (a group of people smashing faces and healing each other, nuking, blasting, mezzing and blinding) - that doesn't happen anymore. PVP on Zek is essentially "waiting in a non-pvp zone til burns are up, zone in and hotkey someone, then talk trash in General chat for 30 mins til they pop again". The normal PKing of you while you quest, xp, grind, still happens - the handful of PVPers have multiple toons and hunt the zones looking for boxers to kill.

As for PVE, there's a smattering of it around. Two raiding guilds, most of it full of people two boxing.

There's more to add, but this might get you in the right mindframe. IMO, go back to a blue server first. Gearing up is easier there, the community is better, the people are better. If you desire to transfer after you get gear, /servertransfer to Zek is free.
  3. Wolffien New Member

go to Xegony server. 4 of the games best raiding guilds and tons of social guilds