DO NOT TAKE DOWN THE SERVER DURING PRIMETIME

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Squints, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squints Journeyman

This is getting ridiculous. Two nights in a row youre going to set guillds with a full duration lockout because of your server issues?! This has to stop.

We are 20 minutes into our SSRA raid. When we log in all of our lockouts need to be cleared for every single player on Phinigel. We have already lost a week in vex thal because of the wraiths being on the trash lock out. Now we will lose our Emperor that finished our keys for Vex Thal. I know we are behind the pack and I know this is affecting more than Sad Dragons.

Stop doing this to your paying players.
  2. Gremin Augur

Yup just formed up in Kael for ours.
  3. MabbuPhinny Augur

They replied to several petitions and said they can't clear lockouts due to a "bug".

Really a Bug, or lazy?

YOU DECIDE!
  4. Kegwell Lurker since '99

total fail lol
  5. Kronko Elder

6. Kegwell Lurker since '99

they CAN clear lockouts, there IS a script for it
    look on beta ...
  7. Trackanon Elder

Kegwell! I remember you from PoP era MS raiding. Where are you playing now?
  8. Joesnellenberge Journeyman

Reset all instances. Please. Just a blanket reset.
  9. vardune Augur

they are fixing the guild villages, whatever a guild village is.
  10. LoyalBard New Member

And here we are on Lockjaw, just raiding all night.
  11. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Though I understand the frustration, people never will be happy with things.

I'd rather them fix something than leave it alone, broken. Though it doesn't make sense why they took down the TLP servers. Meh.
  12. Gromph Elder

uhh, there are 3-4 different prime times buddy depending on geographical location.
  13. bodes Augur

State of Lockjaw explained by a single picture:

[IMG]
    Tudadar likes this.
  14. Zanarnar Augur

The larger issue is, once again, a communication failure. They knew about this issue for hours; the servers didn't crash they were taken down in an orderly manner. Why then did we only get 25 minute notice? Why wasn't there an updated login message warning us not to create instances as there were plans to down the servers to resolve this LIVE issue. (as it had no effect on most TLP servers)

Ontop of that, WHY WERN'T INSTANCE LOCKOUTS CRATED WITHIN THE ROLLBACK PERIOD WIPED CLEAN? (probably the rollback period +30 minutes to be sure) AT this point I'd be willing to write the code for you if you share the pertinent information. It shouldn't even be that difficult if the lockouts are stored in a sane manner.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The servers were brought down as soon as it was deemed necessary, with a short countdown due to the severity of the issue. We definitely understand how frustrating midday downtimes are, and worked to get them down and back up as quickly as possible.
    bodes likes this.
  16. Zanarnar Augur

The "has to go down right now!!" is understandable. The not fixing lockouts you just stuck the server with is not. I saw posts about this issue for hours before the servers went down. There was a gap of 2hrs 42min between the "we are looking into this problem" post you made; and RadarX posting that they were working on the plan to fix this. Somewhere between those points you knew this was a big issue.

IF you even THOUGHT it might happen Phini should have been given a heads up so it would be up to US to risk out lockouts. This was the second day in a row for people on Phini to get stuck with lockouts for instances they just spawned. We'd like to enjoy the reduced lockout timers too; but at this point who's going to spawn one tonight and risk losing it to yet another server down?
  17. Karhar Dream Crusher

How can they think ahead and warn us of an issue that they didnt know about til it was too late? How are they supposed to fix code in the guild system that caused this massive amount of frustration to many other servers including my live server and my live guild that I need to fix for many many people without bringing ALL of the servers including TLP servers down. I play on TLP also, and it put a damper in my raids here too. I'd like you to log in one day to having your entire guild disappear.
  18. Astley Augur

I think he's meaning that once they realized they would need to take the servers down... there should have been some type of announcement made at THAT point. Not waiting until 25min before the servers were brought down.

I think we all understand that an issue like this that screwed up guilds on all the live servers was serious and NEEDED to be fixed ASAP. But based on his numbers, there was more than a half-hour notice that the servers were goofed. If they knew it was going to require a patch to address, say 2-3 hours before the servers were brought down... then send out in-game broadcasts to all servers then. Change the patcher login to give an announcement that servers would be brought down within a few hours, and take a few more steps to notify players of the upcoming disruption.
    Zanarnar likes this.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That is what happened. It took some time to identify the issue and make that call.

We dug into what might be possible with lockouts, but there isn't a fair or feasible solution right now.
  20. Squints Journeyman

If it's possible just reset the entire server's lockouts. I honestly don't care what the other 20+ raiding guilds do for their loot. The challenge isn't there anymore. Difficulty is skewed. What matters to a considerable chunk of your phinigel population is the experience. The server races are all done. Let us raid. I have a guild chock full of people that work and raise families that have come together to farm shards and emp keys and moved their schedules around so we could get our third kill and second set of rifts (thanks wraith trash mobs) so that we can go to vex thal as a guild.

I'm ok with the other guilds splitting the hell out of expeditions for the second time this week or whatever. What I'm not ok with is my guild constantly fighting against buggy servers and crappy lockouts that we don't deserve.

Clear the server lockouts. Let everyone have a field day and be happy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.