Good missions to bank AA?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Metanis Bad Company

I've been max AA for so long I have about zero recollection which missions from TBM, TDS, etc. were good for a lot of AA. What will be the best way to bank some in addition to the 105 we can save?
  2. Beneden Lorekeeper

Finishing collection achievements gives you 11 AA''s that you can save the reward for.
    Metanis likes this.
  3. Critts Augur

I think they have pretty much edged this style of AA banking out. I think TBM missions give like two AAs per while TDS gives around the same. Devs did not like people selling task adds for exp so they put an end to the old banking of missions and task. You could start a new toon and do all the progression in CotF TDS and TBM as well as RoF leavening out the last hail, kill, hand in, etc before you earn the individual Achivment rewards. Once you have all that done max the new toon out and wait for EoK to go live then go complet each undone achivment. (At this point it's easier just to earn AAs after EoK goes live). The best way has already been mentioned in collecting shinies and saving them until EoK goes live. Sadly this can only be done in bulk once on any given character and a run on the market would make finishing them nearly impossable at this point.
  4. Ryanxp Augur

a dh ha gives roughly 30 (subbed)
  5. Wizdons Augur

Banking really wont matter. AA counts are going up 10k+ so the time you save banking relative to the total number of AA you will need will mean squat.
    moogs likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

There's ~10k available AA, sure, but you can get a lot of the high value AAs in the first 1k or so. Being able to hit the ground running with the top AA for your class in EoK will be pretty impactful, and gives a secondary benefit to finally doing those collection quests!
  7. Kravitz Augur

This is what I did last time to go from level 100 to 105, when TDS came out.

1)Bound and parked myself before expansion went live in Freeport.
    2)Servers unlocked, killed myself till I deleveled to level 95 (you need to do this in 10 mins or less as your corpse timers are counting down from 3 hours)
    3) Had alt wizard TL to bind (wizard alt was bound in Bixie Warfront at HA quest giver)
    4) Grabbed Bixie HA (i forget the name now).
    5) Pulled up 2 wizard mercs on alt wizard account and my account, set them to AE burn stance
    6) Kept spawning the swarm drones from the flowers near zone in for next 2hours 45mins
    7) Activated Expedient Recovery

That got me to about 80% through level 103. With 10 banked missions, plus about 11 glyphs I hit level 104 and 1/10 in level. Rest of the level I had to do grinding it, so it took another 3 hours.

Roughly , 6 hours to from 100.99% to 105.00%
    Metanis and Tucoh like this.
  8. Randragon Augur

Tucoh Said:
    If it was just a few hundred aa's I would say you were right. But it is 1,000's of aa's and some of them cost between 40-100 aa's per tier. With the current cap at 105 Banked and then quests and the adv. stones you might grab few hundred more.

But I have a bunch banked and I will certainly take all I can get to start with.
  9. Gundolin Augur

Missions for TBM allow the banking, but I don't think you can bank the AAs for achievements on those missions so the number of banked AAs through TBM missions will be small.

Unless they are nerfing the CoTF missions completely I think you are still getting many more AAs by running three DH/HA's on lesson burn on the go live day, than if you spend three times the effort in trying to Bank AAs before hand.
  10. Wizdons Augur

If people are seriously still going to grind out and Gribbles i would be shocked.. I would just quit if i felt the need to sit in there for hours on end again for the 3rd year.

Really there are so many other places to go and enjoy rather than trying to get all the AA in a day.. well if you could get 500 AA a day you would still need 20days to max all of them.
    daranged likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

I'm hoping that EoK gives enough experience such that we can get through most of the AAs by the time we progress through it, and there is a good enough mission or set of missions to make gribbles obsolete.

But even if there is another AA pinata mission like Gribbles, I get the feeling we'll all be in for repeating a mundane task every day with lessons for a long time. At the very least, it's pretty fun trying to get all three Gribbles done in one lessons while three boxing.
  12. Wizdons Augur

Progression hunter collections should take all if not most of the aa
  13. Kravitz Augur

I'll goto the CotF HA rather than a TDS or TBM, the mobs have more hp, attack and strikethrough, i.e a level 105 CotF vs a level 105 TBM or EoK. I'm guessing while they have given us more power in EoK they'll also boost the power of the EoK mobs just as much. So if a player gains 10% power in EoK after all aa's and spells are done, the mobs probably got a 15% increase in power from the start of the expansion. Keep in mind you won't have that 10% power at start of the expansion till you grind out the AA's and aquire the spells.

I'd rather kill:

4 mobs in 30 secs that yield 40% exp total

vs.

1 mob that takes 30 secs to kill and yields 40% exp

Cause I know I can pull more of those less powered mobs to camp and don't have to waste as much time pulling mobs over a chunk of time.
  14. Cicelee Augur

I can only hope and pray that the EQ developers make a change to Gribble's for the amount of AA obtained sometime in early November, right before the expansion goes live.

Doing so could actually save someone's life...
  15. Ixodiacl New Member

Whaaaa! o_Oo_O:confused::confused:

Inless i'm reading this wrong, Id rather kill 1 mob for same exp / time as 4 mobs. Maybe i'm confused it is late.;)

On the topic though, With 10kish aa's coming out. I can almost bet there will be many good exp spots around! /nod. Reward Glyph i would say would be the best for banking aa's you can get a lot with glyph if you have been saving and have AA 100%. Also they have did a lot of reimbursing also that stack on top the 105! My shaman has like 225aa's (with the reimbursing) banked.
  16. Wadin Pureheart New Member

It is actually better to not bank the collection achievement stuff for this type of topic. Better to collect all the items, but save the last one to complete a set until after the expansion is released. Instead bank the missions complete that give you AAs on the win. The reason being that you can only bank 10 quest completions but you can place an unlimited last item for collection sets in the your bank and use them after you ran through your saved AAs and banked mission rewards. :)

-Wadin Pureheart of Quellious
    Huntmaster, 105 summers
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Metanis like this.
  17. Kravitz Augur

Yah you are completely missing the other half of the equation, time involved in pulling mobs, time involved in resting after combat. Try pulling 8 TBM mobs vs pulling 8 CoTF mobs. See how quickly you can riposte them down. I can tank 8 CotF mobs all day just riposte kiling, not gonna happen with TBM mobs.

I've already tested this, I get more exp per hour by pulling 90-110 mobs per hour in CotF than by pulling than pulling 30-40 mobs per hour in TBM.

Its going to be ALOT worse in EoK, assuming the increase the power and hp mobs to compensate for player power increase.
  18. Flat Toad Elder

Heh,heh...and so the cycle resumes. I translate 90% of the comments above as "gee, I sure wish there was a way to speed up my swooshing through the new Expansion in less than a month...again". Apparently, the concept of actually grinding for gain rather than gimmicky ways of "pre-loading" it is just too, too much like work. No instant gratification? Tish, tish.
    Dardo likes this.
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

Not always so.
    My usual method of dealing with a new expansion has been to grind out most of the AA first.
    THEN - I request the first task in the progression. This brings the best tools to the new workplace.
    -Rat
  20. Dardo Journeyman

Reward Glyph i would say would be the best for banking aa's you can get a lot with glyph if you have been saving and have AA 100%.

Like your post just a tip though. Setting your AA - EXP ratio to 99% - 1% (or the opposite) will give the best results. I have been told this and seems accurate in my travels. Enjoy!
  21. Hiladdar Augur

I think I know a few things about making AA.

First I hope you have been saving the last click from each collection set from TBM, and not clicking it. That should be 55 aa per zone, with 5 zones, for a total of 270 AA and it does not use up any of your reward missions. If you got the glyphs of experience you can click those or save them for when there is a level increase.

For the mission rewards, once per day, for 10 days prior to the release of the new expansion do the second mission from WK, the one where you defend the dragon. If I remember that can be stored and has a good aa count.

Then you got 30 quests that you can have. Select 30 quests, preferably from RoF and later content and do the entire quest except for the last mob kill or the last hail. A detailed list here would be the subject of another thread. Best to pick what you know and where you frequent on a weekly basis.

Next, the day before the expansion release, get the level 96 gribble, but do not do completed it on that, wait till day of the expansion, the same with the scout's mission in WK.

Also consider clicking lesson before logging in one of the zones where buffs do not decay.

On the day of the expansion, plan on claiming collection rewards, quest rewards, and a few of the unfinished quests, claiming the balance of them over the first week. Coordinate and plan with friends to finish off the lesson burn you clicked the night before. During the day, coordinate to be in a group and blast thru one of the cooper missions and all 3 gribbles for credit under the lesson you click during that same day.

If you plan it right, you should be able to bank:

• 105 AA saved up
    • 270 from Collections
    • 75 from unclaimed competed quests and missions (varies using 7.5 per mission)
    • 75 from 30 uncompleted quests (varies by mission, using 2.5 aa per mission)
    • 25 from (2) level 95 dailies (varies on daily)
    • 125 lesson burn from 1 cooper mission and 3 gribbles (varies based on group and scout bonus mission)
    This adds to about 650 AA on the, other then the mob kills on the day of the expansion. Granted this is a drop in the bucket given that there are 10k AA to grind thru, but it is a good start. Between this, and the other stuff I do on the first day, I expect to make and claim not less then 1000 aa.

My big secret in making AA is not that I am always doing the best AA stuff, in the best AA zone, or PLing, but that I have been focusing on making AA and doing something each and every day since 2007.

And yes, make sure your AA is set to 100% to AA for this. Also make sure you select 11 AA for your collection reward claims.