Ragefire worth coming back to?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dojed, Oct 18, 2016.

1. dojed New Member

Hello guys.

Im getting that EQ itch again. I left ragefire just shortly before Velious came out and have a couple questions.

1.Is there any raid population left for US times?

2. What expansion is currently out and when does the next come out?

If i come back i bring an epiced necro/ max cleric / friends will come back with max chanter and tank.

Thanks for the info look forward to playing again.
  2. Illusory Augur

1 - Probably
    2 - Velious

Forget about RageFire and join Phinny, its population speaks for itself.
  3. Adventure New Member

There are a few guilds currently raiding US times: False Prophecy, Tempus, and Yeti. Currently we are wrapping up Velious with anticipated Luclin drop on Monday the 31st.
  4. dojed New Member

Is the experience rate still super slow on Phinny? i remember that being a complaint when the server first came out.
  5. Illusory Augur

The XP rate on phinny is slower than what you'd be used to with RageFire, but it isn't 'super slow.' The XP curve does take a dip in the 40s, but that's to be expected. If you take advantage of high ZEMs and solid group play, then you'd negate the slower XP easily. In my honest opinion, it's in a pretty good spot and I'm a late reroller from RageFire myself.

Let me add one other thing for perspective... If you played back between 99-2004ish, the group xp per kill is much quicker on Phinny, however there is a severe XP penalty for solo play.
  6. DryalRmog Augur

I would come back to Ragefire

Some people that have no played there in over a year would scream on these forums DEAD sever!

Truth is there are at least 8-9 active raiding guilds, 3 of which are clearing current end game content (not bad I. Open world environment)

Dark wind (euro time zone)
    False Prophacy
    Tempus

As well as many other raid guilds doing kunark vindi velk epic type content:

SL
    Yeti
    As well as others

Come back to RF and have fun!

Enjoy faster AA slower unlocks, ect
  7. dojed New Member

Thanks Dryal exactly what i wanted to hear
  8. Jaime Lannister Augur

There are currently 3 guilds that have cleared all of Velious.

False Prophecy
    Tempus
    Darkwind

Tempus and FP are both US raid guilds. Darkwind is EU.

There are smaller up and coming guilds like Yeti currently making a name for themselves and building their rosters.

All of the guilds get along, and have worked out rotations and the like. Gone are the days of and DPS racing. They have already sorted out plans for the Luclin launch, to keep things as friendly as they have been for the past few months of Velious.

Luclin Launches October 31st. At which point it should be pretty easy to find a group as there will be a plethora of Beastlords and Cat people being created, and lots of people AA'ing. You will probably have difficulty finding a group before luclin, as we've been at the level 60 cap for over a year betwen Kunark/Velious, and everyone has like 4 level 60's by now and no reason to group atm.
  9. AgentofChange Augur

I feel like Ragefire & Lockjaw are going to suffer severely when Luclin comes out, as they did not increase the spawn timers for Luclin. There is going to be very little for most guilds to do, even the guilds that kill the most open world targets will get extremely bored.

Sure it might not be so bad if these were the only options, but I'm thinking people might finally see the light and come to Phinigel when they realize they can only raid 1-2 times a week at most no matter what guild they're in.
  10. Ethereal Augur

This entire posts screams of desperation.
  11. Illusory Augur

I agree and thus why I stopped posting yesterday...

The best way to lobby Phinny is to let the OP or anyone else find out the hard truth for themselves. :)
    Banecrow likes this.
  12. Extremeties New Member

My concern with the time locked servers is the population drop off. I played on one of the servers on EQ2(I think Highhold) which was the highest of the two TLE servers and I enjoyed the hell out of it but the population quickly dropped off the face of the earth. I started on Phini(EQ1) a few months ago and was worried about the same thing and on top of that, It was difficult finding groups as a healer because it seemed like most everyone played with their tight nit group of friends so solo exp bleeeeeew chunks.

If I had confidence in the server pops staying relatively healthy than I would invest all my free time onto my character because I do miss EQ and the TLE servers are fun
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I think you'll find phinny will stay alive the longest just because of instanced content, the only real threat to phinny in terms of population is which expansion will people bail at or could there be a better TLP on the horizon.
    Extremeties likes this.
  14. Ethereal Augur

All tlps will have instancing in 6 months or so.
  15. Extremeties New Member

Phini's already had a longer high population than any of the other Time locked servers which is a good sign. I agree the instancing has helped. I just wonder if its too late to start back up. I got my healer in the 30's and stopped because I found myself struggling to get groups even though the leveling(group zones) zones were all highly populated.
  16. Illusory Augur

It's a better time than ever to return to Phinny! I found this out myself 2 months ago when I restarted from scratch and now I am sitting in the mid 40s on 2 characters. In your case, if you can't find a group sitting in LFG, than you have to try and form your own groups.

(However, this goes for any server!)

Official words from DBG is they have no plans to do so? And, it seems that they really don't have plans for the other TLPs at this point either.
  17. Ethereal Augur

Pop and beyond has instancing built in.
  18. AgentofChange Augur

Ragefire is still ~ 7 months from PoP and Lockjaw is 8 months away, and that's with pretty much only time being instanced which a single guild can easily block others if they wish.

This is a long time off
  19. Dobs123 New Member

RF and LJ populations are fine.

For some reason, the crowds that left for Phini seem to have some kind of vested interest in them failing, which is not going to happen.

Actually, LJ population seems to be increasing, but that may be the result of summer ending.

Planes of Power might only have Plane of Time instanced, however all the current guilds on LJ are doing rotations, so I find it hard to believe people will suddenly start blocking an instanced end zone. LJ still has Sleepers Tomb in it's original state, with guilds rotating. RF appears to be rotating and getting along too.

LDoN is 100% instanced - Does anyone know the release schedule for LDON and LoY?

I believe we started out with a 6 month release schedule, but doesn't that speed up later? I can't remember which release schedule vote won for RF and LJ.

As time goes by, RF and LJ will have just as much instanced content as Phini, however we will not have the steep exp curve that Phini has or the annoying no-box code.

RF and LJ can also be merged if the population decreases in the future.
  20. Ethereal Augur

Yes, the Ragefire/Lockjaw release cycle will speed up following OOW. Also, Agent of Change clearly is horrible at math.