MotM needs to be revised

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Eldrian, Oct 5, 2016.

1. -wycca Augur

That is in-era, as you move on, you can do stuff with less.
  2. Eldrian Augur

OK gather up 3 groups of Velious group geared toons and go kill Goranaire and I will consider your argument valid. Until then you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Zool, jordune and Lithien like this.
  3. DryalRmog Augur

MotM should not stay as is, once content becomes older.

Vox and naggy have not died on Ragefire from month of February and March, it is not that white scales and red scales and cloak of flames are irrelevant, it's that nobody wants to gather 70 level 52 toons to take their insane AOE with mark of mighty and hit the mobs for 4 dmg on epic rogs...

Gore is way over tuned, harder then vast majority of Velious content.

Back in the day I raised NTOV and kunark, it was not common to need 70 players for these mobs. We used to do them in era with 30-50 consistently.

i would argue 40 people level 52 can't beat vox/naggy in current form. It's just wasted raid content nobody has killed for over 8 months, because it is overtuned.

Looking at gore kill logs she is left up the vast majority of time as well, only high end guilds that can bring the pain do it, because our bards need scales...

Please fix MOTM

I love idea that it scales as time goes on, more kills for server is more loot for server
  4. Weebles Augur

Agree. The overtuned, old world motm's need to go away. Let people enjoy 1-2 grouping old content. There is no valid reason why mobs like Gorenaire should still have motm.

As once person said, the best solution is to give all motm mobs the motm level of the current xpac. Ex., all classic thru Luclin raid mobs have the current 10% motm (or whatever it is).
  5. -wycca Augur

Statements like these confirm that you really don't know what's required for these mobs and aren't actually taking small raids to do mobs that are "too hard". Vox was doable with like 18-20 and nag with 20-22 in classic at level 50. So sure, with extra levels, more gear, new spells, better buffs, and even a handful of AA, they're totally not doable with 2x those numbers.

Likewise, Gore was doable with mid 20's in Kunark, and in Luclin with far better gear and AA I bet she's doable with even less. May have to get a few people and give it a go for S&G.
    Tudadar likes this.
  6. Jaime Lannister Augur

I don't see how any guilds trying to raid should have too much of a problem raiding an expansion behind (though the level 52 barrier should be removed from Vox/Nag).

The biggest problem with MOTM for me though, is the difficulty it gives to certain epics compared to others. Sure any guild raiding in Velious can easily kill Kunark dragons, but getting the numbers required to go kill a kunark dragon just so someone can get Bard Epic for alt #3 is annoying, when someone can basically solo the epic for 8+ other classes.
  7. DryalRmog Augur

FYI, we are talking about Ragefire on vox and naggy, level 52 is cap on them and we don't have AAs, and if you have not done the mobs at level in a long time, you don't know how much harder they got with presence of the mighty harder nukes, sure you could most likely take them down with MOTM 1 with 20 people of you hoisted the entire fight and had 4-6 healers, I bet the fight would also take an hour and a half with 15 dps....

Overtuned? Very much so, the fact that NOBODY has killed these mobs in 8 months will tell you how hard they are.

Heck, even talendor gets killed 2-4 times a week, he is easier then naggy...

I agree lifting level cap on vox and naggy would help.

I call bull crap on people doing gore with 20 as well, unless your just bind / nuke rushing her with 18 wiz, which we all know works , but should not be the only way to win that fight with low numbers.
  8. Astley Augur

Shouldn't be a problem if your group knows what it's doing.

We've taken down Naggy/Vox with less than 18, pre-Luclin.

Mind you, instanced, so it could be slightly easier.
  9. Darkenr Elder

Honestly I think MoTM should follow the same or a similar "unlock" rule as AA auto grants do on the progression servers. Currently they've said that auto grant AAs will be in place at a 2 expansion unlock for auto grants. So in other words, all Luclin AAs will be auto granted at the unlock of LoY (Maybe LDoN depending on if they count LoY as part of the 2 expansion).

So, I'd like to see MoTM removed starting with classic raid content having MoTM removed as of Velious, then Kunark at Luclin, Velious at PoP, Luclin at at LoY(LDoN?), etc until MoTM is no longer needed for content.
  10. Astley Augur

The real issue here isn't the buffs.

The issue is that Naggy/Vox have level 52 restrictions, and now that the servers are less populated on RF and LJ, smaller guilds cannot field the numbers needed to do these raids.

The answer isn't to change Naggy/Vox... the answer is that those smaller guilds need to merge or work together. Joint raids to get the content down before leveling up.
  11. -wycca Augur

I've always thought that was sensible personally.

As far as nag/vox not dying due to lvl 52 cap - thats pretty classic. People used to just have alts for doing them - the most extreme example being solo (RIP Technoe). It's pretty easy to level to 52 on RF/LJ (even Phin TBH), so this isn't a huge undertaking.
  12. Gremin Augur

You are missing the fact that these buffs got added due to how much more powerful our characters are, to stop box armies rolling content and frankly because current devs are out of touch with older content.

Do I like the fact I need 36 to do Gore if we need a white scale, no. However, I do like the fact an epic takes my guildmates to complete as that is why I have guildmates.

If any smaller guild on LJ needs a hand then let me know. With the exception of AoW we bring 42 to 48 mains to raid and have no issues with anything in era except Nev, Vyemm or Vulak as we have not experienced those targets yet.
  13. DryalRmog Augur

Have fun with Lady Nev and vyem, talk about mobs that are Wayyyy harder then they used to be in era, overtuned.
  14. -wycca Augur

Considering Lady N's nickname was Lady Neverdie, and there's plenty of stories of 1hr+ fights back then, I don't think a 10-15min fight is "overtuned".
  15. DryalRmog Augur

I remember doing NTOV in era, it did not take as many people as now. Even allakazam post from 2003 says it took 40 people are avg lev 62 10-12 min to kill lady nev.

40 people on lady nev now would take 2-4 times that long. Overturned.
  16. AgentofChange Augur

GrugSA likes this.
  17. -wycca Augur

Having done Lady N with about 40 people during Velious on Phin, it took about 17min. ;)
  18. Aegir Augur

With Rangers in Luclin Era now with AA's. I'd say she can be killed in half that time.
  19. -wycca Augur

Probably, with 50ish she was taking 10-12min, so with Luclin and Rangers, it should be even faster.
  20. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Imagine if instead of MoTM they actually implemented something to make the content a challenge but did not nerf half the classes at the same time! wow, what an idea...
  21. Febb Augur

Wow, you are the first person to ever come up with this idea!