No planar rifts from from wraiths on Emperor Kill - BUG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Denhiss, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Denhiss New Member

Update: Got a GM response more or less saying they "didn't have the capacity to make these reimbursements" and that they forwarded concern to dev.

It's a tough pill for me to swallow to think they can't reimburse us some how. Put the items on the 40 people we provided with the ticket (and they can validate Emperor DZ lock), spawn wraiths for us somewhere to kill, seems like there are several options.

The /shrug, you're on your own is a disappointing response.
  2. Bobalob New Member

Bruh, Shissar Wraiths are tagged as trash loot. Thus why the issue. I know what I'm talking about. Loot lockout for a zone implies trash. Specific targets are named as such.
  3. Denhiss New Member

This is mentioned waaaay back Bobalob. We know the root cause, the point is, it's stupid.
  4. Squints Journeyman

We also received the same "too widespread of an issue for us to address at this time" forwarding to a dev response.
  5. CaptainSkeet Augur

That sucks man. Really a disappointment to get a milestone, only to have the small print details take away the excitement. Woulda been nice to know beforehand that the wraiths and Blood were "trash" tagged. I can understand why the issue of killing a lootless Emp repeatedly for rifts would be pretty crappy, but seems like this unannounced "fix" could have been arranged in a way to not bone legitimate kills. Then again, maybe it was always this way and never addressed until the issue hit live. Either way, bah.
  6. Trackanon Elder

Yes it does suck that your first kill garnered zero keys. I get that part. The big consolation here is that it does normally drop 40 keys, which is a crazy amount. Even without this week's emp key items, you will still have more phase rifts than Luclinite Orbs in a week or two.
  7. Voice_of_Reason New Member

We all know the cause of this, and we all know the workaround.

The bottom-line is that paying customers are being knowingly screwed because someone (GM Dunbar probably?) doesn't want to do his job. It cannot take very long to distribute these items to the two guilds affected. This LAZINESS from a CUSTOMER SERVICE REP would not fly in any in-person business. He would be fired.

What happens in PoP when projections don't spawn? The same thing? Make an example and reimburse your customers who are paying for you and your family to live.
  8. Astley Augur

Just a follow-up that yes... Wraiths do drop rifts properly if killed during the same 1-night clearing instance session. Full clear of the zone last night, got our 40 rifts.
  9. Gromph Elder

I think you missed the point, its not a bug, not a fix type thing, it is a design. The wraiths are trash. hence trash loot lockout = no trash loot. Always this way. Full Ssraeshza clear takes less than 3 hours. If you are not clearing each boss in Ssra in 3 hours or less you are either A, taking to long to move from boss to boss, B prepping far to much for each boss, C, disorganized, D, only raiding 2 hours which is not efficient to clear much of anything. Work on your efficiency for those claiming no one has 4 hours to raid, it doesnt take 4 hours to begin with unless you are doing it wrong.
  10. Voice_of_Reason New Member

Incorrect.

By design means they intentionally moved rewards from a raid under an unrelated lockout. You're just wrong.

This was an oversight that caused a bug.
  11. Astley Augur

Except the Wraiths are NOT really trash. They're not something you're supposed to clear to get to the encounter. They ONLY come out after you've killed the Emperor, and such, should be tied to the Emperor loot lockout, and not the zone-wide lockout.

The point of the trash loot lockout is so you cannot farm the instances for trash drops repeatedly. However, you cannot get more wraiths for farming if you've killed the Emperor already. The wraiths are the reward for defeating that encounter to get you into the next step of progression.

Putting them onto the trash loot lockout means if something happens, like a server crash that interrupts your instance before killing the Emperor, and you cannot get back into the DZ right away, you also lose the ability to key people for Vex Thal.
    Lithien likes this.
  12. CaptainSkeet Augur

Agreed, the wraiths are a special exemption to the trash rule. They are specifically there as a progression reward. I can see the reasoning in zones where trash can drop gear or quest rewards, such as NToV. You can bet if there were similar mobs after Vulak that dropped key pieces for a zone (imaginary, I know) after NToV, there would have been an uproar. Granted NToV/Vulak is much longer than SSRA, having the excuse of "well spend more time there" doesn't make much sense because an arbitrary time requirement based on a faulty loot lockout is in the realm of poor zone loot mechanics.

Sinply put, wraith drops need to be tied to Emp loot lockout, not zone trash. Yes, there are workarounds, but this should be a simple case of Emp has loot, keys drop.
  13. Catashe Augur

*** Progression Servers ***

- The shissar wraiths that spawn after Emperor Ssraeshza's death in Ssraeshza Temple instances will no longer be subject to the loot lockout for the basepop, but instead will be linked to the lockout for the emperor himself.
  14. Voice_of_Reason New Member

So it was by design, right? o_O
  15. Flabberghasted New Member

Seems you are wrong Voice_of_Reason. Looks like it was by design, they were previously linked to basepop, clearly stated. (which is not a bug btw) But you are right in that it was an oversight. They are now changing it to accommodate people who cannot clear in 1 night.
  16. Astley Augur

By this logic, the out-of-era drops in Velious were in-game by design also. Not just an oversight.

I think you're giving the Dev team more credit on how thoroughly they tested and designed the instance Flabberghasted.

I have a feeling no one checked to see about split-raiding the instance to find out that the Wraiths were on the trash lockout. They probably tested, killed Emperor, saw that the wraiths dropped the pieces, and went about their day. And it just wasn't tested and caught prior to this that they were on the trash loot, because people were clearing the instance in a single go for testing purposes.
  17. CaptainSkeet Augur

Arguing something is by design is kind of a moot point if the design is bad. As it is, a couple guilds have had the orbs given to them after they were faced with this issue. This makes the argument that this was not an intended mechanic, which is further proved by the fact it was changed. Basing wraiths on Emp loot makes complete sense. If this was by design and intended to function as a "trash loot" mechanic, the least that could have been done is that information being in the patch notes. It is not a matter of guilds not being able to get the items, since obviously anyone having this problem already downed the Emp. The issue was arbitrarily assigning a kill order or time requirement to an event that never had either of those requirements.

I agree with Astley, this was most likely never a situation that occurred during testing, and didn't become apparent until the situation hit live.
  18. Voice_of_Reason New Member

LOL what? "By design" means they designed it. A human looked at it and decided it was correct.

This is NOT by design. It was an oversight. They are designing it now after bugs were found, by fixing it.
  19. ScarletLetter Elder

oh oh oh are we at the point yet where we are taking bets on bugs?

I bet when emp dies and the lockout hits before the mobs spawn that the lockout will happen and they not drop rifts

and/or!

the lockout doesn't happen until a rift mob dies and you can chain spawn emp :D
  20. AgentofChange Augur

They should just remove the wraiths from the game entirely. What is the point of them. Make emp drop 40 rifts end of story.

Why are we making life so hard?