No planar rifts from from wraiths on Emperor Kill - BUG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Denhiss, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Denhiss New Member

Hello,

Hoping developers or someone who can help us sees this, as we tried to petition and didn't get anywhere. I'm told this problem has happened to a couple other guilds and DBG made it right, but in our case, things weren't made right.

The Broken Wave had our first Emperor kill Thursday night, we had the general loot lockout from earlier in the week when we did XtC/Cursed/AL/HP, etc. We killed Blood, he had no loot, we killed Emperor (he had loot thankfully), wraith's spawned, they had no loot.

It would be nice to get loot from Blood, but obviously what we want to have made right is the Planes Rifts we didn't get. I'm pretty disappointed the GM's wouldn't make this right in the first place, but hoping they would here. How is a triggered event's drops part of the generic raid wide loot lockout?

Any help is appreciated, if other guilds were in this situation, please share who/how it was resolved, I only heard through the grapevine that it may have happened to Cult of Chaos and another guild.

Thanks.
  2. Squints Journeyman

Sad Dragons also had this happen. We were on a zone lockout for trash and xtc, hp, AL, and Cursed from Tuesday. Last night we zoned in to do Emperor. We killed blood and received no loot. Killed Emporor and received loot. Killed the wraiths expecting 40 planes rifts to drop and received no planes rifts. Blood and Shissar Wraiths are flagged under the zone trash lockout and should be part of the Emperor event and lock out. I hope this gets addressed.
  3. CaptainSkeet Augur

Was pretty lame for sure. Seeing as the Emp dropped loot, it should be pretty obvious he wasn't on a loot lockout, and therefore the wraiths wouldn't be either since there is no other way to get them.

Blood not dropping loot was also lame, but giving up a couple drops to get the rifts is an acceptable compromise (even though he wasn't on lockout and the fault is apparently in the instance side).
  4. CaptainSkeet Augur

So I guess going forward the warning to guilds is do Emp first, before any other named in zone. At least until this gets fixed. Until then, do it in the usual order and expect to get the shaft. Hopefully Blood doesn't give the same generic lockout and totally bone any attempts at the rifts.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

As long as your a fine with guilds being able to cascade instances and kill emp in their instance every 3-4 days then ya do this...
  6. Toodles Elder

would probably be better for wraiths to be on their own separate timer instead of being tied to Emp timer... but yeah they definitely need to be moved off of the zonewide general loot lockout

Two problems with captainskeet's suggestion:
    1) Killing emp first will extend your instance request timer to ~6days, so what ever bosses your unable to finish in the 6 hours = donezo for that week. (would guarantee your rifts tho)
    2) Just make sure you leave emp's room through evac/decession/coh-out , dont dzq+readd people to save time could lead to very messed up lockouts
  7. Squints Journeyman

why not put the rifts on emperor's loot table?
  8. Toodles Elder

the advanced loot window would probably crash us all!
  9. CaptainSkeet Augur

Hmm didn't realize Emp gave a lockout for entire zone. This seems completely FUBAR. Kill other bosses first, no rifts. Kill emp first, get locked in his room and have to then get back to entrance via succor/evac/coth while keeping the 6 snakes in boss room at bay, only to do other bosses, which will be unable to be done unless all in same night.

Why an unnecessary pain.
  10. Zanador Elder

It sounds to me like the easiest solution is to kill the entire instance in one day. The issue was having to kill the emperor on a second day, because the loot lockout prevented looting anything in zone other than bosses.

So, make sure to run your Ssra instance on a day when you have enough time to do the entire thing at once.
    Trevalon likes this.
  11. Trevalon Augur

This. I am not 100% sure because we have never had to spend more than a single night clearing a zone on this server, but I was under the impression that all instances give a zonewide "trash" lockout when you first start killing things.

It would seem the Wraith's are just considered "trash" mobs and are on that zonewide lockout, so the solution is not to take 2 days to clear Ssra or at the very least kill emperor first so you won't get the wraith lockout. I find it very unlikely they are oging to change the wraiths to their own separate lockout.
  12. Rovell Elder

I don't believe that's a bug. In all instances, since December when the server launched, when you kill the end-dungeon boss, you get a zone-wide lockout. Until then, if you pick/choose and come back at a later time, you get a zone loot lockout on non-named. I guess Ssra Temple is intended on being done in 1 "DZ". The only other way of doing it would be if they added a lockout to Blood itself.
  13. Dujek New Member

Give us our rifts!

If you fix this for one guild you should fix it for all. We could care less about Bloods loot, but the rifts are holding back our plans for another week.
  14. Zanador Elder

Do you SERIOUSLY want them to try and "fix" something in the Ssra instance again?

Personally, I like that all of the instances work right now.

It sucks that you guys lost your rifts, but this is a simple "fix" in the future- make sure that you kill the entire instance in one day.

IVAS lost their rifts due to the server crashing, and you don't see them blowing up the forums about it, they will just plod on and kill Emp again.
  15. CaptainSkeet Augur

Live and learn I guess. Still think wraiths lockout should be tied to Emp and not considered trash mobs. But alas, it isn't a perfect system. Just sucks we had to find this out after the fact. Guess we get to skip the earlier ssra boss lockout this week and do it all in one fell swoop later. Bah.
  16. Zanador Elder

I agree that the system is not ideal- but I think this situation is a kind of "If it isn't completely broke, don't try and fix it and potentially break it even more" kind of situation.

Live and learn, like you said.
  17. Spooky Augur

Don't fix it, but compensate those that were affected.
  18. Denhiss New Member

I guess to me it seems odd to support multi-night raiding all this time on Phinny and then have a mechanic like this (I still think that's unintended) that forces guilds to do it all in one night or 2) sacrifice some bosses to ensure rifts.

We multi-nighted NToV/Vulak, it fits well for our guild who typically does 3-4 hour raids with a much smaller raid force back then (low 30's at one point).

Anyways just disappointed all in all. Good luck to the rest of you guys!
  19. Bobalob New Member

The key to this is doing SSRA in one solid raid from start to finish. Loot lockout only affects future instances spawned, been that way for a whole (NTOV only dropped loot the first night, not second!)
  20. Evil.Iguana Elder

That's a very long raid night. Not everyone can commit to a 4+ hour raid. That's why some instances were made to support splitting over multiple nights. It should be noted that nobody was expected to kill all of Ssra in one raid in era either. I personally question the wisdom of having these general loot lockouts at all. What would be the harm in people being able to get loot from trash mobs more than once per week? The loot lockout applies to mobs with multi minute repops in open world, not multi day, and as we can see it can have unintended consequences.
  21. Denhiss New Member

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Loot drops were fine, the only thing you wouldn't get on subsequent evenings was trash loot. Bosses all dropped loot and TBW did multi-night NToV for all of Velious.