@Devs Missing Characters

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gremin, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Gremin Augur

Hi,

We currently have multiple people in our guild missing their characters from character select. Its to the point that a few of these people have sent in petitions since Saturday when it started. We can not even raid tonight in our guild due to 3 clerics missing their characters.

We have seen no response to this and that is just not right. Pls, fix this.
  2. Mistress Journeyman

its server delay not displaying them or something like that, its happened to me on multi accounts......log in....go to character select.....no characters......exit game.....login again to character select and they are there.
  3. Grebyr Lorekeeper

No they are gonna. Relogged about 30 times, sometimes allowing up to 30 minutes at log in screen. This is happening to people across servers.

Apparently is somethign that is taking more than just a CS rep to fix so we shall see what will happen.

But unitl then...

REROLL Lockjaw ...it's where the cool kids are.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

You don't understand, people on Phinny aren't going BACK to lockjaw or ragefire. (it wouldn't even be a question of rerolling, most of us left geared 50s on those servers) NOTHING can replace instanced raiding.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Way to rise to the bait...
  6. Gremin Augur

And yet two just returned to LJ last week. When you speak in absolutes the exceptions always shine.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

And there you go, aside from rare exceptions, people are not returning. On this we can agree.

I'm just as bored as he is, apparently.
  8. Gremin Augur

The issue a lot of us on LJ have is the constant answer we get to any of our issues is "Reroll on Phinny". I don't dispute its one of the best servers ever for EQ but its not the answer for everyone. A lot of my guild did not want to redo classic, reroll their toons, redo tradeskills etc. On top of that a lot of us do not like the idea of instancing from the standpoint people purely log in for raids once or twice a week and thats it. To us that does not build community that builds isolation from the server. We respect you feel your server suits your needs, so pls respect ours.
    Ya he is bored because since Saturday ALL his characters are missing from his acct and Daybreak has not said a peep.
  9. Bobalob New Member

Dozens of us! There are Dozens of us!

10. Silinius Augur

We had 1 person this has happened to (4 level 60's across 2 accounts, only the level 60's affected) and the response is that it is a Database Issue. Possible that the login service is calling character data from DB and DB might not be responding... but that's just what we gathered from the info that dev provided.

Characters are still in guild; you can parcel items without getting kickback message. Unfortunately, it takes a GM/Dev going in and restoring character info manually. ETA for us was 3 to 4 days.
  11. Gremin Augur

This is ridiculous, hope these people get some sort of compensation for such a craptastic response to this issue.
  12. Liddan New Member

We've had similar happen in our guild. No responses yet. People's mains with tons of time invested just poofed.

The part that worries me most is that parcels are coming back with Player Not Found.
  13. Silinius Augur

That's the odd part - we did the parcel and we didn't get a message at all and it appears that it went through.
  14. Hobie Lorekeeper

There's an old bug in Plane of Tactics that can do the same thing (I'm hoping they've fixed it since then). Your character just isn't on your screen but it IS on Day Break's screen. If it's the same kind of bug, it will have to be manually restored by a GM, just like it was 10++ years ago. And yes, it's aggravating! But you will get it back
  15. Grebyr Lorekeeper

Still nothing to resolve this issue. It has toons across all servers dealing with lack of characters. They still show in guild listing etc but no manner of relogging, deleting files etc has fixed this issue and no responses. If it was just a matter of 'restoring' a toon I am sur eit would have been done within the last 5 days.
  16. VoltrunVoltari Lorekeeper

Halfling Lives Matter!

#JusticeForGrebyr #DeadHalflingSociety #DotLetHisGuildTagFoolYou
  17. Liddan New Member

The biggest issue is they are closing the petition and telling people that their toons are back, but when they log in, the toon is still missing.