Wizards need ports

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Abrax, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Abrax Apprentice

As our only major utility, to overlook this in the new expansion as in the last is to rob us of a class defining trait ( should retro a port to Plane of Health also )
  2. Fnyanea Augur

The info on EQ resource says there are gate/port/TLs to EOK for both Wizards and Druids.

I agree about Plane of Health ports though.
  3. Critts Augur

I personally wasn't to upset about TBM not haveing ports. The guild hall port crystal with the mirror gets you through the zones pretty fast. I did feel like not haveing ports gave wizards good levrage in the ever rageing DPS debate. Mages and Necros get pets. Enchanters get mez. Wizards get ports... err I mean beast DPS. if I have to pick ports or DPS I'm going to pick DPS. I wouldn't be against getting a wider verity of gates and ports to some older zones. maybe quest to Learn Druit circles and like wise for Druits to learn wizards portals.
  4. Cicelee Augur

This is what wizards are unhappy about? Ports? Really?
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm upset about a lot of things:

• Dichotomic Fire still doesn't Twincast like it is supposed to.
    • Dichotomic Fire still doesn't fully haste like it is supposed to.
    • Robe Focus doesn't stack with Eyes of Life and Decay augment.
    • The mana costs on our AA nukes are outrageously high for the damage they do (and they were never supposed to have a mana cost to begin with).
    Andarriel and Wizdons like this.
  6. Kunon Augur

I don't think the Eyes stack with any classes Robe focus. I know it doesn't for Necros. This got me thinking though and the first thing to check tomorrow in Beta will be if all those new Focus AAs stack with the Robe Focus and the Eyes. I'm thinking they wont since everything is getting boosted by 16% which will make the Eyes worthless...
  7. Abrax Apprentice

heh, I was avoiding other issues with this post, thought I would pick something we stood a chance on.
    Andarriel likes this.
  8. Critts Augur

I thought The Dichotomic fire restrictions where intentional.
    svann likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

AAs and Items are separate and therefore stack. Robe and Eyes are both Item and therefore do not stack.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, they weren't. This is the spell data for Dichotomic as it is right now:

[49223/16662] Dichotomic Fire
    Classes: WIZ/101
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 16294
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Unresistable: No, Resist Type: None
    Focusable: Yes
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 60s, Timer: 13, Rest: 1.5s
    Hate: -1
    1: SPA 470 Base1=100 Base2=16663 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Cast: Group - Dichotomic Fire
    2: SPA 455 Base1=-25 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Decrease Current Hate by 25%
    Triggers a powerful fire spell to burn your target, while simultaneously causing it to forget #2% of its hatred for you.

[49229/16663] Dichotomic Fire 6
    Classes: WIZ/250
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 100
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Unresistable: No, Resist Type: Fire -100
    Focusable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
    Hate Mod: -102168
    1: SPA 0 Base1=-127710 Base2=0 Max=127710 Calc=100 --- Decrease Current HP by 127710
    2: SPA 39 Base1=1 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Stacking: Twincast Blocker
    Text: Dichotomic Fire consumes your body.
    Powerful fire burns your target for up to #1 damage, and greatly reduces your target's hatred for you.

This is what (Spell) Twincast looks like:

[18880/7228] Twincast
    Classes: DRU/85 WIZ/85 MAG/85
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 1
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6m, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: SPA 399 Base1=100 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Chance to Twincast by 100%
    2: SPA 137 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Effect: Current HP
    3: SPA 137 Base1=-39 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Effect: Exclude Twincast Blocker
    4: SPA 348 Base1=10 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    5: SPA 311 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    6: SPA 138 Base1=0 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Limit Type: Detrimental
    Text: Your detrimental magic splits with the focusing of Twincast.

This is what our AA Quick Damage looks like:

[15396] Quick Damage (5)
    1: Increase Spell Haste by 20%
    2: Limit Effect: Current HP
    3: Limit Type: Detrimental
    4: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    5: Limit Min Casting Time: 3s
    6: Increase Spell Haste by 20%
    7: Limit Spells: Ethereal Weave
    8: Limit Spells: Ethereal Fuse

The Base Spell of Dichotomic does not Twincast or get AA haste because it does not meet the requirement highlighted in red. It does not affect HP, or to put it another way, it is not itself a nuke.

The Proc Spell of Dichotomic does not Twincast because it specifically has a blocker to prevent it from Twincasting.

How do I know this is not intentional?

Because originally on Beta, the Base Dichotomic spell did 1 point of damage which means it DID Twincast and it DID focus down to 1.5 second cast time. The Proc spell also did NOT have a blocker, which means that the Proc also Twincast, making it actually a "Quadcast."

This was clearly not intentional and so I reported it to the spell dev who added the Twincast blocker to the Proc spell. This allowed the Base Spell to continue to Twincast and Hasten, but because the Proc no longer Twincast, it was no longer a "Quad."

The problem was that the Base spell was using counters from Frenzied Devastation, NOT the Proc spell. This means the 1 damage nuke part of the base spell was eating a whole counter from Frenzied Devastation, wasting it.

I told the spell dev that this was a problem we had faced in the past with Ethereal Weave/Ethereal Fuse and that the solution to the problem was a simple one: Switch which part Twincasts. That means: Remove the 1 point of damage from the Base spell AND the Blocker from the Proc. The Base will no longer Twincast but the Proc Will. THEN, let the AA dev know to add a specific exception to the Quick Damage AA similar to Ethereal Fuse and Ethereal Weave so that it hastens down to the correct time of 1.5 seconds.

The dev did remove the 1 point of damage, but did NOT remove the Twincast blocker from the Proc, nor have the AA dev add the exception to the Quick Damage AA. I later reminded the dev of this, at which point they said they would get it done, but were busy at that particular moment...and it's been untwincastable ever since.
    gotwar, Wizdons and kizant like this.
  11. Abrax Apprentice

As the train already ran off the tracks here I suppose I can just throw fuel on the fire, what about the insanely disproportionate negative recourses on some of our AE's and that our lower element debuff that was always instant cast from an item now has a cast time attached to the AA upgrade..
  12. Xikteny Augur

You know what would be cool? An AA line that reduces the chance to trigger detrimental recourses.