Empires of Kunark info stream and expanion packs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Tucoh Augur

Hmm, does that mean that the amount of banked AA one can get is at or higher than 1k?
  2. Kutsuu Augur

They could probably keep people interested with 8 raids if they were Underfoot-level difficulty. I really enjoyed that expansion... sigh.
  3. Wizdons Augur

5500+ HEM raid gear

4100+ HEM group gear

gone is type 9 but type 5 is still there.

seems req level is still 100.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Coagagin Guild house cat

At that/this rate they could have concentrated on expanding the existing TBM campaign into a real expac and saved the user community some anticipation for something useful.

What's next? Revisiting PoP as a 105 level expac?

(*Yawn*)
  5. josh Augur

I'm on beta now looking around and to clarify some things. We still have type 5 slots in gear and there are new type 5 augs on the vendors. So the heroic customization is still a thing. just not the gear scaling part it seems. 10,000 new aa's is not much of an exaggeration. there actually are that many, but, one of my aa's has 10 ranks and costs 100 aa's per rank. So, there are a lot of aa's and they are very expensive. The focus tab is where the spell aa's are. most of my spells have an aa that increases its power in one way or another. most of them are 8% effectiveness boosts. Also, they typically don't release everything all at once so there could be more aa's coming.
  6. Wizdons Augur

only 1 tier of raid gear and no option for non-prestige other than T1 group gear which is ~4000 HEM.
  7. Wizdons Augur

Not many spells per class so expect to be casting mostly the same old spells.

Lots of AA counts but not many points. your going to have to bank a lot of AA for each point spent.

Not really many new AA at all just upgrades mostly.
  8. Brohg Augur

Magician harvest is called Gather Magnitude

There is about 10000 AA of new AA and extensions of the old ones, for all classes.
  9. Makavien Augur

The reason the scaling raids failed is because they implemented them wrong in the first place you scale things based on the average level not the highest level because that just leaves the lower level players undergeared and underpowered for the encounter .
    Its just like the class weapons they made in RoF they took good ideas and failed at implementing them compare that to the wow concepts of the same ideas and you see the difference between successful implementation and failed implementation.

The worst thing to me is they consider combine the good guys when they were also the bad guys in the past and I am now forced against the sarnak who I am ally with. And no Chardok ring quest mentioned ruined the one thing I was excited about.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Kantan New Member

Did they mention anything about finishing dot changes with the xpac? They got a few done and just stopped. Curious if they were going to do all that were left with xpac or what.
  11. Brohg Augur

No mention of dots
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No mention of dots the closest they came to that is that class balancing will be an ongoing never ending sort of thing.
  13. Kunon Augur

That might be why they weren't popular for some lower levels toons per se, but that isn't why they were discontinued. They were discontinued due to widespread and massive exploiting.
  14. segap Augur

While I agree with that as a big design problem. It was never a factor. There were never enough people at those levels to begin with to support a raid force.
  15. Kunon Augur

They didn't mention anything, but who knows if they intended to carry through with it for other classes. As it relates to Necros, they received the Foci bonus for every single TDS DoT line which wouldn't make sense if they planned to revamp them and then merge some of those lines to cut down on the number of DoTs.
  16. Makavien Augur

Yeah while I agree the ability to do random raids outside of guild raids with every lvl of player from 75+ was a good idea. The entire implementation of the raids were a complete failure . Just like not adding a chardok ring 2.0 is to a revamped chardok.
  17. rorriana Elder

Thank you for the summary for those of us who were unable to view it.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They even said in (I think in the TBM stream or afterwards) that they were asked if they could do it (by holly maybe or someone higher up?) and they said they would do it just because they can. Really dumb reason but ok. Also shows that either they were completely out of touch with the gameplay OR whoever they were too afraid of whoever asked them to do it to point out the emperor had no clothes on.
  19. segap Augur

As a proof of concept, I think it had value. As I said months ago, however, it was better suited to be experimented with on an anniversary raid outside the main expansion dev cycle. That's where it really could have value so that they could implement anniversary content and make it available to TLP servers as well.
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

On their stream their reason for not giving us a level cap increase was that it takes a year to do that.

Isn't it going to be a year between TBM and EoK? Are you really telling me with a straight face that level cap increases and content are mutually exclusive?