FV Bazaar /buyer disruption?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Breath007, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Breath007 New Member

Not much that really gets to me . . . I'm pretty chill.

Went to list a buy line in the bazaar for a Krono in /buyer mode and when I did the search to see what price to list at it's currently maxed out at 2 mill, which is the highest you can go. O.K., so be it. If that's what it is, then that's what it is.

So after making my buy line I did a search in /barter to see if it showed up . . .

It didn't . . .

There is some guy named Aanotherbuyer with well over 100 buy lines with quantity 1, buy price 2 mill. Over 1 hundred duplicate lines. Exwifeschest is doing the same thing and Llitisk and Platinumfairy. So they are overflowing the queue so other peoples buy lines don't show up.

Kind of frustrating. I /auctioned a couple times to see if anyone is selling, but no response. Was just going to list and log off in offline buyer.

I can see listing multiple lines at different prices - but 120+ duplicate lines per trader seems a little disruptive and intentionally so. If they wanted 100 Kron then just list quantity 100 @ 2 mill each. Doing it with quantity 1 100+ times seems like it is designed specifically to disrupt the /buyer system.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

There's 2 things in the bazaar that should get GM intervention. One is in the post above. The other also involves kronos - the practice of one buyer making multiple buy lines, all but one at the going market price, say 2mil as stated above. Then they list a buy line for 2mil GOLD hoping someone mis-clicks or just plain isn't paying attention.

Ban them.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Btw, if a mod feels the need to edit the above post because calling out a player on the boards is against the rules, can you just edit out the player names and not delete the post? Thank you!
  4. Breath007 New Member

For those that are unaware, the queue maxes out at 200 lines. After that you get the:

"Your search found too many results; some are not displayed."

So multiple people posting hundreds of lines will push buy lines off the list.

I'm not sure if traders with the same price will list alphabetically, but he has that covered too with the Aanotherbuyer. It wouldn't surprise me if one or more of the other traders doing the same thing are also the same person.
  5. Drunk_on_Gnome_Punch New Member

Oh dear, Krono RMT crying about other Krono RMT. aww i wanted to buy more krono today to subsidise my unemployment benefit! lol

I say just make them no drop. job done
  6. Kutsuu Augur

Yeah how dare they pay their sub with in-game effort! Burn the infidels!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Drusi Augur

I am more curious what happened on FV to suddenly go from 1.8M-2M per Krono available for sale to multiple buyers offering 2m and no one selling at all.

Used to be that someone was always selling for 2.1M now even those people are gone.

EDIT: Probably related to this: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/krono-page-down.235275/

Should be back to normal once people can buy new Kronos.
  8. Yruc Augur

In /baz they have a way to limit max results per traders, can they just add that filter to /bar ?
    Tatanka likes this.
  9. Siddar Augur

If they don't raise the price limit on bazzar then things are going to get ugly when the new expansion releases.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This is why we NEED a dislike button.
  11. valiantSeven Elder

Get used to it. FV is pretty much an exploit in and of itself. If you're not in some sort of shady business for greed and personal profit you're in the minority.
  12. Makavien Augur

You got that backwards many players are not trying to exploit the system. Very few are . Been there since house of thule and I have met maybe 10 people that do everything they can to get as many kronos and plat as they can while all the rest play the game just like everyone else. There might be 20 that buy gear to progress their characters the rest raid and earn it . Not sure where you get your information from.

Lets point out how 10 of us pointed out the way to exploit the random rare raid gear in Cotf. And of all of us that knew the exploit only 3 of those players had their items deleted . The rest of us had under 10 and didn't get them deleted.
  13. Coagagin Guild house cat

/s Just make Krono splitable into say halves and quarters then you could buy half a Krono for 2 million and call it even. o_O /s
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And they had to set the default to 20 in that so that people werent doing something similar in /trader mode. People in the past were blocking others from showing up in /trader selling the same item as them.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah someone did this on the server I play on. They need to limit the number of times a buyer can list the same item. And anyone pulling this crap deserves a suspension on first offence in my opinion for abusing the system. It is obvious daybreak did not set up the system with the intention of giving someone the ability to block any other buyers from showing up.

Edit. Hmmm might have even been the same player name.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually this is more about one person being able to do it. Someone did this on Xegony with kronos and only one person besides them showed up.