No /buyer for baz?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HerroThere, Sep 29, 2016.

1. HerroThere Journeyman

Is this intended or is my game bugged?

Phinigel obv.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

DoN expansion.
  3. HerroThere Journeyman

4. Tudadar Augur

Would be nice for them to make an exception and put this in if they get free time. Offline trader is a huge success.
  5. HerroThere Journeyman

Yeah I have two accounts so having one up to buy and one to sell was something I was looking forward to while sleeping/work.
  6. Lifetap Augur

It's a fairly basic function of the bazaar. (half the entire zone is designed for it) I don't see a reason why it should be tied to a specific expansion.
    Glistarian, Behee and Tudadar like this.
  7. Ryak Augur

I posted about this literally 2 days ago and nobody commented. Suddenly everybody is interested o,0

I would like to see them allow this before DoN on progression servers.
  8. Trueshote Journeyman

Not wanting you rain on your guy's parade but this was one of the things that stopped people talking to each other in eq or working out deals with other people, we basically made ourselves npc's when t came to selling and buying items, was a bad idea and i hope future mmo's will never copy this idea like in pantheon, or any other upcoming mmo. Bad idea all i have to see same with AH in WoW horrible idea there too.
  9. Kiani Augur

I don't think this is the case at all. How much interaction do you really have with someone when buying and selling in EC? In my experience, it typically goes:

Soandso tells auction, "WTS Necklace of uberness, 400pp"
    You tell Soandso, "Will you take 300pp for Necklace of uberness?"
    Soandso tells you, "I'll take 350pp"
    You tell Soandso, "OK then, I'm at parcel vendor"

And that's about it. Hardly the social event of the server.

Offline buying and selling means you have access to a bigger audience for selling your things. Some times of the day are much quieter than others. A Euro player, for example, won't typically have access to the prime time US markets otherwise.

In my opinion, the biggest things that killed social interaction in EQ was the introduction of mercenaries, and more and more people boxing as the game went on.
    Behee likes this.
  10. Adonhiram Augur

I agree, I hated mercenaries too as I discovered those during my last return to EQ phase.
  11. Satren New Member