Suspended only 33 seconds to respond

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vallah, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Adonhiram Augur

Did you get an official e-mail announcing your suspension ? I can't imagine that they suspend someone's account without any form of formal procedure ?
  2. Trevalon Augur

So are bards gonna get suspended for AFK working on their instruments? Suspend AFK Swimmers?

This whole thing seems weird.
  3. Ducreux Augur

Confirmed. If you play your instruments at all while you aren't at your keyboard you are performing automated gameplay and are susceptible to a ban. You also better not autorun and hit a pond of water cause if you happen to get a swimming skillup you have just commited a crime.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Don't afk, if you do make sure you've got a system in place to respond asap :p
  5. SwagMeister New Member

So....go after players that afk skill up but leave the afk plat farming pet classes alone?

....I understand that it's technically against the rules but thats really weak.
  6. Catashe Augur

Glad I ain't a bard then
  7. Vallah New Member

The thing is i wasn't AFK, i just only had 33 seconds to respond which if you are watching a TV show on the monitor right next to your computer and don't notice it for a little your kind of screwed......
  8. Champ Lorekeeper

And that same GM won't touch the guys at Rathe Mountain. Totally amazing. Makes you wonder. That guy at Rathe said he had friends at DBG and if we kept reporting him, he would get US banned.
  9. Pikallo Augur

I'm not sure what you are trying to say - sounds like you are saying he shouldn't be taking part in dangerous activity right before going on vacation? I think that's the whole point of the thread, how absurd the circumstance is and how he was NOT doing anything equivalent to street racing. U feel me?
  10. Azurulia New Member

If he's on vacation, he's off to do another thing he enjoys just as much. is what I got out of it.
  11. Vallah New Member

Policing AFK botting is a good thing, i've been a loyal customer to EQ since release. I feel you should get more then 33 seconds to respond.... Really contemplating what i should do now with EQ if i cant get this over turned...
  12. Milfurd Augur

13. Vallah New Member

If there was more to this story and i did something wrong i wouldn't be fighting to hard to get this reversed. As shocked as you are there is nothing more to this story. Pet attacking for skill ups in commons while watching TV on another monitor. Only 33 seconds to respond before suspended for 7 days.
  14. Dre. Altoholic

GM appears to have thought otherwise.

I'm guessing he was in the EC tunnel and someone reported him to avoid the combat from spamming their merchant.
  15. Milfurd Augur

I've seen Pet attacking for skill ups for what 20 years? Maybe the GM had a bad day. I don't think the GM has any rules to go by to ban you for this. I'm sure you will get this resolved.
  16. Pikallo Augur

There is a big difference between AFK attacking a pet and blatantly cheating/exploiting/griefing. Equating that to street racing is so stupid I'm not even sure why I'm having this conversation lol.

You seem like the sorta cop who would pull over someone for 32 in 30.
  17. Gromph Elder

Considering you can get your skills ups in groups//raids while actively participating. I am not sure why one afk auto attacks pets to begin with aside from extreme laziness or failure to actually not be afk in groups most of the time. Do not afk skill up//farm. It is not a hard concept. It is not allowed. Afk in this scenario does not mean away from keyboard, it means performing actions without user input for an extended period of time. Of which OP admitted. Enjoy your temp ban as that is all suspended is. Dont do it again. Also as far as Rathe afk pet scripters, well, problem is they disable auto afk, and check back in every 30 minutes or so. Problem is GMs do not teleport to the zone and visually watch them and see for themselves because Rathe is considered a highly contested zone and they would have to man that place 24 hours a day to stop it.
  18. thedragon Elder

Am I the only person that doesn't see a response 33 seconds later?
    Isn't the point of posting a log, to show that you DID respond in a reasonable amount of time?

If anything, this just makes you look bad.
  19. Lithien Journeyman

As someone who actually still is resisting afk-skilling (and jumps into the water instead of crossing the bridge, on the way to and from the bank in Qeynos every time to get the swimming skillups), this is quite worrying. I bet my average response time to everyone is more than 33 seconds.
  20. Gromph Elder

The problem with his 33 second complaint, is pretty easy to figure out, HIS AFK FLAG was up. Says it plain as day.
    jeskola likes this.