Three Hours and No Official Word About Server Lockout. Seriously?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Azurulia, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Azurulia New Member

From poking around, what I can gather is it's probably the illusion causing this mess. however it wouldn't hurt to hear some kind of official word about this server lock out.

What happened? How long it may or may not take? Did the hamster union go on strike again?

Or has there been an official word and I have just failed to find it?
  2. Boxen New Member

DBG, It would be nice if you would tell your customers something about the problem...
  3. Gskiel New Member

They are all asleep. And there seems to be no system in place to monitor crucial services and alert staff accordingly (which is absolutely standard everywhere where IT is done even semi professionally). From going back in the threads here this might have been actually ongoing since 2AM, making it 9 hours of inaccesibility for any player trying to log in to any of their servers (seems people that are in can play, so the actual game servers seem fine).
    Rineryen, Lithien and Azurulia like this.
  4. Rineryen Journeyman

Hey DBG would be nice to have some idea when what's going on will be fixed! I guess I shouldn't be shocked you don't have at least 1 customer support rep working 24/7 to communicate things like this!

Doesn't take long to send a tweet or forum post saying we're aware and working on it. Right now I'm thinking everyone went home for the night and we're stuck until morning!
    Gskiel likes this.
  5. Quark New Member

Login down for 12 hours, no information, no official word, pathetic
    Yimin, Azurulia and Gskiel like this.
  6. Azurulia New Member

Many players faith or opinion in DBG's ability to handle... well, just about anything is shaky at best.

Me personally? I have more faith in a rowboat full of holes loaded with gym weights to successfully cross a lake before sinking than I do in DBG's ability to give timely updates, customer service, and general management of unexpected issues.

unfortunately for me, they are the ones to hold Everquest, so I'm forced to sit here and put up with this.

Guess it's back to bed for me. :(
    Gskiel likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Might I suggest good ole EverQuest 2 to kill time. I can confirm EQ2 is running.
  8. Fnyanea Augur

So what is going on? Should I just give up?
  9. Yimin Augur

Can not log in , Sept 28, 6:56 am est , I hope we get double exp for one week for this issue :)

Yimin
  10. Gskiel New Member

Double XP weekend would be the absolute minimum I'd expect for this desaster.
    Mocha likes this.
  11. Derpyderp Journeyman

No 150% crap either.
  12. Snowsilver85 New Member

It is funny how when SoE had this game they reported any outages fast but since DBG took over it has been a storm of disappointments
    Your_Ad_Here and Azurulia like this.
  13. SaryrnIronic New Member

Pfft, EQ bugs, crashes, and the like not being handled well isn't something that's new since DBG happened, maintenance has been a sh*t show since day 1.
  14. NotSure New Member

To be fair, SOE were just as bad. That does not excuse DBG, when you take over a service, you are supposed to improve it, not continue where the last company left off!

In any other walk of life, when you are paying for a service, it is reasonable to expect at the very least an explanation to why that service is not provided and in some cases a full refund of any monies paid!

Unfortunately, Internet gaming companies don't appear to be covered by the same rules as every other company that offers a service for money and unless the service users stop using that service it will never change.

Maybe it's about time they just left this game to run itself and stop adding more material to it? If they must update, do it to EQ2 and let the paying public decide which game they want to play and PAY for!

/rant off (not holding my breath for any improvements though).
  15. Ghostinthemachine Elder

wow been down awhile huh???? good thing I didn't want to log in for a few hours before work to do some tradeskills
  16. Snowsilver85 New Member

well sadly there still no news like a blackout has happen I checked all there media sites and outlets ranging from twitter to facebook to G+ nothing no recent update within the last month or so what a lack luster preformence I cannot wait till pantheon to come out I will be moving there since the orginal makers of everquest are putting out there new game
  17. Annastriana New Member

According to Daybreak Games Help twitter feed, EQ2 has been broken for 20 hours. We are here because we want to play EQ, not EQ2.
  18. Annastriana New Member

I've played SoE Games (EQ and EQ2 and Vanguard) for over 10 years and they were not fantastic about letting the customer base know anything either, which is why people had so little faith in SoE to being with.
  19. gotwar Gotcharms

Just to clarify, Daybreak is SoE.

I hear that "OMG! When DB took over..." line a lot, but it's the same company under a different name.

It's currently 5:30 AM on the West Coast. I am sure someone is working on getting things up for you guys as quickly as they can.

In the meantime... Test is up ;)
    Gskiel likes this.
  20. Savok Journeyman

Just re subbed to get the Sarnak illusion...not impressed with DBG at all.