Hybrids without dicho, what to do now?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Derpyderp, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Derpyderp Journeyman

Miasma, Maelstrom, Bite, Lance, Lance (I consider dicho a nuke as it's in my top 6 spell gems) - I use growl over pet swarms because that's how our raid leader likes it, my other gems are group fero / dot / dot / dot / mana regen for rebuffs (sometimes pet heal per event)

We still do absolutely fine for about 3 minutes, problem is there's all of one fight in this expansion that lasts 3 minutes (unless we include hate/fear I guess)
  2. Draig Journeyman

I see. Pretty close to how I ran. Just out of curiosity is your bard running Pulse/Chorus now?
  3. Draig Journeyman

Just managed 10 mins 11s until unable to continue Dichots. No paras, horn, or bard stuff. So ADPS should be maintainable on pretty much every fight if you are willing to do some pretty disgusting things and lose a TON of personal dps.

I'm sure it's going to be par for the course though because it's what is expected of us, so kiss respectable bst numbers goodbye.
    Xdevlx likes this.
  4. Stubar Augur

Devs were waiting for me to quit playing to make DoTs viable. Final troll to the devs.
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Thraine Augur

As a raiding ranger, i find that i can burn through my entire 130k mana pool in about 2 mins or less.

So our burst DPS on a short fight will be good still, but any event that is a endurance / duration event rangers will be very poor DPS. Something will have to give, maybe ill have to stop using my dicho .. i dunno but one thing i do know is this is a pretty up situation for us hybrids
  6. Xdevlx Journeyman

Personally, if you wanted to drop something for duration fights, I'd have to say drop scarlet cheetah, or cast in on your highest melee/caster dps buddy. That thing is the mana sink from hell. As I've stated before you can get away with only casting dicho when you have GoM proc (unlike BL who have to keep it on cooldown because of the adps effects it brings to the group) you won't be pumping out 100% dps but you should still be putting out respectable numbers.
  7. fransisco Augur

well, hybrids were never balanced around having the kind of mana bard dicho gave.
    That was a bug, and the nerf ranks among the best changes of the year. Infinite mana is broken.
    Just cause you have an ability doesn't mean you should be able to use it indefinitely.

The devs have stated repeatedly they want resource management to start being a thing again. This is part of that.
    Sheex and Sindaiann like this.
  8. Moldar Augur

Resource management without a suffcient class aa or spell to regenerate a sufficient amount of mana is poor design on their part.

Personally if Dichotomic psalm is going to be as is now, then Scarlet Cheetah Fang needs to be reworked entirely. Either significantly boosting our damage by X % on all spells / discs / melee strikes. Also get rid of the 100% mana penalty on a class that has 0 innate aa / spell tools to regenerate a sufficient amount of mana on their own

Otherwise it needs to simply be changed to consume endurance rather than mana for its full duration.

In its current state unless you can burn down the target in less than 2 minutes it is near worthless for the ranger casting it to use it themselves. It is still beneficial to cast on group members, however there is no incentive for rangers to cast this if the fight lasts longer than 2 minutes.

At least with Auspice of the Hunter we get the benefits without any penalty ( unless you want to add a 100% mana cost to the ranger casting that as well)

I know I have taken it off my hot bars for good

PS.

If the devs want resource management to be a thing then hybrids needs to utilize both endurance and mana since are part fighters and part casters.

Changing dichotomic, and the arrow spells to go off endurance would help utilize this rather untouched resource that the devs supposedly want us to "manage"
  9. Thraine Augur

But this is my problem with it, every other class in the raid will be able to put the pedal to the floor and everythings fine, the rangers on the other hand will never be able to crank the dps up to max without our dps hitting rock bottom 2 mins later .. we have no AAs or abilities to regen mana, just our cotf BP and the horn of unity but they aren't very much.

Man this next expac better be good lol
  10. Brohg Augur

You should maybe take a look at graphs of your guild's berserkers' and rogues' dps and how that plays out past 2 mins...
    Sheex likes this.
  11. Schadenfreude Augur

Those classes have very solid burst DPS which fades away over time. We used to have poor burst but fairly decent sustained. Now the sustained is in the dumper, even Beastlords have a couple of mana return tools, we have nothing.

With the ludicrously long timer on our one decent DPS ability it's very possible to have it not available for 50% of events which means other melee classes get the best aDPS support and so the cycle of garbage continues until you recruit only enough Rangers to keep Auspice running for your real DPS and dump them in the forgotten groups with apps and that spare Cleric.
  12. Thraine Augur

I think the worst part is this isnt even a ranger nerf, wait till the "Wheel of Nerfs" land on us, they are gonna wreak havoc on us with a furious rage lol
  13. Xdevlx Journeyman

You guys WILL sustain better if they nerf your SCF, the reason you guys go OOM so fast is because when you use that, the next 120 spells you cast will be double mana cost. If they brought that down to say... 60? I feel you would be in much better shape. I don't think there's too many classes that would be able to keep their mana pool up if they had to cast 120 spells at double the mana cost, regardless of if they have some sort of mana recovery ability or not.
  14. Evileen Journeyman

Scarlet doesn't need to be changed, in a raid setting without a bard in group I only run dry on mana around the 9-10 minute mark. As stated in one of the other comments on this thread if you utilize QM's, Paragons, Circle of Mana, Horns and Mod Rods then you're in pretty good shape unless the event lasts for a long time at which point you will hit a wall eventually. I haven't changed my playstyle one bit and still spam Dicho and Summer's just fine and include the revamped DoT. If as a ranger you're having troubles once Scarlet is hit and after then perhaps you're in several slots of group gear or don't know how to properly role mana regen abilities.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

I have every mana regen toy (except a Kiss, that's on my Beastlord, random rewards are random) and without a Bard I'm running OOM long before 10 minutes. Focused Paragon will either be cast on a healer or the Beastlord will use it on themselves. Asking random Clerics for QM? I cannot imagine they or the raid leader would be terribly impressed.

An in-group Horn rotation would be of some value this is true however outside of the hardcore guilds the majority won't have one or if they do have one don't understand when they should be clicking it.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

The manaburn change was a gut punch this is the uppercut that puts us (and Beastlords) on the floor.
  17. Evileen Journeyman

Why would the raid leader or cleric even remotely care? In my guild at least, I was told before I started sending tells that the QM was rarely ever used. This is most likely because our clerics role Yaulp, Veturika's and Mod Rods well enough to not need it for themselves so that leaves QM going to Druids, Beastlords, Wizards, Magicians, Enchanters, Necromancers, Shamans and Rangers. Necros and Shamans don't need QM if they know how to play so that drops it down to 6 people to use it on. Enchanters don't *normally* have a mana problem from what I've seen so now we're down to 5. Druids and Magicians don't do enough DPS compared to Wizards, Beastlords and Rangers so now we're down to 3. So out of 3 classes the QM would not be wasted on, Rangers and Wizards are pretty close so it's a toss up between the 2 unless you have bad wizards or bad rangers, Beastlords are a maybe for the adps but regular DPS wise they're a bit too low. So it's probably just a difference of the skill level of your warriors/clerics/DPS as a whole where QM might not be good to use on a DPS class. Tanks taking a lot of damage = clerics using more mana and might need for self due to events being strung out too long because DPS is slacking.
  18. Chaosflux Augur

Clerics that waste QM on themselves or other healers are generally not good. Focused Para on a healer is a pretty big waste as well.

Healers in general will be the last in the raid to go OOM.
  19. Derpyderp Journeyman

In a min/max guild (you could get away with this in probably ROI,MS,Triton) you could ask for and understandably get a QM. Even there you would be hard pressed to be the one getting it without being the 'top performer' or the persons friends, or even a longstanding member.

They essentially traded reliance on some one inside the group (which is fine, working together to coordinate a groups dps and resource management is OK and even GOOD in my book) to relying on 10-12 people in the raid to help un-handicap you.

This isn't resource management, it's straight up survival of the meek. Even with unlimited resources we were not beating wizards, zerkers, rogues, etc. There was no reason for such a massive change that essentially handicaps two classes (primarily).

I've said this before, i'm not the type of person to whine and quit and I don't even consider this whining it's just stating facts. If they have some type of game plan to right the sinking vessel please share the information, otherwise this is legitimately the worst beastlords have been since Pre-house of thule.
  20. Kaliko Augur

How bad are your beastlords that they need dicho to compete in dps with others? Our best sustained over 150k on a 1ks wither and decay fight..... and thats casually nuking with occasional dots and no qm's and using self mana management.