Question and potential problem regarding LoN's shutdown

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tnexus, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Tnexus Journeyman

Since probably 99% of players don't know this, in order to register to trade in LoN, you must buy a booster pack from the LoN store (now defunct), or through the Marketplace and then restart the client twice. Now packs are going to no longer be for sale come July 18th. So any account that hasn't done this before this date cannot be be traded with for the final month of LoN's existence.

So I forsee there's going to be a lot of last minute angry people with secondary accounts if this doesn't get addressed before the cutoff date.
  2. Eanelder Augur

Unfortunately, the number of people who will be impacted by this is likely not significant enough for them to take action. They've indicated this by the way they've handled the closing of the product.

So this message is best served to worn players who may want to grab some loot in that final month. I've already started to compile a list of friends who I'm willing to gift my better items to in case I don't sell them all; I will have to make sure they are capable of trading before then!
    FixShamanPlease likes this.
  3. RadarX Augur

There are no plans to adjust the trading guidelines for Legends of Norrath. They've been in place for, to my memory, at least 5 years. We don't make any secret of them and at this point are just encouraging folks to claim their loot to ensure it gets out of LON.

If someone is sitting on a lot of loot cards and trying to move that stuff, I can certainly understand it, but is definitely an edge case.

Completely legitimate concern though and we appreciate you highlighting it.
  4. Lily Augur

"All loot rewards and packs in the Legends of Norrath client will need to be open and claimed on your character prior to when the servers close to ensure that your loot rewards are available in EverQuest and EverQuest II."
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...gends-of-norrath-closure-notification.233450/

Can we get an official reply as to whether we need to /claim the rewards, or just redeem them? Two official posts use the word claim, not redeem, so this is confusing.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why push the redeeming or claim? I don't mean this bad at all but as RadarX said on original LON closure thread in response to someone elses question on redeeming their 500 cards:

"I would strongly recommend trying it before the closure date. At this time we have the ability to see both sides of the item from LON and in the game. In the event something doesn't go through we should be able to resolve that."

He is right, if something fails in the future they will not have access to the other side. I already had a LON item fail from my claim window yesterday where it had been for a few weeks. They were able to fix it but had I waited I would not have gotten the item returned to me.
  6. Lily Augur

Because I don't know which characters I want to claim them on. Not all items are heirloom.
  7. RadarX Augur

As LON will no longer be available you will need to consume the loot cards in the LON client. Once they are in the game they should be fine.
  8. Lily Augur

Thank you.
  9. Aaikan Journeyman

A day late and a dollar short...

Every now and then, I take a few months break from the game and the forums. How disappointing to hear that not only has LON been discontinued, but that the unclaimed loot items in my three accounts, have all been lost!

I have spent literally hundreds of dollars on LON cards over the years, accumulating dozens of loot items, including mounts, baubles, potions, familiars, illusions etc., most of which I held unclaimed until deciding which account (for the tradable items) or which character to assign them to. There was no rush to do so.

Until I log in today to read that I only had until August to clean them out. Really DBG? After almost 10 years, you give us only 60 days notice? What recourse do I have to claim my items?

Very poor form, gentlemen.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Ahnanna New Member

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say: None.

The game stopped seeing active development long ago. I can't imagine it would have cost that much money to keep the server(s?) running.

On the other hand I imagine active players of the game were pretty low. Which they have been ever since they killed the game with the whole 'standard' decks thing where older sets were retired. Instead of admitting they screwed up and reversing that they stubbornly went plowed forward and now we see how well that worked out.

A bit off topic there but it's just sad to see how that game was handled. While I was never very good at it I did enjoy playing it.
  11. Duality Augur

And 4 weeks before announcing it was being shutdown, they we're pushing sales in the log in ticker for booster packs that weren't going to be available.. So I even bought them then, and probably have spent $500-$1000 since it opened. When they were pushing the sales for boosters again I even bought a bunch then, thinking I would re-learn it and start doing the tourneys I always meant to do and never had a chance.. I was really not happy with that crap.... Almost like a bait and switch. If enough people would have complained there could have been a class action law suit if you had recently bought the packs. But, as the reason it was shut down, a lot of people long forgot about it therefore it wasn't a good business decision to keep it up. (Should have automatically claimed everything, or given SOME kind of account credit, DBC, all access time, based on what you paid into it... something... but it's obviously too late for that...)

12. Duality Augur

IMO they killed it with how fast it's expansions were

13. Nolrog Augur

Nah. They killed it when they stopped putting out those expansions.
  14. Derpyderp Journeyman

Daybreak has gone full CS:GO technically it's gambling to buy packs and 'randomly' get rewards (always has been) I'm still curious how they get around it legally since can't "Keep what you win" (legally the account belongs to daybreak even after you claim an item on it)
  15. Aaikan Journeyman

I'm a solution oriented individual but I'm still miffed at missing the small window to have some disposition for my unclaimed items (yes, in comparison to how long the game was active, 60 days is a small window).

So DBG, I propose a solution:
    • Fire Up those servers for another 60 days. (Really, I'll pay the electric bill if necessary)
    • If you can't or won't refund those that purchased xpacks in the last few months, give them some kind of remuneration in the form of play time, Krono or Daybreak Cash
    • Take the credit for coming up with this great solution, or -
    • Give something back to the players in the form of a positive CS response: "You Spoke and We Listened" and get some positive cred for your CS team and organization. (Hey, it worked with Star Trek, TOS back in the late 60's.. if any of you were even alive back then...)
    Considering that LoN apparently had so few players, and yet several are speaking up here, statistically it must be a significant percentage of those active players who were affected by this change, no?

C'mon DBG. Do something selfless that's just for the players. It'll make you feel good. I'll stop working my /begging skill. And while it may not be a revenue generator, it's never a bad thing to make your customers happy with such a small investment of resources.