12 attacks hotkeyed to 1 bar

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Pulvarien, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Pulvarien Journeyman

I am trying hotkeying 12 different attacks to my bar, here they are in order, 1 torrent, 2 synergy,3 flying kick, 4 tiger claw, 5 stunning kick, 6 zalikors fang, 7 vig shuriken, 8 cloud of fists, 9 banestrike, 10 curses of the 13, 11 eye gouge, 12 sting of the wasp.

Id appreciate your opinions, are some attacks just a waste of space at this level of game? What do you think and why please.
  2. Brudal Augur

Not a monk, but I can only run 1 aa hotkey per key binding without interrupting the other aa's on the bind.

You may have an issue running zalikor and cloud as they are both timer 16, same with synergy and sting being timer 8.
  3. Pulvarien Journeyman

Synergy and sting are fine, cloud tho seems to take some time to fire so far.
  4. Sarcogian Augur

As a raiding monk, this is the ideal setup. Remove cloud of fists and eye gouge though. Put bane strike at the beginning of the mash Reason 1) cloud of fists shares a timer with zalikor I think can't remember off the top of my but it sucks compared to what it shares. Reason 2) eye gouge procs off tiger claw so you're creating a casting bind that won't allow anything to fire until eye gouge is back. Reason 3) banestrike doesn't follow the casting bind since it is its own timer but it can still create ripples of down time in between button mashes and now you're a couple seconds off from pressing fk when it's actually up.
  5. Xdevlx Journeyman

I'm not able to log into the game atm (aka the only time I come to the forums), so this is all just coming from memory, and I can't confirm any of this, just fyi. I think the reason that your multibind is having an issue, starting with cloud is because its the second AA in the line on your multibind. You can't have two AA in a single key multibind or things start to act really funny. Because of this reason I have 2 or 3 keys that I press constantly. Firstly, you need to drop sting of the wasp, as its on the same timer as synergy, and you def. want to be using synergy > SotW. Vigorous Shrunken is all but useless, and I would bet its imparsable. You def want to listen to Sarc (He's so smart, and dreamy) about dropping eye gouge, I'm almost positive it shares a timer with Stunning kick, and you definitely want to be using stunning kick > eye gouge because you have the chance to proc thunderfoot off of stunning kick (at least you used to, idk wtf procs thunderfoot anymore tbh) , and I think there's some monk AA that lets you tiger claw attacks proc eye gouge w/o having to use the AA directly. What I use is "1" key: Banestrike, "2" key: synergy, torrent, fkick, tclaw, stunning kick, zalikor's, and curse of the 13, "3" key: drunken monkey, because.... why not. If you need any help in game lmk
    ;t cazic.xdevlx
  6. Sarcogian Augur

Pretty much spot on. There's lots of alternatives to the monk mash button. Op has the order in which to fire correct and that's 75% of the struggle. To come back to you xdev, stunning kick used to fire tfoots but not anymore. It was patched to be changed to only the initial press of flying kick. But stunning kick shares a timer with eye gouge and some other as disc. But eye gouge can be procs off of tiger claw so that's deemed useless since it can proc off something already in the mash order. But with the advice xdev can give you in game definitely shoot him a message.
    Xdevlx likes this.
  7. Murphy Elder

monks only need 2 keys:

1) train the raid
    2) heal me I am a mana sponge.