Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skyward71, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Skyward71 New Member

Hey I was wondering if Ragefire was on luclin now? I was thinking about returning if it was.
  2. Skeetari Lorekeeper

Not yet. All the new TLP are on Velious. Phinny starts Luclin on September 28th. Not sure on Ragefire and Lockjaw
  3. Skyward71 New Member

Well that sucks :( Got tired of Velious. Thank you!
  4. Banecrow Elder

Come to Phinny then, we get Luclin in 11 days.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  5. yukan Augur

Ragefire is still alive and kicking. Better XP rates will be a big deal come Luclin too. But no, our Luclin vote won't happen until late October.
  6. Adonhiram Augur

Absolutely, I am surprised no one raised yet the AA xp issue, where Phinny folks will start again struggling once their character(s) have been brought to 60.

To reply to our OP, it is said the vote on LJ/RF will take place on October 28th.
  7. Bobalob New Member

The struggle you reference is alleviated, in part, by our population, instanced zones, and the social factor of grouping with individuals versus box crews. (which in turn, are generally more responsive/efficient that an individual trying to alt tab repeatedly)

I think we prefer our social setting, groups, and ability to raid over the quick race to nowhere.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  8. Tunare Lorekeeper

Ragefire gets a extra month of velious because DBG didn't know how to tune mobs in Velious, so several were unkillable, not to mention, Vulak didn't even spawn once they were killable.
  9. Jaime Lannister Augur

I highly doubt the vast majority of boxers on RF are Alt Tabbing =p
    sifonin, Adonhiram and Zool like this.
  10. Dobs123 New Member

Obviously you left RF or LJ when Phinigel started, as most of the boxers left for Phini to farm their Krono. Both the population of RF and LJ are primarily made up of people NOT boxing. Yes, you still have a couple mega boxers and some that box groups, but for the most part non-boxers make up the majority. If you think there aren't a massive number of people on Phini boxing you are very delusional.

The main guilds on LJ are FI, DHS, MP, PoF, Damage - forgive me if I left out a guild. Those guilds raid as mostly individuals. The population is very much lower now on LJ since Phini opened, but the groups you see roaming around Velks and other exp zones are mostly pick up groups. The toxicity of LJ ended when people left for Phini. LJ is a very relaxed environment and raids are getting pretty much what ever they want - with a rotated Sleepers Tomb (verison 1.0 with the sleeper still sleeping).
  11. arwilly Lorekeeper

12. Adonhiram Augur

Seems we have found a sensible point in our wonderful Phinnyverse, he :p
  13. Polekn Augur

They are watching a movie while their box crew kills stuff.
  14. bodes Augur

Vulak doesn't have any toxicity either. We have revived our raid community and it's a very relaxing place to play now as most raid mobs are uncontested, come join us!
  15. AgentofChange Augur

Having a 6 week head start in Luclin and a 4 month head start in PoP will probably help alleviate any xp difference between Phinny & Ragefire when it comes to AA...

I'll take slow xp over unreasonably long unlocks any day.
    Banecrow likes this.
  16. Brumski Augur

We've seen that a lot of people will take slow exp and no boxing in order to gain instanced raiding.
    If DBG made a TLP server that was boxable with instanced raiding (and a lower pickzone threshold) it would probably be even more successful than Phinny and retain more players in the long run beyond OOW.
  17. Phinius Elder

Correct!
  18. Adonhiram Augur

Instanced or not, can someone tell me if the spawn rates (which we know to be longer than in Velious era) will be the same as in original Luclin on live servers ?
  19. Smackage Journeyman

I believe I read that it is not accelerated spawns for any openworld on Phinny or RF/LJ
  20. Duality Augur

Phinni with it's xp rate should be 4-6 month releases.. Obviously with instances and 1 week lock outs on raids, that doesn't make sense.. Something needs to change, either 10-14 day lockouts to force a LITTLE bit of competition with the xp rate un-changed. Or raise xp rate, and make it 60-75 day releases. I actually hope they remove the true box code eventually, even if it's window restricted with no extra software. Later on it really won't matter, might even benefit to the lack of groups. (unless they are clicks)