Having forum issues here, anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Cicelee Augur

So this started a couple days ago for me, out of the blue. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this, or knows how to fix it.

I can choose any forum or forum sub section and my web browser immediately goes to that forum. When I am within a thread, I can go forward/backward within the pages of the thread immediately. I can choose a page number and my web browser immediately goes there.

However when I click on any thread, it takes me about 1-2 minutes for the thread to load. This happens on my laptop, my tablet, my phone, anything. It was always instantaneous several days ago, but now it takes forever to access a thread.

Please advise. Thanks in advance for your help on this matter.
  2. Ishtass Augur

I haven't experienced that
  3. Gialana Augur

Occasionally something similar happens to me. I'll click on threads and open them just fine. Then I'll click on another, and it will hang. Usually I give up and leave the site for a while. When I come back, I can click on that problematic thread without problem.

So I assume there's some occasional latency with internet connection to the forum server.
  4. Gundolin Augur

Which Browser are you using? I have run into issues with Internet Explorer's interface with the forums. You may want to try using a few browsers and see which works best.
  5. kizant Augur

6. Ishtass Augur

I have an adblocker and use chrome if that helps any
  7. Geroblue Augur

There is a post on the side of the forums that state that they are having network issues.

I can understand the link to Magelo, but I am also seeing 'waiting for www.soe.com' messages when I open a thread here to read it.
  8. Vanrau Augur

What you are experiencing is most likely lag. You can run a tracert from a command line to forums.daybreakgames.com to find out if there is a routing issue to the forums if that happens, or ping that address several times.

Depending on how the forums are set up here, most forum packages are set up to cache the listing of forums since that doesn't change. Caching will pull up pages without needing to reload new content. The only thing that normally isn't set up to cache is of course topics and posts. Now there could be problems server side with the site, however if that was the case then you would see many other people complain.

You can block soe.com so you don't have to wait on whatever is trying to load. I noticed that a while back and adblocked the domain since it's not needed.
  9. valiantSeven Elder

I haven't had this particular problem, but I have been noticing a weird problem where threads just disappear out of nowhere. It's not with all threads, though, usually just the ones where you try to voice an opinion on pretty much anything -- especially when it's an incredibly frustrating topic that normally would catch the attention of developers and/or customer service in any other game that actually cares about its playerbase. It's really weird.
  10. Kukaw Augur

I am having this exact same issue as well.
    I use FireFox, but I tried it on IE and it does the same thing.
    Also it doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not (tried it just in case).
  11. Perplexed Augur

Same problem for me. I'm using Firefox on laptop and PC, it's taking 1-2 minutes to load the thread on both puters. The only odd thing I've noticed is "Magelo" and "Norton" in part of 2 different thread addresses. But I'm not very savvy on how to trace or fix things, anyone have a simple solution?
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Firefox seems to be having issues loading anything lately, not just EQ forums. Even reinstalling Firefox does not help.
  13. Danille Augur

I am having the same problem cicely. Using firefox too.
  14. Grove Augur

Same problem for me. Mostly I switched to Firefox because Microsoft superimposes Everquest titles over the text. However, both browsers are doing the same thing in the last 3 or 4 days. I can select a forum heading and sub group but when it comes to focusing on a thread, then it takes about two minutes to see the discussion.
  15. Gerzer Lorekeeper

Same issue except it's only when connected to my fios router. Even after a reboot and flush of everything. If I hit same site page using my phone on LTE, page loads right away.