Item click buffs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chorus, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Chorus Augur

Is it just me, or do all of those item buffs now do nothing at all? Every single one I have adds no stats whatsoever.
  2. Randragon Augur

Yeah, there is a lot of stacking issues they can't seem to get around. And what was once an upgrade to stats now won't even make a dent in them on those clickies.
  3. Chorus Augur

yah, I haven't played in quite a while and haven't looked closely at those for quite a bit longer. Good to know I'm not completely senile
  4. Gialana Augur

For most items that give stats, once you click it, it enables a 0-cost AA (in the General tab) that gives you the appropriate statistics. It also gives you a permanent buff called "Shadow" of something. That buff can be dispelled or clicked off, but you will still keep the statistics. So, if you click the item again, you won't gain additional stats; you'll just give the buff icon in your effects window back, if it had disappeared.

The only way to change the stats is to click an item with a higher level version of the buff or use the AA in General tab that resets all of the item click AAs. You can know if the item click was supposed to give you additional stats because you'll see a bunch of AAs earned at 0 cost after you click. The one exception I can think of is Soothing Breath and Knowledge of the Past. Those both give mana and health regen. And they overwrite each other, so you might see the AA messages but loose, gain, or break even on the mana regen or health regen.
    Gundolin likes this.
  5. Randragon Augur

There are a number of clickies out there that give you stats that are not under the Shadow Buff realm. There are illusions and familiars that supposed to give you attack, damage shields etc. that don't come into the AA Buff realm. Yet those items have stacking issues with other buffs and stacking items.

Now whether it is a stacking item issue or the buff with the highest stat wins out type thing. it should be looked at. I have numerous clickies that don't stack with others that have nothing to do with the shadow buffs/AA additions.
  6. Chorus Augur

This is how I noticed these buffs aren't doing anything. I upgraded a toon with an AC buff that was about 4 expansions later than the one he had...and it added 0 ac. So I picked up a HP Buff, and again, no additional HP. Those item buffs that go to the AA window are the ones that are not working. You still get a nice buff icon though, but if you check the info on it, it also says does nothing right on the link.
  7. --Voodoo-- Augur

The buff doesn't do anything, and isn't supposed to. The AAs do. There was some recent bugginess with them though.

Disable your item AAs, then re-do them, noting your before and after stats. If it doesn't work or the stats/AA aren't what they should be, bug report it.

I just checked mine and they worked fine. (I assume the AC ones are correct, but I don't know the actual values I should see.) Mine are all low level versions though, so I can't say if higher levels are working right.
  8. Sindaiann Augur

Also ensure if you are changing Stat mounts you look at the mount tab and change the Stat mount to the one you want to use. Otherwise when you click it it will result in whatever the other mount is that is sitting in that slot.
  9. Chorus Augur

mine definitely aren't working. I've tried the toggle and no change before/after. Maybe this is why I shouldn't have let me account idle for a year :p hah