Time to up the level of Heroic charactors maybe?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kukaw, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Kukaw Augur

Just to start I am not crying for this. I just wouldn't mind if it were done is all.
    More "easy button"? Prolly.
    But what would be the harm? I think it would help get more toons to max a lot quicker.

I think up to 92 would be ok. I know 85-92 isnt that far off, but the power of toons and mobs are. Also if the level (max) increases to 110 like some think then this would be even better.

I have 2 toons that I recently just started leveling and I am having fun doing it, and I am going to continue leveling them no matter what, but I have a 3rd that I realy never even thought about leveling until recently. She's a rogue and has been at 61 forever. She is just my poison maker.
    Well with the new quests out there I was thinking of making her Heroic, and that's when I started thinking about maybe its time.

Anyways just wondering what everyone else thought too.
    If its a negative thing then that is fine just leave it, but if its a positive thing then it might be cool if they did it.
    Skuz, snailish and disgruntled like this.
  2. Failcon New Member

Thatd be nice, i know eq2 just upped their heroic characters to 95 from 85 and also gave everyone a free one so:p
  3. Mirthe Journeyman

Totally agree, and I would buy several heroic characters if they did this. Needs to be either 95 or 100 to tempt me.

85 is just a pain, because it means several days of hardcore grinding before you can play with everyone else (assuming you don't have some level 105 who can swarm or something, to powerlevel yourself -- I don't).
  4. Kantan New Member

Honestly I'd just be happy if they tweaked them a bit. It would be nice if they added a few weapon options with heroics. Like knights getting a 2-hander in their bags, warriors an extra sword/2-hander. Even priest/casters/monks could have a 2-hander too. Sometimes it's annoying not to have that other option.

I'd really like if they got rid of the faction requirements for 86-90 rank2s. I'd also like that the characters just come with augs, the HoT and ferrott quest are duable at 85 in heroic gear, but is really hard for some classes, and just time consuming. I thought heroics were meant you could "jump" into the higher lvls and all, not have to spend hours getting augs for gear that feels a bit underwhelming now a days.

I'm sure a lot of people would hate it, but I'd love for heroics to come with some part of epics done. I know, I know, they're not hard at all at today's max level. But still, I don't think it would be that bad if they came with some part or even dare I say all of your epics done.

In any case, I'd just love if they tweak heroics to be a bit more current/prepared to be able to just play. Just my two copper.
  5. disgruntled Augur

If they raise the cap to 110 this fall, I would not buy unless the HC were 100.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  6. JPete Lorekeeper

Should just go to 100. If you are buying a character, it should be able to begin inside the world immediately and 100 is the starting point for TDS/TBM.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Skuz and snailish like this.
  7. snailish Augur

I agree with increasing the level of Heroic Characters, imo do it right (like a month) before the next expac drops.

Level 100 Heroic, with the Merc quest done. Possibly some of the other suggestions... for the current price. Ready to go do last 2 expac content with no extra gearing/questing needed.

Level 85 becomes a much cheaper marketplace option. Be interesting to see if it still sells.

In preparation for future Quarm events, create the following templates:

-A level 30s, full twilight Sea & Luclin weapon fully skilled up character option
    -51/50 already exists
    -A 65/500 (or whatever AA count makes sense) as per 51/50
    -A 70/*** as per 51/50.

Then, make the 30, 51/50, 65/500, 70/*** options an account-wide unlock you purchase for $10 a piece in the marketplace. I would buy all 4. OR... make this perk a feature of the next expansion.
  8. Cleaver Augur

I would buy more if they were 95-100
  9. Crayon123 Augur

Echoing the EQ2 movement of upping to level 100 and giving one free to current subscribers and returning players.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Behee and Skuz like this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree, I think each level rise that goes in they should raise up the heroic character feature so it always trails by one level-raise rather than becomes obsolete.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Millianna Augur

I would say no to this. Honesty, we do not need an army of 100s who have no idea how to play there class. It does not take long to get from 85 to 100 with the HZ quest.
  12. p2aa Augur

Atm, it's lvl 85 heroic character for a lvl 105 max level, so 20 levels difference.
    Bumping this to lvl 100 while people are lvl 105 at new expansion start (most won't be lvl 110 right away) seems too much boost for me.
    You go from a 20 levels difference to a 5-10 level difference ?
    I would go for 90-95 max here, OP suggestion of 92 is reasonable.
  13. Zalamyr Augur

When they were added it was a 15 level difference (85 to 100), so I think it's fair to say it should stay at least that close.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It feels like it's time - assuming the next expansion is level 110. If you're going to continue to use Heroic Toons as a way to reel back old players or *gasp* bring in new players this would make EQ a bit less daunting.

The thought of grinding Dead Hills in pick up groups for these kinds of players makes me want to vomit a little, though lol. So boring...
  15. Millianna Augur

It's already horrible as it is. There are people who are 105 and have never grouped with a real player.
  16. Zalamyr Augur

I've got news for you. We already have an army of 105s with no idea how to play their class. And most of them have been playing for 15+ years. Good players will play a heroic character at an acceptable level within a few days. Bad players will continue to be bad forever, regardless of whether or not you make them get carried through a handful of extra levels.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Thancra like this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Why do you care? If they're putting money into EQ, they're helping you.

I have level 105 mains, and they're not heroics. And I haven't grouped in YEARS. And it's absolutely no skin off your nose.

Tat

PS - if you group with someone and they're really bad, perhaps give them some pointers instead of just about it.
  18. Yara_AB Augur

Just to mention:

On EQ2 heroics got upped for the 2nd time now:
    sept 2013: Introduction of HC at lvl 85 (Playerlevel: 95 I think - HCs came in after chains of eternity)
    jan 2015: Lvl raised to 90 (Playerlevel 100 since nov 2014 - Alter of Malice)
    aug 2016: Lvl raised to 95 (Player's max level still 100 - might change with the upcoming expansion though)

In both cases players had a chance to boost their existing HCs to the new level for free.

So EQ HCs got sort of the short end of the stick so far, whereas EQ2 HCs sort of leveled along increased level caps.

Personally I could see it reasonable to stick with the 10 levels - so having HCs at 95 would make sense to me - even having them at 90 would be ok.
    The only thing is the merc quest that was created for HCs initially ... but well ...
  19. Hamedore New Member

If heroic characters are upgraded to lvl 95, will it be possible for people who already claimed their gear to claim new upgraded gear ?
  20. moogs Augur

We already have this. Join almost any raid.
    Zheros likes this.