sale thread deleted ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zamiam Augur

I was browsing the posts this afternoon before work and saw the membership sale thread and read it and was the first i saw of this sale so I took advantage of it and bought for my main account.. wanted to post something but DB was having some network issues so couldnt log in ... came back tonight (early am) and cant find the post . was it deleted ? this sale getting too much attention ? 71.99 for full year is a great deal.. thinking of getting it for my other 3 accounts ..
  2. Warpeace Augur

It pops up on the patcher when you go to log in so I don't think they are trying to hide it. Maybe the post just got pushed down.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Can't speak to whether they're trying to hide it, but there >was< a thread in this forum, Zamiam is not imagining it.

Tat
  4. savrin Augur

They probably deleted the thread because it was started by an angry entitled person who could not buy the sale for whatever reason bashing DBG. And the whole thread deteriorated from there. So it's not surprising the thread is gone. You can see the details and link of the sale in the patcher.
  5. Derd Augur

That thread went off the rails in many directions. I'm not surprised it was removed and yes they do have the right to remove. It is a great sale just don't do it if you already have grandfathered account but that's just my opinion.
    Scila likes this.
  6. Anastasis Elder

It depends on what kind of deal it is and your time frame. If you are grandfathered with the $90 yearly, and you think EQ will last more than 1 year, then don't do it.
  7. Zamiam Augur

na i missed out on that deal when they had it .. I have 6 accounts, but really only play 3 at a time and for the past year or so ive only been paying for my main account in 3mo increments and using krono on others when needed to go gold.. so this 6/mo deal is good for the next year.. i'll cancel sub once done so i dont get charged the 120 sub fee next year :p just deciding if i want to pay for another 2 of my accounts or keep them f2p for now
  8. Zamiam Augur

also wanted to know what happens if i sub for the year then cancel then resub again for the 71.99 would that get me 2 years at 6/mo ? or would DB not allow that
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Has it been confirmed that it makes you lose the $90 grandfathered rate?, or is it just people worried because of the 'will renew at the standard rate' language in the promotion?
  10. Derd Augur

Not confirmed but without confirmation I wouldn't chance it. It would be a "Change in membership" and as such could be construed as breaking the agreement as tenuous as it is anyway. I doubt we'll see much more in the way of comments from anyone with it being the weekend so unless something pops up soon I'm just going to stay with what I have.
  11. Numiko Augur

I miss the triple station cash followed by 50% off sales on everything in the marketplace sale back when you could buy time with SOE coins .. i think i ended up with almost 2 and a half years of free play from that!!
  12. Ickles New Member

we've run the game so far into the ground that dr. alan grant is evaluating the scoliosis of our fossilized death throes. six bux a month!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.