Would like to FORAGE my previous skill level back

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zheros, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Zheros Lorekeeper

So prior to the patch that seems to have caused huge train wrecks for everyone......

DBG went and apparently decided to make the Forage AA a "Racial Innate", and apparently decided to RESET everyone's Forage to the max it could be without buying the 1st rank of the Forage AA, this kinda sucks on trying to rebuild what had once been maxed out.

Now to me the words "Racial Innate" implies that the character was born with the ability (see upcoming Iksar comment) end of story. I mean they chose the terminology here.

I had: 2 Rangers, 1 (of 2) Druids, 2 Bards, An Iksar Shaman (you know from when Kunark was first released and all Iksar's had the ability to forage innately as a racial ability) and Iksar Beastlord all maxed out on their Forage skill. Now the long and tedious tasks of rebuilding............. WTG DB what a perfect way to destroy returning players loyalty with all the friggin nerfs, it makes people think "why did I come back to this?"o_O

So before I finish my /rant, anyone know if the skill is now bugged? I mean seriously, 500 forage attempts to gain 1 point on my Druid who was the first toon to max the skill out (and kept it maxed out) even with the AA perks.

So WHY DB did you feel the need to mess with an ability that takes forever to max out in the first place? And why not just GIVE the FORAGE ability to everyone via the Actions > Ability window?

Thanks for seriously wasting all that time people put into building the damn skill when previously, other abilities such as Sense Heading were granted to everyone at a maxed out skill level.

Even with a simple forage hotkey macro and/or keybinding it still takes f***ing forever to rebuild.

NO, I honestly don't expect to receive an OFFICIAL DB rep. response, but like everyone else complaining about the patch, I need to vent the frustration. Course I might actually die of shock if I do get an official response.
    Warpeace and Miss_Jackie like this.
  2. Draego Augur

I hear ya man, same boat as you and just don't get it............

I mean it is almost like the Dev's got together and asked themselves:

"How can we royally piss off our customer base so we can Sundown EQ before we have to announce were gonna be a year late on the expansion release, only to turn this into another EQNext issue?"

Great job with the recent series of Game Killing Nerf Patches guys.

You just make me want to keep giving you money, NOT !!!
  3. Nytewolf Journeyman

I hope you get a reply! I and many others have yet to have a single comment about PP AA consolidation. So here is hoping!
    Zheros likes this.
  4. Draego Augur

PP is another one that just erks me.... ok so I had a couple really old toons who this didn't affect but dang seriously 35 AA's to repurchase a single point of a skill we may have had maxed for toons this did affect? /Boggle

I mean since they made that change the least they could do is make the cost reasonable, say 2 or 3 for each of the seven attributes (permanently locked) so it would never cost more than say 14 or 21 points to get a single rank.
    Zheros likes this.
  5. Draego Augur

Oh yeah, 1 more /Boggle!

You can be on a mount and forage, but can't forage while your sitting ????

Seriously I mean I hope they realize that your much closer to the ground with your rump firmly planted on the surface, than you'd ever be on a mount (even the Cragslither mounts) o_Oo_O:oops:
  6. Zheros Lorekeeper

Not sure if you were trying to quote me or actually meant to snag Draego's comment.....

Either way would sure as heck be nice to get a response....I already have ambulatory services waiting in the event I do get a reply and start to keel over.....LOL :p:D
  7. Thraine Augur

what are you rebuilding? im a wood elf ranger and before the patch my forage was 265, after the patch its 265 .. i feel like im not understanding the complaint here
  8. Zheros Lorekeeper

Then like all those lucky bast**s that got missed over by the PP nerf, you got lucky.

Every one of the toon types I listed above were refunded their forage aas, and were taken back to their max skill limit without those aas,so having to rebuild.

Just saying they really screwed up a lot of crap with this aa consolidation thing for a lot of people, just apparently in many different ways. What's so hard to understand about that?
  9. Warpeace Augur

Removing that first AA that was level 51 required even if they refunded the cost to purchase reset some people back to a forage skill of 200 post patch when they were at 250 before the patch and already purchased it. Some of these accounts are no longer all access so now they are locked at 200 forage skill unless you spend the $15 for a month to re acquire what they screwed up. Daybreak should address it and make it right.

It didn't affect my Bard's Forage skill but he was already max AA. I can see it affected Druids so its a legitimate issue. Some others had lost AA and just re purchased them and that's not real a big thing when the account is all access year round and not just pulled out, dusted off and used now and then.
    Zheros likes this.
  10. Thraine Augur

Well this consolidation thing was long overdue i guess, we had a ton of AAs that were all the same thing taking up space, to move the game forward i guess they have to make room for newer stuff. SoE wasnt concerned about moving forward cause they knew they were done with EQ so they didnt use resources to improve it.

Its not very cool that max AA toons dont get a forage reset, while non max AA toons do tho .. that seems kinda unfair.
    Thancra likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I'm not sure I have a complete understanding of all this but I am a half elf ranger level 90. Before patch I had forage maxed/250. The skill is now 212/250 in my skill window. Now I have 1 ONE AA in racial forage, out of 4 possible. Next level I can buy is not till level 96. So if its 6 levels (90 to 96) to buy each AA and I would need 3 more AA to max and at 6 levels each would be 18 levels I need to gain. Being level 90 + 18 = Level 108. Hmm new expansion?
  12. Derd Augur

13. Zheros Lorekeeper

Agreed.

Unfortunately the issue isn't about a Max AA toon, rather than them taking a maxed out skill from a toon that had bought the AAs they wanted and maxed the skill to its limit.

Just sucks that we now have to spend endless hours rebuilding multiple toons skills from 200 to 265 (or their individual max) when the characters already had the skill maxed.

That's why I said IF they wanted to give everyone Forage as a Racial Innate they should have just added it to the Actions windows on the Abilities tab (eg. you know where Iksars at level 1 and other races that have the ability innately find it whenever their class allowed them to access it). Then they could have given everyone access to the Forage AA as a perk to boost the ability beyond a racial innate (by this if memory serves correctly, the max forage skill for an Iksar was 50, so with the 4 ranks of Forage AA the new max would be 115).

Thats why I don't get why they forced a reset on toons that already had the Forage AA's and skill maxed. It really makes NO sense where they are going with the game anymore.
  14. --Voodoo-- Augur

I'm pretty sure the racial innate forage AA has been available to everyone for a long time. At least my mage and bard have had it long enough for me to forget when I got it. I'm not positive, but I don't believe either were refunded or lost any skill (though I wasn't max skill anyway).

What happened is they consolidated the Fortified Foraging AA that some classes had to be ranks 2-4 of the regular foraging for those classes. And it looks like they messed something up when they did it. Doubt it was intentional (though sadly that wouldn't guarantee a fix).

Keep making noise about it is really all you can do. /bug report in game, here, issue tracker...hopefully annoy them into a fix.
  15. Thraine Augur

I would definitely petition this, like i said my forage skill is just fine and ive talked to others and no one i know has to re-cap their forage.
  16. Grummy_NB Augur

Me too. I have an 85 druid that I use as a bot, ports and forage. He had full forage skill of 250.

After the patch he needs to level to 96 to gain the ability to gain more skill. what? he also had just enough AA to buy the one level you allowed.

I want my forage skill back, why are you taking away stuff from players who earned things.
    Behee and CatsPaws like this.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Hopefully they do the right thing.

Revamp the 3 ranks of Fortified Forage to instead reduce reuse on Forage by 20 seconds each instead of increasing skill cap by 5 each.

Skill cap forage beyond 200 is completely useless, it reaps no visible benefit. Having the base 100 second reuse on Forage reduced however would be very useful. With all the reduction in reuse AAs out there I'm surprised Forage never got one.
    Zheros likes this.
  18. Eaiana Augur

Its broken for Iksars too. You used to get a 50 innate skill, and then 50 more from the forage AA. Now its stuck at 50, no more foraging advantage from the Iksar race.
  19. Zheros Lorekeeper

Yes your right concerning the Racial Innate being there for a long time, bought it on my Pally a few years back and hes been 50/50 since. I took notice of the change in the AA when the additional ranks were merged. That's when I started noting the discrepancies.

As to using the issue tracker, I am not overly fond of it since a recent issue I addressed. I am thankful a friend tried to help and garner support, even though that turned into a forum fiasco. Ultimately Mr. Caraker (Lead Designer) admitted my issue had been the result of a bug, even though he initially misdiagnosed it by relating it to another bug issue.

I like the comment though I don't agree with the beyond 200 statement. On the major characters that were affected I noticed a drastic increase of being able to forage up those more rare items (epic related stuff for one and "clockwork grease" was another I saw an increase in) so those extra 50 points definitely worth it.

I most definitely agree they should change those 3 ranks from extending the ability further to reducing the reuse timer.

I just noticed that myself and was about to post that, thank you for catching this.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

As an Iksar Shaman, I also lost skill in Forage. But sadly I don't even have the option to just regrind out my missing points. Before the nerf I was at 100/100 forage, now I am at 65/65 with no new AA's to buy to increase the cap...