Is Fear raid broken?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kiras, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Kiras Augur

Earlier this week, my guild was doing PoFear golems in the TBM fear. The instance crashed during Fright (I'm not sure which %), and we found ourselves in the oldschool static fear upon logging back in. We've beaten the golems a number of times in the past.
    Another guild we know just had the same experience tonight, with the crash when Fright was at 25%.

Both guilds are on The Rathe. I'm wondering if we're just spectacularly unlucky or if there's a bug going on on our server, or on other servers. Anyone else run into this issue recently?
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

We had the same thing happen when Fright was at 1 percent. Also same thing in that when we logged back in, we were in the oldschool version of fear.
    It certainly looks like there might be an issue. This was on Xegony.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It happened to us on the RoV casual raids as well, the crash was far earlier - more like 75%. Did it the next night with another guild and all went well. I don't think any of the specters reached Fright or anything like that. Just the zone crashed.
  4. Ommina New Member

I hate be one of those people who replies to a thread with "me too!", but, "me too!". OK, OK, "us too".

Same thing, really. On Fright. No specters had arrived. Were somewhat below 25%, although I can't promise the exact value. Zone crashed spectacularly, and when we returned we were in the old Plane of Fear.

Did not lose the instance, but upon zoning back in, the "invulnerable" tags were back up, with insufficient minions to remove it again.

Drinal.
  5. Vdidar Augur

I guess we were lucky when it happened to us. The zone crashed upon us trying to zone in. I was put in the lobby.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

So you hadn't even engaged Fright? Or had someone perhaps run the wrong way and agro'd him triggering the crash?
  7. Vdidar Augur

We literally just tried zoning in. I think maybe two people made it in.
  8. Narye Augur

I was soooo sad when it broke... hahahaha
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

My guild did Golems last Sunday and had no issue.
  10. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

We had the zone crash and ended up in the oldschool fear as well. It happened while we were engaged with Fright, had him down to 5% I think.

Xegony server.
  11. Action-MNK Journeyman

Fright crashed the zone at 1%, and since all of our trash was cleared, we could not complete the raid instance as there will not be enough mobs to remove the boss protection. GG.
  12. Narogg Augur

13. Zunnoab Augur

Back in the day the Queen Sendaii event crashed due to mobs procing a charm and hitting player pets or something. If I recall, they fixed it by changing it to a spell.

Fear and charm are some of the most buggy mechanics in the entire game. It would not surprise me at all if fear (the effect) was behind this somehow.

I admit I never remember which golem is which off hand and whether it's fear or charm but I'd be surprised if one of those wasn't the root of it.
  14. Rewts New Member

Still having problem with this, last two times we went to fear Zone crashed while killing Fright. Anyone know a work around?
  15. Narogg Augur

I have a theory again!

Rogues dumped aggro on the main tank.
    [Wed Aug 31 21:53:55 2016] Caorn is singled out for hatred.
    [Wed Aug 31 21:53:55 2016] Fright snarls at their opponent.

[Wed Aug 31 21:54:19 2016] Caorn has been slain by Fright!

Main heal chain was on Caorn still so he survived a second.

Rogue dumps aggro on another tank

[Wed Aug 31 21:54:23 2016] Chasrarn is singled out for hatred.
    [Wed Aug 31 21:54:23 2016] Fright snarls at their opponent.
    [Wed Aug 31 21:54:24 2016] Chasrarn has been slain by Fright!

Instant death for chasrarn.

Main tank dies at 21:54:19
    The next A servant of fright poped at exactly at 21:53:19 it poped DIRECTLY on the raid and did its AE.
    The zone actually crashed at this second, but the game allows a 30 second buffer for connections

It took me 36 seconds to realize the zone had crashed.

So here is the theory.
    1.Use 1 tank the entire fight because when fright looses his target is when the zone crashes.
    2. Rogues don't dump aggro
  16. CrazyLarth Augur

Fright last night - zone crashed, lost raid , lost task. - ended up in a differnt fear zone.
  17. MrMajestykx Augur

hmmm the original Action?
  18. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Same on Zek. Engaged with Fright. Had him about 18 percent, if I recall. Entire zone went LD, people sent to old world zone, and had lockout for event so couldn't attempt repeat. We'd done all the clearing, too. Waste of time, demoralizing, etc.
  19. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Actual GM responses to raid problems in this expansion, from Realm of Insanity's frontpage:

Bugs have always been a part of the raiding game, this was not unexpected, and certainty did not make anyone upset. If you haven’t played Everquest in awhile, you’re probably thinking ” Big deal bugs happened all the time when I played too, the GM’s would just fix the double lockouts, or hand you the keys you didn’t get, or just award the missing augs to the appropriate person. ” Well that Everquest was in the past, the new Everquest Customer Service works a little more like this:

( Actual GM responses )

“Greetings Qulas,
    This is GM Dunbar. Unfortunately, we are no longer assisting with ungranted raid currency or flags. We do not have the capacity to grant entire raids flags and rewards. You will need to repeat the raid in order to gain the currency and rewards that it grants. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.”

“Hello Qulas,
    This is GM Woebot. Thank you for updating your ticket. We are aware of this issue, however, as this pertains to new content we will be unable to grant items if they are not being awarded. This issue will need to be corrected on a global level, and we will be unable to grant items to individual players. Though we used to be able to assist with issues like this in the past, we no longer have the resources to do so.”

Notice their suggestion was to repeat a raid that we have a lockout on, and to basically go away if any of your problems have anything to do with new content. What exactly do Everquest GM’s do now-a-days then? No idea. Daybreak’s policy change regarding what customer service can actually assist with is a downright slap in the face to all Everquest players. I’m sorry we’re not playing H1Z1, but we still deserve actual customer support.
  20. Glooping Elder

So we had this issue on Sunday night also.. But the previous Sunday night we cleared Fear without an issue. The only difference between the two raid nights was that on the first Sunday we pulled Fright and Dread at once just to make it interesting and killed Dread first, then killed Fright. The other Sunday we engaged Fright first and the zone crashed. I'm not sure if we just were lucky that the zone didn't crash on the first Sunday or if possibly it has something to do with killing Fright before the other golems? Either way that is my only two experiences with Fear since the instance has been crashing.

When our zone crashed, half our raid got a lockout timer for the dracoliche and the other half didn't. Nobody got their loot.

Quite an interesting glitch if you ask me.