Todays Windows10 Update broke multiple Eqs for me

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coruth, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Coruth Augur

I've been using Taskbar Tweaker to move around multiple Everquests chars so if 1 crashes I can reorder all my bots in the order I want them.

However, todays window's update doesn't let me move around my chars. The multiple EQs all drag together.

Any ideas?
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

[IMG]

All joking aside, that would annoy me too.
    Gyurika Godofwar and gotwar like this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Who on earth uses Windows 10 on a CRT? For that matter, how is it displaying a picture without any cables supplying power and graphics to it?

2/10, see me after class.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

Blame it on google, i don't care enough to make my own graphics or memes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Aghinem Augur

Heh - I remember back in 1998, I purchased a 21" CRT monitor with a machine I built. It was about $1100.00 and I believe they charged me a dollar a pound, because it felt like it weighed just as much. I thought I was going to have to employ a crane to move it! :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Coruth Augur

Well I cant just ditch Windows 10.

Does anyone have a solution?
  7. Brohg Augur

It sounds like Windows10 broke Taskbar Tweaker, not EverQuest. Unless someone here is using the same 3rd party OS add-on, we're not going to be much help.
    Rivitt likes this.
  8. Coruth Augur

Yeah, what I guess Im asking for is does anyone know of another way to switch around EQ chars besides Taskbar Tweaker?
  9. Vdidar Augur

I used the article on eqresource to set up links to bypass the patcher for each toon I have and I can move them around on the task bar. If I use the patched though they are all locked together.
  10. Viper1 Augur

use i.s. boxer to box multiple toons.

Maybe not what you want to hear, but it's guaranteed to work and get you back to normal.
  11. Garshok Augur

IS Boxer may be better long-term, but...have you checked for any Taskbar Tweaker updates?

I've ohad similar issues with the Win8 to 8.1 update, and again 8.1 to 10. TT had updates as well that restored functionality.

I haven't rebooted to update Win10 for a week, so I my not have encountered what you have yet. TT has fielded updates for Windows version changes though - not sure about updates but worth checking.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There is also a registry edit that can fix it too.

Make a file fixeq.reg, put this in it:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\eqgame.exe]
    "IsHostApp"=""

Double click it and it'll be imported into your registry and your EQ icons will all be separated on the taskbar again.