Powersource Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ckal, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Ckal New Member

If you have purity on your visible armor, are there any conditions where using a powersource would NOT modify a stat on that armor? I'm specifically referring to using a "Pure Energeian" variety on TBM group armor? I can buy player-made powersources and can open them, but don't appear to be modifying anything. I have the correct powersource for my class, I've triple checked. Just to check to ensure I wasn't being dumb, I tried a couple other various pure power sources, all with the same net effect - nothing.

Some of the older information indicates that you have to complete all of the Solteris raids for them to do anything? If so, this could be why. However, this info was also from 2009, and lots has been unlocked since.

Even though I've been around for awhile, I missed most of the powersource era/lore and have since been doing a lot of reading/catching up. It seemed to be a good topic for the newbie area.

Some of the info I've referenced includes:

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Power_Sources
    http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?33138-Powersources

Any pointers appreciated!
  2. Ckal New Member

I probably should have clarified that the total purity on these items including augs is at least 75. Thanks!
  3. Weebaaa Augur

So you've.

Inspected armor slot
    Put power source in general power source slot
    Re inspected armor
    Compared armor ?
    Because the armor won't auto update itself in the first window it openened.

Do you see your stats go up accordingly in your stats tab ? (HP mp whatever)?
  4. Ckal New Member

Yup. I think I found the issue. I wasn't looking at H(Stat) values, and I think I'm bumping into a cap. Argh!
  5. Opius New Member

I'm having the same issue with the Valorium TBM group armour, No stats from Power Source and not even close to the cap. Appears to be bugged, as earlier they had no power source aug slot at all.
  6. Rhodz Augur

heh TBM living up to it's name
    Next armor set for us this becomes important hope it is just the TBM gear.
  7. mackal Augur

8. Stewy Journeyman

So it's been broken since March at least? Wow.

Anyway, I noticed this issue for the first time last night. My wife and I just came back to the game recently, and just unlocked T2 wrists from the vendor. All our characters got wrists, aside from her warrior who has T3 wrists, and when equiping the new wrists the power-sources have no effect upon them. However my monk and mage both have T3 group arms and the power-sources DO affect them.

So is this just broken for T2 visible vendor armor? Just checked my wifes warriors wrists, my monk arms and mage arms.....all of which are T3 group. All T3 group pieces are powered up from our power-sources. All T2 group wrists are not powered up and are broken.

Please fix this DB, it's been over 6 months.