Ideas and Suggestions for the Devs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angre, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Well we've had this thread before but it can't hurt to post again so here goes...

Fellowships
    - Extend the fires to 8 hours for the regular fire and 4 hours for the buff fires.
    - Modernize the buffs for 100-110.
    - Allow 1 toon to place a fire.
    - Shorten the timer for the fellowship clicky to 5 minutes instead of 15.
    - Make the materials for the buff fires stack better.
    - Extend fellowships to allow for 18 to 24 characters.
    - Make Fellowship Sharing useful again. There are many of us who have many friends who are returning and alts of our own. We wind up spending more time power leveling these toons than we should if we could just use our main toons to share XP to the others. It obviously need some restrictions to avoid people gaming the system so to speak but there's definitely room for improvement here.

Shrouds
    - Modernize the Shroud system to allow it to work up to level 85
    - Allow for more versatility within the Shroud system to allow people to utilize more of each class.
    - Add quests within the Shroud system to allow for more AAs and skills over the base shrouds

Guilds
    - Allow 3 players to set a guild banner
    - Allow the banner to have 100 to 110 buffs
    - Add more versatility to the banners like perhaps allowing Player Studio folks the ability to make
    banners.
    - Clean up and modernize the Guild Window. It's a mess and a tedious process to deal with
    - Add more slots and more versatility to the Guild Bank. 200 slots and 40 in the deposit area is not
    enough. Consider adding a means of storage within a Guild Bank for Hero's Forge items, Collectibles and Tradeskill items as they tend to clutter up the Guild Bank and become an annoyance.

Buffs
    - Consider lengthening buff timers to be more consistent across the board. Why should some buffs last 8 mins, some last 45, some last 2.5 hours and some last 5+?
    - Consider making buffs persist through death like clickies do. At this point in the game most of us have either several buff bots or guildmates who can buff us when we die. This time sink after death is a minor annoyance but when you need to get back into a raid or group task quickly having to wait out the timer for death effects/rez effects, wait to regen mana and endurance and have to be rebuffed adds up to a good 10 to 15 minutes wasted on something that could have been streamlined and made more efficient.

Pets
    - Make a pet window similar to the Merc gear window so we know what our pets are wearing and can change it out on the fly if necessary

- Make it easier to swap between pets depending on the situation. Another thing that you can use the Merc system that is already in place and just allow us to have multiple pets and be able to switch between any of them as long as we are out of combat.

- More control over swarm pets. This is more of a wish than a need but it would be nice to have some control over what the swarm pets attack and when they attack and so forth.

Rangers and Rogues
    - Adjust how "humanoid" works so that it is more in line with Berserkers and decapitate. The fact that zerkers can chop the head off things that we can't head shot or assassinate is just silly. The proc rates could probably be adjusted up for rangers and zerkers to match where rogues are so that all 3 are even. There is no need to nerf any of them. Just bring them all up to each other so they are on equal footing.

I'm sure I am forgetting several things but these stand out to me and have needed improvements and or modernization for years.
    Houdini and Docture like this.
  2. Angre Augur

"The proc rates could probably be adjusted up for rangers and zerkers to match where rogues are so that all 3 are even. There is no need to nerf any of them. Just bring them all up to each other so they are on equal footing."

I have to agree with Gyurika. Decapitation for Berserkers lacks some luster and could use a small upwards tweak.

It happens so little of the time, that it doesn't really help much. It is just there. It "IS" a really cool skill for the Zerker and fits the class persona well, but it serves a very small purpose because the proc rate is so little. Bringing up the proc rate to be even with Rogue proc rates could help individual DPS for Zerkers, as some are competed with heavily and surpassed by other classes on the top slots of the Melee DPS Parses. Both in groups and in raids.

I believe when Decap first came out it was nerfed because Berserkers were Powerleveling everyone with it. I think the nerf was a little excessive and should be somewhere between where it is now and where it was when it was first introduced.

Thanks
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Angre Augur

I am consolidating these Ideas into one post I will post later. Currently I wanted to run these ideas past people for feedback.

- Allow us to spend/trade many of the Old Currency's that are no longer used on
    a newer currency used for a new vendor and new items in the next expansion.
    - Necromancer: Put the old Epic 2.0 Focus Effect on a new Necro Only weapons in the next
    expansion.

Thanks
  4. Angre Augur

Time to put this to rest...

Ideas and Suggestions for the Devs

I compiled a list of most of ALL the suggestions and ideas that was posted in
    this thread using Gyurika's edited outline format, so that it would be easier
    for a Dev or someone at Everquest with approval authority, to be able to read
    it without scrolling through all the posts.

Currency
    - Allow Old Man Mckenzie's Brews to be either tradeable, available from Loyalty
    Merchant or Heirloom. Much like Remnants of Tranquility is tradeable today.
    - Allow us to spend/trade many of the Old Currency's that are no longer used on
    a newer currency used for a new vendor and new items in the next expansion.

AA's
    - A new Veteran Reward: Summon Parcel NPC. Allow us to summon a Parcel NPC so
    that we may send and receive items to/from other players at any location with
    the appropriate recast timers used for other Summoned NPC's, like bankers,
    peddlers, etc.
    - The veteran AAs to summon banker, etc. should function like the Summon Tribute
    Master in that they shouldn't be a "pet". It's a pain for pet classes to dismiss
    a fully buffed pet because we need a banker. If that won't be implemented, at
    least have the failed summon not trigger the AA refresh.
    - Get an AA to let pet classes switch pets. Necros get two distinct pets, and mages
    get 4. It would be nice to be able to switch between pet types without having to
    dismiss a fully buffed pet. Mages should be able to buy at least a third slot. The
    suspend minion ability could use a refresh. A second or third selectable slot would
    give players more flexibility in moving through encounters.
    - Berserker: Hastened Communion of Blood.
    - Berserker: Extended Battle Focus Discipline.
    - Berserker: A self dot-disc/AA you could use that would slowly reduce hit points yet
    return you with endurance or a faster endurance regen, during combat. Call it "Agony"
    Many classes do not have to worry about mana regen or using up their entire mana pool
    at any point or on very rare occurrences (ie Shammy, Necro, Enchanter, etc), but
    Zerkers have to be very conservative with their use of Dichotomic Rage or they risk
    having no endurance and being useless to a group/raid without it. Wouldnt hurt Pure
    Melee Classes to have something like this.

Buffs
    - Consider lengthening buff timers to be more consistent across the board. Why
    should some buffs last 8 mins, some last 45, some last 2.5 hours and some last 5+?
    - Consider making buffs persist through death like clickies do. At this point in the
    game most of us have either several buff bots or guildmates who can buff us when
    we die. This time sink after death is a minor annoyance but when you need to get
    back into a raid or group task quickly having to wait out the timer for death
    effects/rez effects, wait to regen mana and endurance and have to be rebuffed adds
    up to a good 10 to 15 minutes wasted on something that could have been streamlined
    and made more efficient.

Marketplace Items
    - Could you please Make Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner an item available in the
    Marketplace? I see profit for you in this.
    - Recommend selling old LON Loot Items in Marketplace for DB Cash with a price based
    on their in game rarity. I see profit for you in this.
    - Shared inventory slots. GW2 came out with these not long ago, they sold like hotcakes.
    I instantly bought the max # of shared inventory slots for my accounts, as did my g/f
    and most of the guildies. Shared inventory slots are slots that are shared with all
    the characters on your account. So if you place a food item for an example in a shared
    inventory slot, all your characters can use it. Potions, illusion clickies, crafting
    items, gear, any items that aren't character bound can be placed in the shared inventory
    slots. Pretty much like shared bank slots, but on your character's inventory screen instead.
    - I would really like to see DB bring back in some of the collectors rewards especially
    for housing that were available and are not now for purchase in the station cash market.

Fellowships
    - Extend the fires to 8 hours for the regular fire and 4 hours for the buff fires.
    - Modernize the buffs for 100-110.
    - Allow 1 toon or the Fellowship Leader the ability to place a campfire.
    - Shorten the timer for the fellowship clicky to 5 minutes instead of 15.
    - Make the materials for the buff fires stack better.
    - Extend fellowships to allow for 18 to 24 characters.
    - Make Fellowship Sharing useful again. There are many of us who have many friends who
    are returning and alts of our own. We wind up spending more time power leveling these
    toons than we should if we could just use our main toons to share XP to the others.
    It obviously need some restrictions to avoid people gaming the system so to speak
    but there's definitely room for improvement here.

Guilds
    - Allow 3 players to set a guild banner
    - Allow the banner to have 100 to 110 buffs
    - Add more versatility to the banners like perhaps allowing Player Studio folks the
    ability to make banners.
    - Clean up and modernize the Guild Window. It's a mess and a tedious process to deal
    with.

Banks
    - Add more slots and more versatility to the Guild Bank. 200 slots and 40 in the deposit
    area is not enough. Consider adding a means of storage within a Guild Bank for Hero's
    Forge items, Collectibles and Tradeskill items as they tend to clutter up the Guild
    Bank and become an annoyance.
    - Would be nice to see trade skills not only draw mats from your personal inventory,
    but also from your personal bank as well. Like other MMOs do.

Shrouds
    - Modernize the Shroud system to allow it to work up to level 85
    - Allow for more versatility within the Shroud system to allow people to utilize more
    of each class.
    - Add quests within the Shroud system to allow for more AAs and skills over the base shrouds

Pets
    - Make a pet window similar to the Merc gear window so we know what our pets are wearing and
    can change it out on the fly if necessary
    - Make it easier to swap between pets depending on the situation. Another thing that you can
    use the Merc system that is already in place and just allow us to have multiple pets and
    be able to switch between any of them as long as we are out of combat.
    - More control over swarm pets. This is more of a wish than a need but it would be nice to
    have some control over what the swarm pets attack and when they attack and so forth.

Other Class Changes
    - Adjust how "humanoid" works so that it is more in line with Berserkers and decapitate.
    The fact that zerkers can chop the head off things that we can't head shot or assassinate
    is just silly. The proc rates could probably be adjusted up for rangers and zerkers to
    match where rogues are so that all 3 are even. There is no need to nerf any of them.
    Just bring them all up to each other so they are on equal footing.
    - DoT Classes. Expand the Spell Damage Affliction from the Stats Page of Inventory screen
    to include DoT Damage as well.
    - Necromancer: Put the old Epic 2.0 Focus Effect on new Necro weapons in the next expansion.

Miscellaneous
    - Account bound keyrings. This is a F2P game now, F2P games are supposed to use account
    bound for most everything, at least that's the direction the MMO genre is moving. Would
    like to see mount & illusion keyrings to become account bound. Again, convenience
    convenience convenience. The less hassle you make them, the more people will utilize them,
    the more fun people will have, and more money people will spend.
    - Give people that play TLP servers a future to look forward to. Right now I have characters
    on all TLP servers, and 90% of them are just rotting. They do put a bitter taste in my mouth.
    While I had fun playing them every time a new TLP server launches, they remind me the ever
    increasing number of useless characters that I can no longer use, items I put time & money
    into that are just wasted away, characters I worked on for a long time being completely
    worthless sitting on empty servers. I believe more people will play on these TLP servers,
    and stick around longer, if they know their characters will be merged with an existing
    standard server. Give people a heads up and tell them which server a particular TLP server
    will be merged into once their expansions catch up to live. You might be surprised how much
    longer people will play on them if you give them a future to look forward to, and how much
    more money people are willing to dump into their characters if they know these characters
    won't get wasted away.
  5. Angre Augur

I have kept the above post as a living document and am adding stuff to it all the time. I would like to keep this thread as a living post, where folks to could pop on with their Ideas and Suggestions for the Devs and maybe get some attention from those at Everquest that have control over what is put into the game.

Here is a new suggestion:

- I believe fellowships have become a part of everyday Norrath life for the
    majority of the EQ Player base now. More emphasis on Fellowships is needed. I
    recommend a Fellowship Hall. A small building on a House Plot or Guild Plot in
    your guild's neighborhood, where you could put a fellowship banker, parcel guy,
    etc, etc.
    To make it easier, you could just use a Modest Guild Hall as the layout.
    Also, create doorways you can buy that allows you to teleport between player houses
    and the fellowship hall. Allow for anchors and a teleport device. The Big ticket item
    would be the Fellowship Banker! That is really needed for those Tradeskilling Fellowship
    members and a good way to build some commarodary (sp) within the fellowship. I know
    we have guild halls for that purpose, but a fellowship acts like a Mini Guild and Needs a
    Mini Hall!
    - Also expand the fellowship numbers to 18.

Thanks
    Docture and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Xanathol Augur

UI: I'd like to be able to set text color on hot buttons (not socials). Preferrably, foreground and background (individually, not the entire hotbar).

Currently, you can set the text of a hotbutton or even give it an icon or you can make a social that you can set the text and color of. The problem with the social with a timer is that it resets on certain events (like death). So say you make a Harm Touch social so you can set the color, set a timer on it, then die - the button will reset even though the ability has not. As far background color, you can only set this currently on a hotbar level instead of an individual button.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

Cross-classing.
    Upon reaching lvl 105 and 15000 AA, do a quest (epic style), and select a secondary class-aspect. It has to be within same category, so a mage could have Necro as a secondary class aspect. This is now a third XP-bar, where the class-aspect will level up (starting at lvl 1, capping at lvl - 30 or so).

A class aspect gives access to some few class specific features, at a significantly lower level. This could be some spells and some AA. Since class-aspect level is significantly lower, I think it could be dome to promote versatility, without being too overpowered. A lvl 85 necro spell, carefully selected by the devs for balance, could be very useful for a lvl 105 mage, without disrupting the game entirely. Maybe a lvl 105 necro would like to be able to summon pet gear lvl 85, or be able to use the RS-pets of that level, or maybe use a DS. Maybe a mage would like to be able to cast some chanter runes and a mana regen spell. A rouge might pick up a few songs, or a bl might learn how to sneak.

Only one class-aspect pr character, so there would have to be a choice. The number of possible characters would go up, without introducing new spells or AA.

There should be some visual cues, somehow. Maybe a mage-aspected necro's pet has an added visual elemental aura, or maybe the SK-aspected Paladin struggling with his (the?) dark side would have a paler skin, or cast a certain shadow...
  8. Xanathol Augur

I don't personally like this idea but I do think that a single special rules server that allowed you to multiclass 1 additional class would be neat. Definitely a time consumer, if nothing more.
  9. Critts Augur

Everyone in their right mind would just do Rouge. If these really are only Lower lv abilities and spells Rouge Monk or Necro maybe a wizard or Druit for FD, Sneak and location spells. though I think it's not a good idea for the game.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

Thanks for the comments.

I do not propose neither that any class could select any class as Secondary, nor that any ability could be selected.

So no FD: every aspected class would be a small subset of the original class, carefully selected in a game design process, so that the focus is on utility, a bump in dps that corresponds with the effort, and definitely avoiding stuff that would break the roles that are well defined today.

A thing I could have written clearer is that the aspected class and the base class would be required to be close, maybe along the class groupings in the forum. Mage aspect would only be available for necro, wiz, enchanter, and so forth.
  11. Docture New Member

The only problem I foresee with Houdini's post is that it may vacate the use of Guild Halls. If it's just a Modest Guild Hall Model used for Fellowship Halls, then maybe not.

Try limiting things to the Fellowship Hall that exists in and used a lot in Guild Halls.

ie., Guild Tribute Master, Guild Banker, Trade skill Equipment, Splinter from a Guild Standard from the Teleporation Assistant.

I wouldn't limit things like Teleportation Devices, a Fellowship Banker, Personal Banker, Personal Tribute Master, Parcel Delivery Liaison, Teleportation Assistant, Teleporation Device, Personal Anchors, Regeneration Pool?. Maybe even a Corpse Summoner! (Ok, I am dreaming...) While you are at it, please adjust the Plane of Health Crystal Teleportation Device to be used in Fellowship Halls.

Make it useful, don't limit it so much that it becomes an unused benefit of the game, like housing has somewhat... My Fellowship gathers in the guild lobby, because we have members from other guilds, and it gets pretty crowded at times.

Guild Halls offer more than teleportation, banker and trade skill equipment. They also offer a place for the Guild To Gather. Extra rooms to be claimed and decorated by Guild Members. Guild Trophies! A place to post your unwanted Mod Rods :). But seriously, if you are a raiding guild then the Guild Hall will always be used. Fellowships are more common now than ever. You just cant find groups easily nowadays, so people form a Fellowship of Friends and group with them primarily. Its becoming the mainstay of the Everquest Player Base if you ask me and probably has been for awhile...

A nice little Club House for Fellowships is in order... It would be great if this was implemented. A place for the fellowship to gather, regroup and head back out into the World of Everquest to battle the baddies once again!

Also, if you are going to spruce up and expand the use of Fellowships, maybe look into expanding tools for the Fellowship Leader in the Fellowship Window?

P.S. Love the idea about Teleportation Doors to your Fellowship Members Houses. Maybe Create a Hall inside the Fellowship 'Hall', with room for 12 doors... With Labels above the doors to identify the Member's name that the door belongs too. And ofcourse, a Door in your House to return you to the Fellowship Hall.
  12. HerroThere Journeyman

Consolidate Discs/AA abilities/Spells.

I don't need 8 differently named versions of the same ability. 7 of which will never be used.

Just pay for your tome/spell every x levels and it unlocks the ability to effect the higher level NPCs.
  13. Docture New Member

Are these 8 different named versions of the same ability from different levels? Ever 5 levels you get similar abilities to the 5 levels before. These versions are dependent on level. So they are needed.
  14. HerroThere Journeyman

Instead of having Ability of The Poopsock at L10 and Ability of the Sockpoop at L15 that do the same exact thing you'd just have Ability of the Poopsock at L10/L15/L20 etc. You'd simply pay for the upgrade tome/spell/whatever. Sort of like rank 1-2-3 spells now.

It would remove so much clutter and bloat while also easing a pain point for new/returning players at the same time.
  15. Kohnn Elder

More ornaments for both weapons and armor... 1000s! Also it would be nice to use raid ornaments from previous xpacs. Also all/all dwarf illusion clicky! Even if hidden behind a LONG quest like drakkin in hero's journey
  16. Critts Augur

Quest that would allow all races to be able to tinker. Maybe a Gnome illusion quest that is all/ all but can only be used out of combat. The illusion would allow you to practice tinkering. You could call it "special Gnome Illusion"
    I know it's wishful thinking but being able to do all the class trade skills would be really nice. These should be locked behind quest and or raids of course.
  17. Critts Augur

While this seems like a smart idea it is flawed. Everquest has not always had this system so it will not apply across the board. I know as a wizard I use older versions of spells to pull sometimes to avoid being summoned from inflicting to much damage. If what you want where to happen the abilites and spells would still need some degree of seperation for usability. Not to mention that just getting an upgraded spell isn't the same as getting a new spell. Believe it or not Poop sock may still hold some value to someone. A good example of this would be the E tu kubar achivment from TBM. Some Shamen pets at lower lbs where undead allowing them to get the achivment where they wouldn't be able to had the pet just been upgraded.
  18. HerroThere Journeyman

Obviously it would have to be fixed across the board which is the whole point as it lead to the bloat and clutter we have today.

I know as a wizard that played during release if I wanted to pull I had a http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=57 and I know there are tons of other things in this game now that can be used to pull as well so that doesn't really hold weight.

Having the rare handful of uses for lower ranking skills/spells is worth far less than having an up to date feature that helps the majority of players new and old and even then I image a programmer could use a drop down to select ranks for the odd time you'd need a lower rank.
  19. Task New Member

The cluttering of spells/abilities could be fixed like Eq2 style, have an option to show max level of those spells/abilities only.

My suggestion and it's only a personal one is I like the classic character graphics, when using hero forge armor be cool if it gave the appearance of the armor, not so much as the graphic of say blood forge but if I am wearing a blood forge plate bracer it gives the plate look on the classic model.
  20. Gamork Journeyman

Please update the character models for our toons. Do people actually like the way that they look? I love the game and will play regardless but I hate the way the models look. Look at orcs for instance. They look rather cool with their updated models but player models are plain ugly and flamboyant.
    Task likes this.