Q for devs about Tradeskill AA

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Morgen, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Morgen Elder

If a dev wouldn't mind answering, when will the release date be for the various Tradeskill AA? Would like to know if I should bother stockpiling materials now or not bother until POP.

Thank you!
  2. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

Being as they were originally released with PoP, and are labeled as PoP in the AA UI, one might take a wild guess; that they will not be available till PoP.
  3. Morgen Elder

They are actually just listed as "Tradeskill" in the AA window, not Planes of Power... which is why I asked. I am aware that they were originally released with PoP.
  4. EQcleric Elder

New Tanaan AA'S show up when you filter by Luclin.

So this is a valid question.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Well Tradeskill AAs is too vague of a question to ask the Devs.

You need to keep in mind there are three different groupings of Tradeskill AAs.

New Tanaan Mastery - Allows you to increase a 2nd-7th Tradeskill beyond "Mastery" level (200 skill). This was released in PoP, hence the term "Tanaan" in the AA name.

XYZ Mastery - Reduces the chance to fail a combine in a specific skill by 10/25/50%. Jewelcrafting, Poison Making and Alchemy Mastery AAs were introduced in PoP, though JC mastery was a Class AA for Enchanter's only. They were made more generally available to all classes and all tradeskills in DoN.

Salvage - Returns components upon a failed combine. This was introduced in OoW.

So... Skilling up a 2nd-7th beyond 200, expect PoP. All classes getting 10/25/50% fail reduction, DoN. Salvage, OoW.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  6. Semah Augur

Wasn't New Tanaan released in the patch immediately prior to PoP? I seem to remember odd timing. That would make it Luclin-era.
  7. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

8. -wycca Augur

Yes, it was released prior to PoP, and is correctly flagged as such in the AA list. In fact, the first Master Artisan was pre-PoP.
  9. Buddi Elder

My recollection was that you could get the first tradeskill AA in Luclin then the rest in PoP back in the day. On Fippy they made all of the AAs available during Luclin.

I also recall phasing in of the 300 skill level too back in the original game. At first there was a 250 limit for tradeskills, not sure what expansion allowed you to go to 300. Fippy was straight to 300 as is the case on Phinny.
  10. Nolrog Augur

I believe it was Prophecy of Ro, when the tradeskill trophies came out.
  11. Gremin Augur

There was two different tradeskill trophys..one was given out at 250 then they got changed and given out at 300.