Forum Account Banned as an "Alternate Account"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CherryCoke, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CherryCoke Apprentice

When a lot of people were banned a few weeks ago over the TDS keys, my husband's forum account got banned with this message. We believe this is a mistake as he's only ever used one forum account. He was advised by Customer Service to make a new forum account (which seems funny since he was banned as an 'alternate account' in the first place) and send a message to the forum staff to rectify the issue. He wasn't able to send messages from his new account so he sent one to RadarX from mine. However there has been no reply at all, his forum account is still banned, and he is getting frustrated. If this was not the correct course of action to appeal this ban then can someone please tell me what is?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am confused with the wording of "forum account". Do you mean his eq account? I believe they are one and the same but correct me if I am wrong.:D When you cannot log into your EQ account then customer service advises you to make a new ftp or pay account (your choice) so you can submit a ticket under the help area in main page of EQ website. You are then issued a ticket number and can track the progress. Do not leave out any info or they won't be able to help you. Were you sending an email or something? To RadarX? Not sure if they asked folks to do that but if they did is apparently did not work for you so pretty sure you need to go thru the normal channels and file a support ticket. Sounds like things got mixed up. Hope this helps!
  3. Eruesso Lorekeeper

No they ban people from just the forums without banning your accounts for saying things they don't like /tear......I better be careful i might get banned
  4. Aghinem Augur

You deserve it. You always throw out all these truths and facts that no one likes nor wants to read. We prefer rose colored glasses, thank you very much!
  5. CherryCoke Apprentice

It's just the forum account, his EQ account is fine. He already sent in a support ticket. They said they can't do anything about the forum account and to send a message to forum staff instead, which he did. Just haven't got a reply after a few weeks so wondering what else we can do short of sending another message which, for all we know, will also go unanswered.
  6. Aghinem Augur

Most forums are written in phpBB or vBulletin language and all include measures to release forum bans. Its not a very complicated procedure.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow this is good to know, that you can get banned two ways!. I hope those smileys I bought off that smileys r us site were legit.;) Uh, just jokin.
  8. Wha? Journeyman

Most of these forums are written in English

Glass houses baby, glass houses *meow* :eek:
  9. Aghinem Augur

Was the first sarcasm?

And the remark to Eurreso was a joke... o_O
  10. Wha? Journeyman

*GASP* Sarcasm?? Wha?
    That's a semi-indirect, non-attack! A nab remmah, quickly!
    Surely folks know by now there's no sense of humor here!?! *maiu* :eek:
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

Having seen what passes for "english" on these forums, i respectfully disagree.........
    Gyurika Godofwar and Potawatomi like this.
  12. RadarX Augur

As this really isn't a support issue, I'm going to ask this be PM'd.

In general, actions taken against an account can affect the entire household. The practical reasoning is I get no less than 5 "But it was my brother/spouses/uncles account" a week and we don't have a way to confirm any of that. I also tend to suspend people quicker who have made dozens of accounts to avoid suspensions in the past and sometimes even ask their game accounts be banned.

I have a ton of PMs in my box but I don't see anything recent about a forum suspension so go ahead and have them resend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.