Ranger Epic Retelling

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tadenea, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Tadenea Augur

Anyone figure it out yet?

Anyone have any Info they experience?,
    AB-Muvien and Wayylon like this.
  2. AB-Muvien Elder

Didnt even know it existed until today, I'll definatly be working on it when AB gets back up. Nice little thingy to do to get back into the game.

Am I understanding it correctly that its an extension of the an epic request task from felwithe and that it should end up in an ornamentation and posibly a title?
  3. Nniki Augur

It's the same epic request task, but for the class-specific part, you must do certain things to qualify for the epic retelling reward and achievement. You can only complete the epic retelling achievement if you have already done the epic request task twice already. It will be visible in your achievements window if it's available to complete.

It is recommended that you do the class-specific part first in case you fail and need to restart. The reward is currently only an ornamentation, and if you are the first on your server to complete it for your class, your name is placed on a plaque in Felwithe.

For rangers, the reward is The Wind, a bow ornamentation.

After completing your class-specific event, you will know if you succeeded if you see text ending with "... should make for a more interesting telling of this tale." You can also simply view the task reward and see if it shows the ornamentation as a reward. If it's there, you succeeded; otherwise, try again.
  4. Imak Augur

Forage is your friend.
  5. Wadin Pureheart New Member

In order to complete the Ranger Epic Retelling achievement, you need to forage the following items before you kill Reaver Kildraz X`Ti:

Foraged after you are punted from the bear cave but before you find the first track point: Beyar's Rattle
    Foraged after first track point and before hailing the frantic wolf: Frantic Wolf's Favorite
    Foraged after hail of frantic wolf and before curing Hopkit: Hopkit's Lost Carrot
    Foraged after curing Hopkit and before killing Reaver Kildraz X`ti: Lingering Essence of Corruption

From what I was able to tell, if you did not get the foraged items in the period mentioned above, they could not be foraged. I spent 2.5 hours at the point of killing Reaver Kildraz X`ti attempting to get one of my last pieces before I gave up and tried the event again.

I did find that if you do not kill the Reaver by a specific time (approximately 1 hour from the time you are punted from the bear cave) the 'Event' will reset. This is convenient if you missed getting an item since you can just head to the caves and get punted again. At which point, it will be possible to forage the items you may have missed in the correct task section of the event.

The items are No Store, No Zone, No Trade. It means that if you want to complete this achievement, you need to stay in zone from the time you are punted from the bear cave to the end when Tunare appears. Do not zone or crash.

-Wadin Pureheart of Quellious
    Huntmaster, 105 summers
  6. Thraine Augur

I sure wish the bow aug looked better :(

I did this just to do it, but i dont use the ornament, cause my bow looks better without it. ohh well.
  7. AB-Muvien Elder

Yeah I kinda agree ... I mean I use it, its kinda ranger'ish but some effects or something would have been nice. Ah well, its done atleast :p
  8. Tadenea Augur

at least you can link it in messages as a Joke
    Thraine likes this.