How come my class sucks??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ibrahim Moizoos, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrahim Moizoos New Member

Can we fix mages yet? This is so dumb. I'm not saying you guys are bad at balancing classes, but you aren't good.
    Lawyer, Mynde Kandie, Nugget and 4 others like this.
  2. Zargonza New Member

I mean My wizard swarm pet parses higher then a Mage pet. Mage Pet's get hit with MoTM and Mark of the old ways double nerf there.
  3. Vidae New Member

On a related note, DBC is recruiting Mages!
  4. Adonhiram Augur

Don't forget PotM too ! Fooks up, my apologies for the language, the pet's innate high resist to a particular element... Reposting here as a political sign of support my self-made EQ screen, I know, I know, it's childish :
    [IMG]
  5. Ibrahim Moizoos New Member

Mage's Log, Date: July 14th, 2016. Exceptionally heavy nerfs still prevent me from unleashing anything resembling the power of the four elements. We're now entering the Tomb of the Sleeper and I'm still unable to conjure anything more relevant than a modulation rod. Further investigations seem pointless, but my crew's efforts to keep my spirits high have worked thus far.
    Lithien, Zargonza, Adonhiram and 3 others like this.
  6. Adonhiram Augur

The loot officer of the Enterprise even called me on the intercom to inform me the Captain expected us to reach a new system in a couple weeks which would yield fascinating treasures able to raise my depressed elemental inner spirit. He promised we would make a stop on a strange moon-type satellite called Sucklin, known for the dark and beautiful castle alien -well, who is the alien nowadays, I'll ask Spock tomorrow who will for sure bomb me to death by throwing philosophical nonsense from Vulcan at my head- architects have built on it. The building is famous in the whole Galaxy for the feeling of awe it irradiates in its dark majesty and for the unspoken dark rites their inhabitants practice behind hidden and closed doors sealing the Palace area of Sex Thal. My good friend Scotty, who never mocked the mage class, even after his third bottle of Stellar Malt, despite all nerfs the Federation implemented recently, said he would put in a request to the Enterprise Loot Council for me. Something about special gloves, found in that Palace, which are able, even on interstellar distance level, to draw some of the dark energy the place irradiates and which shall make my pets stronger. If I were not so depressed, I would make a joke related to the political campaign taking place at the moment in the American district on our federal capital planet, and shout : "Make elementals !" But I know the Nec Union & Black Holes United will contest the decision of the Loot Council, lucky as I am, because I am a mage.

(Ok it's nonsense, and sorry for what doesn't sound right or is incorrect in English, but I felt inspired after reading your "mage's Log")
    Finley likes this.
  7. GrugSA Augur

I like how 5 new accounts were created to like this comment. It's almost like you aren't trying to hide the real reason you want your "1 mage" to be buffed
  8. Zargonza New Member

I like how someone doesn't post often enough is still called a new account, But then again I'm not a dumb and make that association. Considering I don't like to fill up these forums with needless like you usually post. That I just read and shake my head at usually.
    Adonhiram and Finley like this.
  9. Finley Augur

Almost everyone who liked the original post has an active character of the same name on Phinigel...
  10. Hateseeker Augur

This is true, but you can't blame the players for making use of the artificial assistance tools that Daybreak allows. It's more appropriate to thank Daybreak for this, for allowing use of the artificial assistance tools that facilitated mage armies controlled by one person and removed the need to alt- tab between accounts.
  11. Tudadar Augur

Weakness left by the devs? lol Dbg has already stated ibox was ok on non truebox servers. For some reason it seems like you think mages were cheating. Would you say the same thing about 30shamans? 30 necros? 30 wizards? 30 SK? 30 cle? All classes that were popular/overpowered at a certain time in EQs 17 years? Sometimes its more about the numbers then the class...

How many times did the handful of boxers kill gods with 12ish mages? On LJ once for CT and 2 or 3 times for inny? Did they KS raid guilds? You really dont seem to know what your talkking about. A few god kills wasnt the reason mages were nerfed.
  12. Darkenr Elder

There's already a thread talking about the current state of the Magician class. Link below. The thread has a lot of specific details about why the Magician class needs to get the nerfs reversed at the current state of TLPs in Velious and beyond and why the nerfs are no longer needed at this point as long as the agro code stays in place to prevent pets from tanking raid bosses. Granted, with the current power of MoTM buffed raid targets in Velious even the Agro code is also unneeded, but I highly doubt they would reverse that one as long as they continue having the MoTM buffs.

The primary argument though is that the pet stats, and the MotOW is no longer needed based on the current state of player power in Velious.

Since this thread seems quite a bit more "troll" filled this will probably be the one to get more visibility from DBG and not the below thread, but hopefully my linking to that thread that has explained, detailed, and parsed arguments as to why the nerfs besides the agro code are no longer needed in current TLPs will get seen by DBG now.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/summarize-about-pets-and-luclin.234002/page-2
  13. Kiani Augur

I'd say yes, it is about the numbers. But it was mages that were being used. Pet walling, easy multiple control, the mage class was ideal for mass boxing. Now, people use other classes, and it's a little harder, but the mass boxers can down anything they like on RF or LJ. Mages suffered for it because they were powerful and because they were easy to mass box. And now they need some help.

But they still have to be careful that any improvements don't put things back to how they were before with the pet walling etc.
  14. Darkenr Elder

No, they actually don't need to be careful in the current state of TLPs. The MoTM buffed bosses are way too powerful to be pet walled with only the agro code. The agro code if you don't know is that if a pet dies to an MoTM buffed boss, all agro that the pet generated goes to the pet owner. Considering velious raid mobs can down fully decked out raid geared tanks with defensive in only a couple seconds without incoming heals, and the bosses having over 1 million hps, there's absolutely 0 chance even a boxed 65 mage army with a few clerics could take down velious raid targets. The only way it would become possible is if they reversed the Agro code as well and also buffed pets to beyond current live server values.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.