New Beastlord

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Widdah, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Widdah New Member

I have come to EQ, never having done it when it came out originally. After reading up on the classes, I have made a Barbarian Beastlord (on Vox). I enjoy the game greatly (suprised how cool it is for a 17 year old game), and I will be purchasing All Access tonight. I plan on leveling the old fashioned way, rather than buying a heroic 85. I am only Level 13 right now, and I would like to know if you were in that Position what would you have wanted to know. What would you recomend me doing (right now, I am questing in CR), trying to get achievments done. All help and advise is very welcome.

Thank you,

Widdah
  2. Critts Augur

Start in crescent reach and work all the quest missions and progression under the Heroic Journey tab. It outlines pretty much every single point of intrest in most of the expansions up to lv 85. Use that list with a web sight like EQ resource or zam Everquest. Make sure you back up your UI files. You'll be able to do most of the stuff on your own but will need a group on many occasions as the list is massive.
  3. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I recommend doing the Hero's Journey tasks for Crescent Reach only. That will give you a full set of gear that will last a very long time. The quests quickly become too time consuming for their meager or non existent rewards after that. After that, use the Hot Zone quests that start in Plane of Knowledge to level up.

Many people will suggest a tank merc as it will powerlevel you up to 60 in a heartbeat. That's true but I'd recommend getting a cleric merc. You may level a little slower but you will be able to keep your skills in check. Speaking of which, make sure you practice your spell casting skills as much as reasonably possible. They are a pain to try and raise later.

Try and work on your epic while you level, it's a lot more fun camping epic quest mobs when you are getting experience while doing it. Join a family guild and with a little help you can complete the 1.5 by level 65 and the 2.0 at 70. They are amazing weapons at those levels.
  4. Brohg Augur

well, a lot slower. Like, double+ the fighting time :p
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Well he did say he wanted the old fashioned way. ;)
  6. Zephiron Elder

beasts with pet only need the mage summoned spectral armor the level 86 spell to solo to 70 no merc required. Just saying the pet can easily tank and beast should only need to splash their heals ever so often. So make friends with your local mages. Don't forget to ask for haste mask and hands of ixiblat or whatever they are called, pet will make you proud.
  7. Kodjak Lorekeeper

8. Widdah New Member

Thank you all for the helpful advise : ) I am getting very close to 30 (once the servers come up I should be in short order). The ranger post was great! Thank you for pointing it out to me Kodjak!

W.
  9. Returns New Member

Make a Mage alt , you will love the dmg shield and pet items ....