LoN illusions not working correctly

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Haquiem, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Haquiem Journeyman

Several of the illusions from LoN are not working as advertised.

For instance Aspect of the Eagle supposed to turn me into an Aviak with levi and movement buff and Focus Effect Beza.

Instead I get the aviak illusion but no levi, no movement buff, with Focus effect Fana. I tried my other LoN illusions and while the illusion took effect, no other effects listed on the item description took effect and all have Focus effect Fana instead of the focus listed.

I submitted a petition and got zero help from the GM as it is a developer issue and not a game issue, but the petition is considered solved when its obviously not.

I was wondering if a member of the dev team could look into this and comment.
  2. --Voodoo-- Augur

Using illusion keyring?
  3. Haquiem Journeyman

4. Lynnia Augur

Check which item you have in the stat slot of illusion keyring?
  5. Haquiem Journeyman

I had no idea that was a stat slot. I thought it was where you drug the illusion items to. That clears the Focus effect Fana problem. Wonder why the GM couldn't have talked me through that?

I removed all the illusions from the key ring (will never use it again), but I am still not getting the illusion benefit effect. The aspect of the eagle is supposed to give levitation and a movement buff. I used it for quite awhile, took a 3 month break from EQ and now it doesn't. I check the other LoN illusion items and if the item states the illusion gives a secondary effect, none of them are working.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

They are working for me as expected, and I have them all. Since you weren't sure about the functionality of the stat slot on the keyring, I'll toss this out there as the likely culprit . . .

Did you clear the stat slot from keyring (which stays even if you move the illusions out), and then after that, did you click off the Fana buff before attempting to test your other illusions? You can only have one (two) of the illusion benefits at a time. I say (two) because the levitation benefit stacks on top of any other benefit for whatever reason.
  7. Haquiem Journeyman

nope still doesn't work on any of them. I am buffless and removed all the illusions from the key ring. I activated the aspect of the eagle and still no levi and no movement buff. I do get the correct focus effect now. Same on the others, correct focus effect but no secondary effect.
  8. Schadenfreude Augur

Several of these items (by no means all as you suggest) are indeed broken and the buffs they provide no longer match the in-game description, this happened when the illusions and the buffs themselves were split into two.

If you read the item description it will say something like Illusion Benefit Fana which - I believe - is currently what buff is being incorrectly provided by your Aspect: underwater breathing, vanilla 40% melee haste and some strength.

I'm not sure what you mean by "correct focus effect but no secondary effect" however.
  9. Haquiem Journeyman

I broke the effects of the item illusion being primary and the other effects as secondary to try and make it easier to explain, I guess it didn't work so I will recap.

Aspect of the Eagle is supposed to turn the player into an aviak and grant enhanced movement speed and levitation. Its focus effect is Focus effect beza providing the player with a 5 to 0 damage shield.

It worked correctly for a long time and provided me with enhanced movement and levitation. I took a break and when I returned it no longer provided the enhanced movement and levitation and what I thought was the wrong focus benefit.

After clearing the key ring (I didn't know the slot was a stat slot, I thought it was where you drug illusion items to) and removing all buffs and gear, the aspect of the eagle still doesn't provide enhanced movement or levitation. I tried other illusion items that are similar and while you get the illusion and focus benefit you do not get the and portion of the illusion item.

Hope that cleared up any confusion with my posts.
  10. Schadenfreude Augur

Not really. Please list the specific items and what benefits you aren't "getting".

Edit: I managed to find an item with Illusion Benefit Beza and it has stacking issues in slot 2 with most modern back clicks as well as the Ranger AC/DS line. Do you not get a red warning message about a stacking failure?
  11. Haquiem Journeyman

I honestly think you are purposely here to confuse the issue instead of providing an answer.

I stated I was buffless and gearless when I tested the Aspect of the eagle. Apparently you purposely skipped that part.

I stated that it gives the aviak illusion but not the levitation or movement speed as it states in the description. Apparently you purposely skipped that as well.

I stated it worked as stated in the game description for a long time. Apparently you skipped that part also.

I am not going to list all the items just for a to try and jerk me around about them since obviously you purposely didn't read the posts.