HAgi vs HDex

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Pythlen82, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Ravengloome Augur

No its obviously that 1 extra lifetap proc I get a minute lulz ;)
  2. Makavien Augur

Heroic dex still raises avoidances too and when did 400 heroic agility multiply by 10 since it was parsed it was only 1 % avoidance per 400 from the parses I seen and that was when the parser was messing up the results by always having 1 more heroic dex cluster when they were stacking agility than they did heroic agility when they was stacking heroic dex.

Which also could account for the 1% difference.

Btw I also switched out my dex vendor type 5's since this patch to heroic agil and gained maybe 1% avoidance with around a 500 heroic agility boost.
  3. josh Augur

I didn't say it increases your avoidance by 10% i said it increases your avoidance AC by 10%. How much that actually increases your actual avoidance would vary and would be very difficult to parse accurately on raid bosses.

I have never seen a parse long enough to prove anything when it comes to raid bosses. Important point there, we are talking about raid bosses specifically, in groups, HDex is the winner. It is just as much or more total avoidance and is a noticeable increase to DPS. On top of riposte being a much more useful avoidance skill than all the others. but on raid bosses where heroic strikethrough makes HDex useless, the avoidance AC you get from HAgi is the winner, based on what I've seen.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

It's a winner if and only if your gearing specifically for 3 to 4 hours of your weekly playtine and you mt 100% of that time in a given week sure. But winning by .1% of damage done isn't what I'd call clear ;) especially considering you overall gain more total appreciable power going dex, unless you only log in for raids, only MT, and never turn attack on.

Min maxing 1 specific aspect to that degree when larger gains can be made on other fronts isn't really min maxing. In my opinion.
    Truklin and Riou like this.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

Plus i didn't think about this earlier:

But the question of Heroic Stam v heroic Agility. Still has not been unequivocally answered.

yes clearly Heroic agility makes you take (slightly) less damage.
    However does that 10kish HP increase your rate of survival in the grand scheme of things? Does it raise you from 95% chance to one tank to 96% or even 95.5%? while Hagi only raises you from 95% to 95.2% (examples)

I mean tanks AC already trivializes these mobs ATK to the point 1000ac barely moved the DI distribution down (guess based on the average hit change, would like graphs). And all tanks have 35% mitigation always on. So we are at a point we cannot really move damage intake down much more.

or perhaps we may have come to a point (in this expansion) where yes HP does matter more.

When someone parses actual survival % chance with each option, neither one can possibly be called "the winner" or the "better" choice.
  6. Makavien Augur

And you really shouldn't believe everything wrote here cotf tier 1 and rof tier 3 was the only time the avoidances from heroic dex has not worked or even been lowered to the point of agil being better than dex in raids. Have been full on heroic dex till this avoidance change as a raid mt on every encounter in every expansion since. I have never seen good enough proof to feel that agility was more than mainly an ac padding technique from looking at all the parses. Because I am usually higher vrs other tanks on the same bosses in avoidance. And you will never get anything more than real world parses of raid bosses or do you expect people to go .... Hey guys lets just stand here for 4 hours while this boss beats on me in each phase so I can compare dex vrs agility ?

I will add since TBM those differences have or were before I went with the omg avoidance idea were much closer than in the past.

I will also add I have thought for a long time the choice between heroics is mostly a fake choice and we end up close enough to the same all routes that it doesn't matter.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Dex is better. Agi is potentially better on specific raid named that ignore riposte/parry, or that you can stack enough hagi that you can outpace their strikethrough such that passing it gives significant gains over not. But other than that, dex is better.

And LOL at someone saying it doesn't matter. They matter greatly. The problem is that the difference between going all Agi or all Dex is so small to make little difference. So getting a +2 dex +8 agi aug instead of a +8 dex aug is better (more common equivalent choice due to how they converted mod2s than the other way around) overall, but other than that, just go dex.

But going all stamina WOULD make a significant negative difference, as you'd lose around 400-500 avoidance heroics (with current augs and gear). For what? More hp and 1% more shielding? Pfft.

Get your hSta to 800, get dex/agi to 1200/800 or 800/1200 and you're fine at current gear levels.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

Do you have any data showing that average survival rate goes down with all HSTA or are you just guessing.

I mean I go dex and I don't really care what others do, but if you are going to make a statement like "lol stamina would have a negative impact", it's usually best to prove it with numbers.

And really it doesn't matter, with how little adding avoidance affects boss tanking you could probably go full HCha and not tell a difference without pouring over hours of parses, outside of a critical fail.
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The clear winner is H AGI, gotta bump the fake AC up for Magelo padding.
    Drogba, Elricvonclief and Kamea like this.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

Reminds me of the ALEX eq player updaters.
  11. Dardo Journeyman

Well this was confusing to read. I just want an easy answer, no formulas with criteria and conditions. I play an SK and do not raid often. I like to play normal content molo until friends get on then we group and do missions/quests in Katta, TBM etc.

Should I focus on HDex or HAgi? I have chosen to go with HStr, HDex and some Hsta (this was my choice because of loot I got, courageous stones - deft - resilient etc.)
    Thank you!
  12. p2aa Augur

If you do group content mostly, then you should go full HDex imo.
    Because the avoidance checks will be way higher for group mobs.
    HStr is not a heroic I consider at all as a tank.
    Dardo and Riou like this.
  13. Dardo Journeyman

Thank you for the straight up answer! Much appreciated.