Xegony Server "we have a problem"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WEdontWANTgeorge, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WEdontWANTgeorge New Member

Dear GM's, I respectfuly ask for you to intervene on a long continual problem with a person who we will name"George" to protect his identity on these boards. This is a person who is guild leader too "George's Counsil" This particular character spams, threatens, rants, disrupts the ENTIRE SERVER ! Everyday, Night the server is in battle with this person. When you put this person on /ignore, he just comes back with another alt to continue the attacks. Most of the server has at least 4-7 of his alts on ignore. The problem is no matter how many alts you /ignore or how many people on the server "think" they /ignored him, when he appears on another character the general chat starts up again. Its a daily occurance. You cant expect us to BAN everyone in general or not join general to be rid of this person. Something must be done if the majority of the server has issue with this ONE player. DO SOMETHING PLEASE
  2. nildiar Lorekeeper

I personally aNd my guild have repeatedly almost daily petition "george" his passive agrees I've attacks get more brazen every day. This week he seen my alt on nildiar and because my minor son let me repeat that for everyone to see my MINOR son has a name nildson and is in the same guild he sent him a threatening tell. Then upon being called out in general he denied that he was "george" called us liars and then raneed about how we target him. This player hides behind the eula like a blanket.

He will attack and threaten using gms names as a threat in tells. Then if anyone does anything he deems against the eula he crys and whines we bully harass and target him.

My guild leader has petitioned soo many times she's on the verge of walking away from her tools guild and this game. EVERY SINGLE petition is marked resolved by lead gm not gonna say name to prevent thread being locked.

Just today a gm was on xegony watching I can only assume "george" logs onto an un ignored alt call it 1 of 400 and starts after I said omg seriously my ignore is full already.

While ignore is there for a reason there are comannds and such that let you bypass ignore. And honestly why should myself or anyone else be forced to fill my entire ignore list for 1 person.

If no actions are taken against hom than it is safe to assume what's good for the goose is good for the gander...

There once was a boy who cried wolf and his nMe was "george"
  3. Zabal Journeyman

Seriously, this player is a problem and has been for years. Most players that try to use general chat on Xegony are forced to constantly /ignore his characters. For about a year now, I have attempted to keep all of his characters on my /ignore list to not mention him at all. Unfortunately, he spams my guild members with ingame mail whenever he even thinks he is being talked about. Reporting him has not worked. Ignoring him does not work. He is a constant issue for probably half of the people on server.

He constantly spams guild recruitment messages, which many other guilds do as well, but he uses every channel possible and cross server. In his messages, he verbally attacks other players. He also harasses any members who leave his guild. He tells everyone possible to /report other players. If he /reports players as often as he says he does, then Daybreak must spend half their dealing responding to him.

I know this thread won't change anything, but "George" has been a thorn in our side for as long as I can remember. And I don't see a solution. Even if they are given solid proof and they ban him, he'll just make another 14 alts to spam us with.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  4. Firrionafan Elder

Something needs to be done. Give this guy his own server. He lives to make trouble for other people.
    Geri_Petrovna and Ghostdog like this.
  5. The Bagman New Member

Too funny!! Erollisi Marr has a similar annoying female with several alts that monopolize general chat talking about useless stuff. She thinks general chat is her therapist where she airs her dirty laundry. She accuses people of stalking her and makes up stories to garner sympathy from the gullible types.

Unfortunately DBG likes the almighty dollar too much to permanently ban these asshats. Wish I had a better solution than "either them or me" leaving the game but I do not.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  6. Firrionafan Elder

I have put him on ignore over and over, yet he makes new alts and starts sending tells. He is the stalker, he keeps yelling that everyone is stalking him, giving his guild a bad name, on and on, he has a persecution complex.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  7. nildiar Lorekeeper

How is it fair he walks with impunity to harass and start problems so we add him to ignore only to have hours later more tells or spam from him again? It's to the point he does /who guild name and spams every member with tells but that's ok I guess?
  8. nildiar Lorekeeper

Or just ok if you say that person or guild is attacking you?
  9. Songwriter New Member

Hi Xegony,

I'm not a player on your server but it sounds to me that you have a cyberbully issue. And there is a reliable way to deal with cyberbullies. You need to take away his 'field of resonance' what I mean by that is the silent majority tolerating his bullying by doing nothing or putting him on ignore. Make a channel something like 'wedontwantgeorge' and when he starts harrasing your general chat or someone on tells talk back, united, with the same sentence 'we dont want your tells', 'we want you to stop harassing us', 'leave the general chat' or other sentences, tell him these, the more there are of you the less likely he will be able to reply to all of you. He will increase his harrasment at first because of the opposition but it is on all of you to remain steadfast because sooner or later he will loose interest, for the simple fact that it will no longer feed his ego when people will let him say and do whatever he wants. The main point is that you as a server unite against him and take away his 'field of resonance' this is no easy task especially if 'Geroge' has been harassing you all for years but it can be done.

Because what will happen if BDG bans his account(s)? He will just make new ones and new characters and everything will begin anew.

This won't be easy and it will takes days or even weeks but as mentioned before your resolve and will to remain steadfast is important here. I wish you all the luck that this will stop his bullying should you decide to do this.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  10. Aghinem Augur

I like George...from Seinfeld at least! :D

[IMG]

All joking aside. Until this is resolved, I would suggest turning general chat off. GMs don't really read these forums, so you will just have to keep petitioning until it gains traction.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  11. Aghinem Augur

Hmm, if that is actually true and not baseless bravado...then that is not much of a guild leader. I don't know of any guild leader that would let a general chat troll drive them away from the game. If your guild leader needs tips on how to be a good guild leader, they are welcome to message me privately.
  12. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Posted in Veterans Lounge That should get attention now
  13. nildiar Lorekeeper

With all due respect. This person has made it his personal mission to harass and try to destroy my guild an especially my guild leader. He will send her tells from 1 alt then another then another and another and another.
    While I can understand your doubts, her petitions get marked resolved everytime. As does anyone else that attempts to petition. This person. This person will send tells for no reason, claiming but not limited to the following. The gms have informed him of guild leaders poor actions harassment bullying etc etc etc, our guild is being dissolved, our members ARE or ARE being banned. This person will go as far as to use gms names. These are not baseless accusations sir, these are facts as every tell like this gets reported. So tell me and no disrespect intended how would YOU handle such threats and blatant violations of the eula?
  14. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Before this post gets locked or removed, I'd like to make a suggestion to DB. If anyone is familiar with the game Grand Theft Auto 5, players are aware of an options in the menu that allows for players to VOTE OUT disruptive people. Its simple really, you can provide servers in EQ the same principle. If there is always one or many people disrupting the game why not have a button that allows people to vote on "kicking" such person from the server... Maybe an hour or a day .. too at least give that person a signal that hey maybe they should relax ? or get kicked .. and if it happens enough times then a BAN >>>>>>
    Ghostdog likes this.
  15. Duhbeast Augur

This sounds like someone in particular that was on Cazic thule a while back. He even slipped into our guild as an app at one point and then harassed us when it didn't work out.
  16. Aghinem Augur

Have them contact me here on the forums privately; or, they can contact me on our website through the email system there @ http://knightsofinfinity.org - and I will very gladly be happy to explain how to deal with this. This is not my first rodeo with people like 'George'.
  17. Tyreel Augur

Some threats especially 'Death Threats' are actually a criminal act chances are more so against a minor. A local District Attorney or similar official that is up for election might be more than interested in listening.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  18. Aghinem Augur

No no no. Its an online game and it carries no real weight unless the person were to fully identify themselves. Lets not enter fantasy land with all the internet legal prowess being exhibited here. Be realistic.
  19. nildiar Lorekeeper

I think this is getting derailed somewhat. All we of xegony are asking is for some help from a gm. Honestly it's getting to the point my son and gf turn general off unless they really need something. And while that is an option its clearly not fair for a whole server to be held hostage by 1 person and his 500000 alts/boxs. Since when does the management and gms turn a blind eye to such infractions without even a word spoken.
  20. thedragon Elder

the problem is that zgeorge creates all these alts, and when people have his main toons on ignore, he pops up with other ones. he's constantly spamming general, causing crap, spewing religion, and sending people tells either soliciting for his guild, or inciting arguments.

I have a number of alts, and I think its ridiculous that people have to use all their ignore slots on his numerous alts. I can't keep up with it.

And the worst part is general chat is almost always dealing with him, so when you do ignore him, none of general chat makes sense anymore
    Ghostdog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.