Unable to download patch before servers unlock?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Cicelee Augur

In the past on patch days, you could start the EQ launch client and download the patch to get into the game and to the server select area, and go into chat rooms. IIRC you could do this as far back as the most recent patch.

However today's patch it seems I am not able to download the patch. Keeps on saying EQ is under maintenance or something to that effect. I don't recall reading anywhere as to why this got changed.

Thoughts?
    disgruntled likes this.
  2. notabard New Member

Assuming login server is down atm..
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

EQ is dead!
  4. Imak Augur

Login server is fine. Can bypass patcher and get the to server select (all servers are presently locked). Chat server also working fine. Launchpad will not download; only gives message "EverQuest is currently under maintenance."
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They changed it as of the last patch, you can't download the patch files until they unlock it. Not sure why, but it is what it is.
    disgruntled likes this.
  6. Draego Augur

Probably to prevent all the perma-campers from being able to instantly log in and kill certain old school raid content mobs in order to hog their spawn timers and tradable loot.

What DBG should do instead is just make ALL the loot on those highly contested critters NO TRADE and be done with perma-campers and player grief-ers (won't mention any specific player names, but a certain IMMORTAL UNITY a**hat you know who you are) from preventing others from being able to get items needed to complete quests and epics and such.
  7. thedragon Elder

Or you could take your own advice and stop complaining about problems that aren't really problems.
    Just wait until the server is back up? Takes 10 seconds to patch /shrug
    Draego likes this.
  8. Draego Augur

Not exactly true for everyone........... heck-forbid anyone is using dialup nowadays, but for people with slightly antiquated systems I can see it taking longer than 10 seconds......

Thank goodness I am not one of those people..........
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Plus they just posted they are going to be down longer, might be all server related stuff.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It was an awfully long time ago, that they changed the raid mobs to spawn at random times after the servers went up. Certainly doesn't stop people from logging in immediately and camping them though, but they can't instantly kill them.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

If you miss the offline server chats, let me be the first to say...

Servers are up!

lol
    itzagame_m8s likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

AOL still has like couple million dial up and one of those is playing EQ I bet. You know that slimy slick guy who always buffs you and wants to go on the boats to less populated areas.
  13. Draego Augur

And even so, there are still several very highly contested mobs (Fright, Terror and Dread come instantly to mind) that actually spawn as soon as the servers come up.......... and more importantly anyone 100 and above CAN instantly kill those few particular mobs, as I have witnessed it being done.
  14. Lolth New Member

How do I bypass patcher? Would like to log into Test server, which apparently is up.
  15. HawkMasterson New Member

Right click on the eqgame.exe and choose properties. in the "target" box add " -patchme" without quotes to the end of the sequence. It's also a faster way to log in.
  16. Lolth New Member

I can't find a "target" box, what information would I find in it? I mean, what sentence am I looking for?
  17. Shenanigans Journeyman

Right click the shortcut, the shortcut has a target line under properties.

"C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
  18. Lolth New Member

Thank you, I got that to work, but Test server is not available through that bypass :p

Any other ideas on how to access Test server?
  19. EnchFWO Augur

Most of which are irrelevant since you can spawn them for the needed quests at any point now. Their loot is 'meh' status at best.

The fun ones to get are NTOV and VT. Hope you got your Mages planted, tracker ready, and mounted jump skills perfected for that race.
  20. Draego Augur

First in order to spawn them the correct Harbinger has to be up in order to do that.... which I have also witnessed the same perma-campers trying to keep those mobs on lockdown so no one else can get an idea of the respawn timer of the true mobs.

Also maybe your missing the AON sale aspect, which DOES NOT drop off the instanced versions of the Golems......

So put those 2 facts together and my point applies............

From the last time I tried to CoHing anyone in VT and got the message "There are no heroes here." it sounds like someone just unintentionally admitted to using Third-party Software.